VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6

124K views 231 replies 106 participants last post by  black forest ind 
#1 ·

Introducing Black Forest Industries' latest release for the VW community, the new PEM or Performance Enhancement Module. Developed with C2 Motorsports exclusively to Black Forest Industries specifications for the ABA, the PEM is programmed, stocked and shipped in-house from BFI. The PEM is a collaborative success between two of the leading aftermarket names in the industry.

The PEM is designed specifically to not only increase power and throttle response, but to also smooth out the power as it is delivered throughout the RPM range. Additionally , the PEM does not require a secondary oxygen sensor reading for mapping, nor is it affected by secondary air injection.
Carefully mapped adjustments to the fueling and timing allow the most to be extracted from VW's bulletproof powerplant. All tuning was dyno-tested to ensure real world increases in performance and power. This file is tuned on 93 octane, however the ECU will pull enough timing if you had to run 91 or even 89.
Available for both ABA and VR6 OBD2 motors in Stg1. Camshaft specific Stg2 files are also available for both motors as well.
ABA Stage1 - Click Here
ABA Stage2 - Click Here
VR6 Stage1 - Click Here
VR6 Stage2 - Click Here
*In stock and ready to ship
ABA Stage1 vs Stock

ABA Stage2 vs Stock

Modified by adam@blackforest at 3:01 PM 12-12-2008

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6 (Mr.Bullet)

As for VR6 specific dyno, we did just have the chance to do a back to back comparison on a mk2 vr6 swap with our Stg2 PEM and the GIAC cam file chip that was in the car already:

The overall numbers seem a bit low, as the car still had the MK2 8v cat and catback exhaust on it. But the gains of the PEM can still clearly be seen.

#13 ·
Re: (KnightRider200sx)

Quote, originally posted by KnightRider200sx »
off topic but adam do you guys have rear bilstein sport shocks in stock for a mk3 vr dont think vr6 matters. i am looking to order a pair asap lol

Yes they are available on our website http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#23 ·
Re: BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6 (DeeevO)

I see that you state that it requires 93 octane, but can pull enough timing to run 91 or 89. I have a 97 vr and would be interested in running this chip, but out here in CO, you can only find 91 at the pump. There are specialty places that sell 93, but few and far between. What do you suggest?

#26 ·
Re: BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6 (adam@blackforest)

i purchased a giac cam chip a while back and it caused bucking issues that where never solved even with a replacement chip i was sent.if i would try your chip would i be able to return it if it doesnt work either.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.