VWVortex.com - gun safes
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gun safes

1. 04-17-2009 08:48 AM #26
      You can find some really good deals on antique safes on Craigslist.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2008 VW GTI
      04-17-2009 09:46 AM #27
      Do any of you guys/gals have a Liberty safe? There is a lock smith store near by and they have the new "Fat Boy" series. Are they any good?
      Here is the link to the safe. The price I got was around $2k with delivery.
      http://www.libertysafe.com/safe_fatboy.php
      PSN: Glock23man

4. 04-21-2009 01:50 PM #28
      i got the safe, and brought it into my house, all by myself. i think ive earned myself a few beers
      first, the contraption i put up in my crawl space:

i ran a 10,000lb tow strap from that, down the stairs:

to it, i hooked a 1 ton come-along:

here is the safe, as delivered:

get over here, ****!

tight fit:

stood up:

i had to bring it through a hallway (tight) and 2 rooms to get it to my closet:

it is REALLY nice....very well made it seems. here are the bolts. it has 14 of them:

3 hinges:

it has a dual entry system...you need the key AND need to know the code to get in.....there is a backup over-ride key too, just in case. i will keep that in a safe deposit box i think. it came with 2 sets of each key.

here are the keys, and the backup battery module...you plug it into the front if the batteries die inside:

inside the safe:

pistol holsters:

they also threw in a dehumidifier and a set of those push lights:

and finally, they thew in a huge magnet. america....**** YEAH!

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI 4DR MT6 SB 1989 AW11 MR2 4AGE 150whp 2250lbs
      04-21-2009 01:51 PM #29
      Quote, originally posted by mattcrane »
      I agree.
      It just helps me rest easy knowing that whoever might wander in my house doesn't easily have access to my guns.
      Especially because I have a roommate, and do not know all of their friends. Or when I go out of town, etc.

Why I got one too recently - increasing number of firearms, plus being out of town a lot...
      Also great for storing various valuables. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

6. 04-21-2009 02:06 PM #30
      Nice safe...despite all of the arguments...any safe is better than no safe - that coming from a guy who doesn't have one.
      Professionals can get into ANYTHING. However, most guys would run in, see the safe...say screw it, and leave. Simple as that. Deterrent effect is excellent with anyone who's not a professional.
      The average thug conversation rarely goes:
      SMASH
      "Oh heck yeah..."
      "Bro, they got a safe...damn"
      "Nah man, its a X-3550, second series...you can easily bypass that alarm circuit, and the weld fastenings here can be struck from this angle which we can use to leverage that ish, and pop the door off."
      "..."
      "What?"

7. 09-10-2019 02:39 AM #31
      I recently bought a BARSKA Large Biometric Safe as per Chris suggestion and It's great gun safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12