VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6

124K views 231 replies 106 participants last post by  black forest ind 
#1 ·

Introducing Black Forest Industries' latest release for the VW community, the new PEM or Performance Enhancement Module. Developed with C2 Motorsports exclusively to Black Forest Industries specifications for the ABA, the PEM is programmed, stocked and shipped in-house from BFI. The PEM is a collaborative success between two of the leading aftermarket names in the industry.

The PEM is designed specifically to not only increase power and throttle response, but to also smooth out the power as it is delivered throughout the RPM range. Additionally , the PEM does not require a secondary oxygen sensor reading for mapping, nor is it affected by secondary air injection.
Carefully mapped adjustments to the fueling and timing allow the most to be extracted from VW's bulletproof powerplant. All tuning was dyno-tested to ensure real world increases in performance and power. This file is tuned on 93 octane, however the ECU will pull enough timing if you had to run 91 or even 89.
Available for both ABA and VR6 OBD2 motors in Stg1. Camshaft specific Stg2 files are also available for both motors as well.
ABA Stage1 - Click Here
ABA Stage2 - Click Here
VR6 Stage1 - Click Here
VR6 Stage2 - Click Here
*In stock and ready to ship
ABA Stage1 vs Stock

ABA Stage2 vs Stock

Modified by adam@blackforest at 3:01 PM 12-12-2008

See less See more
#28 ·
Re: BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6 (steve-o 16v GLI)

Quote, originally posted by steve-o 16v GLI »
i purchased a giac cam chip a while back and it caused bucking issues that where never solved even with a replacement chip i was sent.if i would try your chip would i be able to return it if it doesnt work either.

You probably had an issue with your car that was independent of the chip. I experienced an issue when I installed my PEM....after speaking with Adam and trouble-shooting, turns out it was the MAF I replaced last August that was the culprit. Car ran 100% once I fixed the MAF issue. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#34 ·
Re: BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6 (adam@blackforest)

Quote, originally posted by adam@blackforest »
Last week we had the chance to do back to back runs on the same car on the dyno to get a comparison with our ABA Stg1 PEM vs Nuespeed which was in the car:

what other mods on car??? just wondering

#37 ·

Quote, originally posted by adam@blackforest »
None really, it had a cone filter and thats about it

wow -- not a bad increase for just switching chips. Do you custom taylor the chip to whatever cam we tell you -- or is it just a generic "big cam" chip.....

#38 ·
Re: BFI PEM Software Upgrades for ABA & VR6 (ytbaseball16)

Quote, originally posted by ytbaseball16 »
no cat or sai will the cel still be on

Modified by ytbaseball16 at 3:21 PM 2-11-2009

Modified by ytbaseball16 at 3:22 PM 2-11-2009

If you are asking if there would be a cel because of that , then no it shouldnt for those items specifically

#40 ·

Just installed the VR6 stage 2 and IMO it's the best chip one can provide for your DUB! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Nice to have "current" software that performs as advertised
I've tried all others over the years and this little power cube gets the job done extremely well and extra smooth - It's great when ****e works
..Thanks BFI

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.