VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

S3 2001

21K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  souparahman 
#1 ·
hi, I sell my audi s3 2001 it has 3 weeks that leave the audi center it recive all the servise, all is pay. the car is in mexico
and extra is remaped 260hp

$15,500,00dls
i can move the car more close to the border is possible.

Modified by adolfitoVR6 at 5:24 PM 4-26-2008

Modified by adolfitoVR6 at 10:20 PM 4-26-2008

See less See more
#12 ·
Re: (nsingh9)

Quote, originally posted by nsingh9 »
Does anybody know what it would take to license this in the US?

you have to rip the engine out....ship the engine...and then a month or so later ship the shell.
If you ship both at the same time customs will seize your stuff and you'll be screwed. Do each separately.
Then you re-assemble in the US and get a kit-car title for it.
I talked to Cort about it once via IM but the process seemed so difficult that I decided just to go for a new A3.

#14 ·
Re: (toasters)

Quote, originally posted by toasters »

you have to rip the engine out....ship the engine...and then a month or so later ship the shell.
If you ship both at the same time customs will seize your stuff and you'll be screwed. Do each separately.
Then you re-assemble in the US and get a kit-car title for it.
I talked to Cort about it once via IM but the process seemed so difficult that I decided just to go for a new A3.

thats one way, or just hire a company that does this stuff everyday.
be prepared for it to sit in customs for a few months maybe less and also spending some extra money to get it emission cert. to epa standerds.

#15 ·
Re: (Bda10889)

Quote, originally posted by Bda10889 »

Talk to Cort.... he is on the forums, check the Texas regional forum.. .he imported an S3 from Mexico.....

And ruined H20 for everyone a few years ago with it, plenty of vids on youtube

Modified by irishpride at 8:17 PM 3-23-2009

#19 ·
Re: (defiance)

from what i know ( lol not alot) and this is also based of canadian and japanese cars
you have to change lighting, airbag sensors for sensitivity, amond countless other things,
but one options is having it chopped into like 3 pieces, then engine out, and all body panels off to call it a kit car.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.