VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Problems with heater/fan on Jetta Mk1

514 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  luisgp 
#1 ·
Here is it, ion my '87 Mk1 Jetta, no A/C:
After having a major shortcircuit that required heavy rewiring if most of the electrical system related to the lighting, I have this left,
The fan blower motor won't run if the switch isn't in number 4, I have heard that there are some resistors that can blow up and give you that, but I don't know where they are located.
Also, altough i doubt this is electrical-related, the driver's side vent doesn't blow air, I tried all the selections at the control panel and it won't work, while the right side works just fine. Any suggestions are welcome.
TIA

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Problems with heater/fan on Jetta Mk1 (GTI_Andy)

quote:[HR][/HR]You could try changing the fan switch as a start...

The driver side not blowing air could a be a bunch of leaves stuck in there possibly[HR][/HR]​

Thank you, fan switches cost money (specially new ones), and I prefer not to spend it in something I'm not sure will work.
I'll check for leaves and everything, but I tend to think that it is more related to some flap inside not working right, as it stopped working suddenly one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.