The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sick of it

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 S2000; 2016 GTI; 2017 Volt; 2003 XC70; 1966 GTO
      04-30-2008 01:01 PM #51
      Quote, originally posted by velocipedio »
      Yes, I do also enjoy the fact that Europe has the finest beer in the world and women who weigh less than I do. Thanks for reminding me.

Freda looks like she's got Buckwheat in a headlock. Good luck with that, dude.
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBLUV401 View Post
      I am not here for grammer lesson's

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
      Vehicles
      03 Jetta Wagon 1.8T, 08 Polo 9N3 1.4TDI, 14 Tiguan 6MT, 87 IZH Kombi
      04-30-2008 01:02 PM #52
      Quote, originally posted by velocipedio »
      Yes, I do also enjoy the fact that Europe has the finest beer in the world and women who weigh less than I do. Thanks for reminding me.

Why do i go back there?

4. Member
      Vehicles
      14 Toyota 4Runner, 05 Lexus GX470
      04-30-2008 01:04 PM #53
      Quote, originally posted by EUROBORA8V »
      Oh and i will pay you $100.00 to read through some history books and refresh your memory on something. If you smart enougth, you'll get it. (Although i doubted)

I've read more "history books" than I care to, you still make absolutely zero sense. I also love how you refer to "smart enougth" yet can't spell.
      The bottom line is there's no demand for the cars you're describing. If there was, guess what - we would have them available!

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:16 PM #54
      Quote, originally posted by BltByKrmn »
      The bottom line is there's no demand for the cars you're describing. If there was, guess what - we would have them available!

How to do you determine no demand? Did VW bring their Polo, Fox, Lupo models to state that? Did Fiat bring their 500 Abarth or whatever? Did Benz bring their A class? Of course you might refer to AUDI A3 which not selling like hot cakes because its not priced right. We'll see when gas prices hit $5.00 like they are in some parts of Cali. I can tell you right now that people started driving less in SoCal. Streets are empty. Unless you prove how theres no demand, your post is invalid.

6. Awaiting Email Confirmation velocipedio's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Audi S3 Sportback. Audi A4 Avant quattro USP
      04-30-2008 01:16 PM #55
      Quote, originally posted by GTI 20v »
      Freda looks like she's got Buckwheat in a headlock. Good luck with that, dude.

Knowing what you are talking about: good luck with that, dude.

Modified by velocipedio at 9:18 AM 4-30-2008

Vehicles
      2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport, 2005 Honda Element
      04-30-2008 01:21 PM #56
      How to do you determine no demand? Did VW bring their Polo, Fox, Lupo models to state that? Did Fiat bring their 500 Abarth or whatever? Did Benz bring their A class?

No.
      And that should be enough to tell you that there is no great demand for such cars.
      The best-selling cars are still in the midsize and compact classes not the subcompact class.
      He's really showing us what a man with a cannon in his chest can do!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:21 PM #57
      How to do you determine no demand? Did VW bring their Polo, Fox, Lupo models to state that? Did Fiat bring their 500 Abarth or whatever? Did Benz bring their A class? Of course you might refer to AUDI A3 which not selling like hot cakes because its not priced right. We'll see when gas prices hit $5.00 like they are in some parts of Cali. I can tell you right now that people started driving less in SoCal. Streets are empty. Unless you prove how theres no demand, your post is invalid.

So you're telling me the constant research of the automotive industry (that they spend millions upon millions of dollars on) is completely wrong just because *YOU* want a Polo?
      Yea, you've got it all figured out.

Vehicles
      Golf GTI 7
      04-30-2008 01:25 PM #58
      VWOA has already said they want to bring in a Polo-sized car to the US. The problem is building one that Americans will like at a price they will be willing to pay.

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:25 PM #59
      Quote, originally posted by BltByKrmn »
      So you're telling me the constant research of the automotive industry (that they spend millions upon millions of dollars on) is completely wrong just because *YOU* want a Polo?
      Yea, you've got it all figured out.

