VWVortex.com - Autothority chip question
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Autothority chip question

1. 10-22-2008 02:48 PM #1
      So I was looking at the chip inside my ecu in my g60 and found that someone along the line had replaced the original chip with an autothority chip part number VW.037.1.300A, I called autothority up and thay would not tell me anything about it because I was not the original purchaser. Not feeling to highly about them right now. Anyhow my question is does anyone out there have any idea what stage this chip would be? Or know anything about it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2010 3.6 4-Motion CC, 1990 G60/TDI/R36 Corrado
      10-22-2008 06:35 PM #2
      no idea what stage it is but they used to sell a bunch of stage 3 chips. They also used to do custom chips but I heard they went out of business a few years back. Its wierd that you say you talked with them. As for their custom chips I somebody local to them was not satisfied with their abilities after they had his car for two days but then again I've been in that same position with other tuners.

4. 10-23-2008 06:23 PM #3
      Yeah I talked to them on the phone for about 30 seconds and the words out of his mouth were "actually we have a policy that states that we can only give info to the original purchaser. Im happy with the performance of it but I would like to know a little more about it. The car came with a 63?mm pulley but I am running the stock one for now cuz I am breaking in my ABA. Bought the car used form a kid who had no idea what was done to it so I am stumbling in the dark.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 10-23-2008 07:33 PM #4
      well if you make 500 custom chips over many years; it may be difficult to pop off the top of your head what was done. esp if your business model is much larger than just making those chips

7. 10-26-2008 12:30 PM #5
      Exact same situation with my Son's car. Bought it and opened up the ECU to find an Autothority chip 037 020 100. E-mailed them and no answer, although they did read the e-mail. Looked inside the chip only to find different fueling and timing - tons of timing. My bet is that my son's chip relied very much on having a good knock sensor! I'm wondering if the last 3 numbers are the stage. My son's car had nothing done to it other than the chip - so I'm thinking stage 1.

8. 10-28-2008 12:27 AM #6
      How did you find out about the timing? My car had lots done to it and I would really like to fill the blanks.

9. 10-28-2008 12:51 AM #7
      Read the chip with an eprom burner and compare to a stock chip.
      If you know what is done to your car, why not get a new chip to be sure - SNS changes more than just the fuel and timing in their chips

Modified by starrd at 9:53 PM 10-27-2008

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 jetta wolfburg edition 1.8t 6spd, 1986 golf gti vr6 turbo, 1995 passat vr6 swap
      05-22-2020 06:05 AM #8
      I see the post is very old but I actually have this same exact chip. Unfortunately I have never used it so if you have any idea what your car had done to it so I know what it was used for would definitely help. Chip reads (Autothority Perf Eng VW.037.1 300A SN.5001 c1993 CARB EQ #0-228-1)