Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ACC, ADR, radar Phaeton 3D HELP coding needed Retrofit

1. 08-01-2017 01:09 PM #51
      Hi Chaps,

I'm in dire need of ACC to my phaeton since loosing my right leg in a motorcycle accident. Using my left leg is painful so making my current Cruise control to ACC would be a massive benefit to me

With my Phaeton being a later 58 2008 car, does this mean I need less parts to make ACC work? Brake servo, instrument cluster etc?

I've found a radar sensor, the 6 button steering wheel buttons - are these and coding all that I need?

I've trawled through old posts but cant quite get the answers...

Your time with any responses would be sincerely appreciated.

Regards,

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Phaeton V8 , Passat VR6 DSG 4M, S/C Honda S2000 AP1, 957 Cayenne, Benelli Tornado, VFR1200F, 981 GT4
      08-01-2017 01:26 PM #52
      Sorry to hear about your accident. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I'm not sure if 2008 has more parts to make it easier for ADR retrofit. I think you still need instrument cluster, Steering Wheel buttons, ADR module With integrated controller , brake Servo and its controller.

However, I strongly recommend to buy a newer car (2010+ Phaeton for example) So that you get full automatic cruise control even in stop and go traffic.

I tried newer ADRs in BMW and currently in my company car (Genesis G80) which works flawlessly and never had an automatic crash
      Ahmad

Vehicles
      2005 Phaeton V10 swb 4-seat, BMW i3 REx, SY Stavic 4x4, SY KJ Korando, Mercedes W168
      08-01-2017 01:43 PM #53
      Your time with any responses would be sincerely appreciated.
      Hi,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry you didn't get any comments on your ZAB problem earlier, perhaps you can describe which model it is.

Regarding the ACC retrofit, I think that this current thread has the fullest set of links and comments.

Ahmad's advice does sound good to me, without wanting to dampen your enthusiasm.

It is a significant update, involving finding parts of the exact type for the 2008 model, and some inscrutable coding that both of the people who did it unfortunately failed to share in sufficient detail to replicate. Even the complete brake servo unit may need replacing, as it has an additional G501 brake pressure sensor in it, together with the harness.

The 2008 Phaeton may have some characteristics of both its 2007 predecessor and its 2009 successor, which could also complicate the job.

Chris
      -- I just bought a Phaeton. How do I..............................-- Upgrades, modifications, pampering
      -- Colours, factory options, reviews...............................-- Technical Reference
      -- Troubleshooting.................................................. ....-- See the TOC/FAQ (Index) for more details

5. 09-12-2017 11:16 AM #54
      Hello, please, send me at PM file "10 Adaptive Cruise Control.pdf (228.1 KB, 28 views)"

Vehicles
      2005 Phaeton V10 swb 4-seat, BMW i3 REx, SY Stavic 4x4, SY KJ Korando, Mercedes W168
      09-12-2017 01:48 PM #55
      Hi nikg,

Welcome to the Forum!

After your Forum Account has been verified and is fully working, you should be able to click on the link in post #50 and the file will download in your browser.

Regards,
      Chris
      -- I just bought a Phaeton. How do I..............................-- Upgrades, modifications, pampering
      -- Colours, factory options, reviews...............................-- Technical Reference
      -- Troubleshooting.................................................. ....-- See the TOC/FAQ (Index) for more details

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      VW Phaeton, Jaguar X type
      05-23-2020 03:39 PM #56
      Because this topic is the first in google if you are searching ACC retrofit or coding, I'll live this information here.

In order to code the ADR radar module in phaeton 2002-2007:
      1. Use only full VCDS, the lite version does not work.
      2. Open #13 - ADR
      3. Open "Security access" and input the code 21056
      4. Open adaptation
      5. Put the value 201 to the channel 2 and close adaptation
      6. Open coding
      7. Put the value
      a) 0001031 for V10 5l
      b) 0001451 for V8 4.3l
      c) 0001441 for V6 3l
      d) 0001201 for W12 6L
      Unfortunately I don't know the codes for vr6 and if it is compatible at all.
      9. Go again to the adaptation and put 1 to the channel 2.

Ready.

One more thing - not every radar compatible with all engines.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123