By who? J.D. power, Car & Driver, you?
      Got to be complete idiot to trust those.

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:27 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by Hajduk »
      VWOA has already said they want to bring in a Polo-sized car to the US. The problem is building one that Americans will like at a price they will be willing to pay.

Yeah, exactly. Apparently person posting right before you thinks otherwise.

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:28 PM #61
      By who? J.D. power...

Maybe.
      Not to mention research the automakers likely do themselves.
      Quote »
      Car & Driver, you?

Who claimed those to be research firms?
      Quote »

You're really quite dense, aren't you?

13. Member
      Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:29 PM #62
      By who? J.D. power, Car & Driver, you?

What in the world are you talking about? Do you really think major auto companies don't do extensive market research both internally and externally? These companies are in business to MAKE MONEY, not make YOU happy. If there was a market for said cars, they would sell them.
      What the hell does C&D have to do with market research? This proves you don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about.

Vehicles
      2015 Ford Fiesta ST, 2016 Ford Escape... driven at/or beyond their limits
      04-30-2008 01:29 PM #63
      Who said Polo would be 20k?
      Santa Monica VW had a 2006 VW Fox on their lot available for customers to check out. The official letter from VW stated that this particular model would be around 11k. Almost same as Polo. Where does everyone get 20k from? I know i would never pay 20k for a Mazda thats for sure, but thats me. Look at Samrt flying off the lots for close to 20k. Look at Mini's, Rabbits, Fits, Yarises, Versas. There is a market for Polo. It just has to be priced right.

I'm making an educated guess based on my experience in the industry and knowing EVERYTHING that goes into a vehicle launch. It's not as easy as just shipping cars over as they sit right now and saying to the dealers, "OK... here ya go. Sell these f**kers." How much $$$ do you think engineering/R&D costs are going to be (rest assured you've got to make some content/tooling changes to federalize this car)? Hope you've got $100,000+ to crash-test a car (not counting all the time/money leading up to that test)... want to add a dead pedal? Do another crash test. Making a change to the seat or the A-pillar? Another crash test. Hope nothing goes wrong during any of those 'cause you'll be paying for another one. Let's also talk about educating the dealers who will be selling these cars. You gonna do some dealer training? Set aside about $5-10 million for flying them all out somewhere (including all of your support staff who will be out at said location for 2+ weeks), as well as all of your technician training. What's your marketing budget look like for this car? Gotta educate all these people that have no idea this car exists and get them lining up 50 deep at their local VW store for one...
      What's that? VW is an "upscale" vehicle in this country? Surely you'll have to make the dashboard strokable and offer all the airbags and creature comforts one would associate with that brand. So now let's say with all of that involved (and trust me, there's much more...), you still think you can bring this car in and sell it UNDER the Rabbit?
      OEMs aren't keeping cars like this out of your hands because they're f**king with you. Do you really think that there aren't "enthusiasts" who "get it" just like people in TCL do working at every manufacturer out there? There certainly are, but if you can't make a BUSINESS CASE (read: turn a profit) for a vehicle, it's not going to get sold here.

Modified by MotownSVT at 12:59 PM 4-30-2008

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:34 PM #64
      Yeah, exactly. Apparently person posting right before you thinks otherwise.

Yeah, exactly.
      "The problem is building one that Americans will like..."
      I.e., enough power (especially on the highway), decently-sized and well-equipped.
      "...at a price they will be willing to pay."
      At a price point below the point of "WTF? Why don't I just buy a Corolla/Sentra/Civic/Mazda3/Rabbit/Jetta/Focus/etc.?"
      ---
      And even if they manage that, it still won't be a big player.

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:36 PM #65
      Quote, originally posted by VarianceVQ »
      Maybe.
      Not to mention research the automakers likely do themselves.
      Who claimed those to be research firms?
      You're really quite dense, aren't you?

