APR is pleased to announce our newest ECU Upgrade for the 2.5l engine found in the VW Rabbit and Jetta Model Years 2007-2009.
APR's tuning program for the Rabbit and Jetta 2.5l presents new technologies and features found for the first time in APR's calibration program. APR's Engineering Team have spent numerous hours disseminating the Motronic Engine Management System to unlock new features in ECU customization and provide new options to further enhance the driving experience.
New Features Include:
- Maximum Engine Speed Limit Raised to 6500 RPM
- Left-Foot Braking Enabled for Simultaneous Throttle and Accelerator Input
- Idle Raised to 750 RPM for Smoother Idle and Easier Initial Acceleration
- Raised Standing Engine Speed Limit To 6500 RPM
- Recalibrated Engine Breaking Assist to Remove Overrun Hang
- Speed Limiter Removed
- Air-Fuel Ratio Calibrated for Maximum Power and Torque Delivery at Wide Open Throttle and Calibrated for Maximum Fuel Economy during Part Throttle Operation
93 Octane Power Highlights:
- Peak HP: 181HP
- Peak TQ: 204TQ
- Peak HP Gain over stock: 12.4HP @ 4250RPM
- Peak TQ Gain over Stock: 15.3TQ @ 4250RPM
91 Octane Power Highlights:
- Peak HP: 180HP
- Peak TQ: 201TQ
- Peak HP Gain over stock: 10HP @ 6000RPM
- Peak TQ Gain over Stock: 12TQ @ 4000RPM
93 Octane Performance
Click here for wheel values
93 Octane Torque Gains:
93 Octane Horsepower Gains
Available the Second Week of February!
APR's 2.5L ECU Upgrade is available as a fully loaded suite featuring ALL the features below for only $599!
- APR's Patented Directport Programming Technology
- APR's EMCS Functionality
-- [ Programs and Functions switchable though the cruise control stock. No need to purchase external hardware ]
- Fault Code Erase/Throttle Body Alignment
- Security Lockout
-- [ With no external hardware for program switching, when locked out in stock mode, your software is completely invisible to diagnostic scan tools. ]
Your Choice of Four Calibrations!
- Exact OEM Calibration Stock Mode
- 91 Octane Performance Mode
- 93 Octane Performance Mode
- 100 Octane Performance Mode
- Valet Mode
For more information please visit http://www.goapr.com or call 800-680-7921. For your closest APR distributor please visit http://www.goapr.com/dealer/
DOES THIS WORK ON MY CAR?????
Here is the scoop.
There are several different engine codes for the 2.5L. There are an unimaginable number of ECU box codes and software revisions for these engines as well.
The software was tuned on the following:
Engine Code: CBTA
ECU Box Code: 07K906032BK
Software Revision: S2438
If you have this, you're all set. You can get the software the same day it launches.
Now you're probably asking "What is my engine code? What's a Box Code? What the heck is a Software Revision!!!". Don't panic! I've got you covered.
Here's the good news. Code is portable. What that means is if we compare one car's software to another, and the calibrations from the factory are the same, we can simply use the same calibration on both cars.
Here's what you can do. All you need to do is take your car to an APR dealer. They'll hook up to your car and see if your software is currently compatible with what we have. If you have something we haven't seen yet, the APR dealer will simply copy down your vehicles information and send it over to the APR HQ. Once we get it, we'll take a look at the code and see if you are compatible. If it is, depending on the work load, the engineers can crank it out in a day. If not, we'll have to get one of those vehicles in house to tune.
The really good news is you can do this before we launch the software. Anyone can head on over an APR Dealer and ask to be code extracted so check your software for compatibility and get it to you as soon as possible if it is. We'll let everyone know what we have available as more code is ported.
If you need help locating an APR dealer, try our locator tool here: http://www.goapr.com/dealer/
I hope this has been informative and not confusing. None the less, if you are still confused, let me know and I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.
Modified by [email protected] at 8:38 AM 2-5-2009