That aside have you bothered to give it a thought that we have these kind of threads everyday. I have friends all over Europe and other parts of the world. I can tell you right now that people overseas are happy with their selection. But we are not in U.S.? Just give it a thought. Does that mean that car makers (i would change the term a little as its a local compnay, ex. VOA, AOA, etc) are making proper research?
      Otherwise are you saying that you are perfectly happy with the selection of cars we have? If yes, i have nothing else to add to you but to congratulate you. A lot of people are not however.

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 01:46 PM #66

That aside have you bothered to give it a thought that we have these kind of threads everyday.

Considering that the Car Lounge does not represent anywhere near the majority of the general North American marketplace, no.
      Quote »
      I have friends all over Europe and other parts of the world. I can tell you right now that people overseas are happy with their selection.

Good for them. Their situation overseas is much different from ours.
      Quote »
      But we are not in U.S.? Just give it a thought. Does that mean that car makers (i would change the term a little as its a local compnay, ex. VOA, AOA, etc) are making proper research?

If a vast portion of Americans wanted subcompact cars, smarts would be flying off of the lots, the Camry wouldn't be the best-selling car and automakers would be cranking out subcompact cars much faster than they are now.
      Quote »
      Otherwise are you saying that you are perfectly happy with the selection of cars we have? If yes, i have nothing else to add to you but to congratulate you. A lot of people are not however.

No one's stopping you from buying a smart, used Metro or whatever. You act like you have absolutely no choice whatsoever. The only thing stopping you in your case are your own biases.

Modified by VarianceVQ at 12:47 PM 4-30-2008

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 02:09 PM #67
      Quote, originally posted by VarianceVQ »

No one's stopping you from buying a smart, used Metro or whatever. You act like you have absolutely no choice whatsoever. The only thing stopping you in your case are your own biases.

Modified by VarianceVQ at 12:47 PM 4-30-2008

Why would i want a Geo Metro? Absolutely garbage.
      Either way we are limited in choices. End of discussion. And stop talking on bahlf of most of uneducated and dumb population. Those freaks already caused us a Real Estate disaster with buying what they shouldn't buy. If people in their mind would listen to that bulf of population, we are not going anywhere.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      04-30-2008 02:18 PM #68
      Why would i want a Geo Metro? Absolutely garbage.

Why would I want a VW Polo? Absolute garbage.
      See how fun this is!
      Either way we are limited in choices. End of discussion. And stop talking on bahlf of most of uneducated and dumb population. Those freaks already caused us a Real Estate disaster with buying what they shouldn't buy. If people in their mind would listen to that bulf of population, we are not going anywhere.

You should stop typing, you sound more and more unimformed with each post.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      04-30-2008 02:36 PM #69
      Either way we are limited in choices.

So is everyone. Not every car we have in the US is available in every single country that sells cars.

04-30-2008 02:41 PM #70
      Oh and i will pay you $100.00 to read through some history books and refresh your memory on something. If you smart enougth, you'll get it. (Although i doubted)

Wow, you really all over the place with aren't you? Apparently even you don't know what you were talking about!

"Stop whining!"

04-30-2008 02:44 PM #71
      Quote, originally posted by 6cylVWguy »
      So is everyone. Not every car we have in the US is available in every single country that sells cars.

I think he's gotten too americanized! In Soviet Russia Consumer don't choose Car, Car choose you!

Vehicles
      2005 Acura EL
      04-30-2008 02:48 PM #72
      Go out and buy yourself an Astra. Show the industry there's a market for european cars. The Astra is the guinea pig, and so far it's not looking good.

Vehicles
      Poop
      04-30-2008 02:48 PM #73
      america. f||ck yea.

Vehicles
      04-30-2008 03:13 PM #74
      In Soviet Russia you wouldnt survive

26. Member
      Vehicles
      04-30-2008 03:14 PM #75
      In Soviet Russia you wouldnt survive

Apparently you couldn't either or you would still be living there driving a econobox.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast