Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
    Results 2,376 to 2,381 of 2381

Thread: Post pics of your dog(s)

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      09-16-2019 03:19 PM #2376
      Yea, her dad is 90lb and her mom is 85lb so we're expecting she'll be around that.

Sorry to hear about the new pup but I totally get it. I'm sure it was a hard decision to make.
      iain

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Ghetto35, Lifted AWD Prius
      09-16-2019 03:55 PM #2377
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Yea, her dad is 90lb and her mom is 85lb so we're expecting she'll be around that.

Sorry to hear about the new pup but I totally get it. I'm sure it was a hard decision to make.
      Nice. Our old German Shepherd was a runty 65 lbs... I imagine an 80-90lb version will be a lot of fun. If we could find another (available) sable shepherd, we'd be all over it.

And yeah, it took me two attempts to actually bring the new girl back. I turned the car around the first time I tried and barely made it the second. Not fun, but I think everybody/dog is better off.

09-16-2019 04:42 PM #2378

Those ears

Man a good dog sitter is so damn hard to find.

Last week was the second time in a row we got back into town to find our dog with a hurt paw, and a $x,000 vet bill.

Almost a year ago to the day, our dog passed away while we were 12 time zones away. I think I might need to start taking her to a professional facility that doesn't let them out, and has 24 hour staff.

It really pains me to do that though because my dog needs exercise or she goes crazy.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      09-17-2019 11:52 AM #2379
      Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
      Nice. Our old German Shepherd was a runty 65 lbs... I imagine an 80-90lb version will be a lot of fun. If we could find another (available) sable shepherd, we'd be all over it.

And yeah, it took me two attempts to actually bring the new girl back. I turned the car around the first time I tried and barely made it the second. Not fun, but I think everybody/dog is better off.
      Aww, she was cutie.

Man, that had to be really tough. Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      Man a good dog sitter is so damn hard to find.

Last week was the second time in a row we got back into town to find our dog with a hurt paw, and a $x,000 vet bill.

Almost a year ago to the day, our dog passed away while we were 12 time zones away. I think I might need to start taking her to a professional facility that doesn't let them out, and has 24 hour staff.

It really pains me to do that though because my dog needs exercise or she goes crazy.

Aww, poor puppy. We haven't started looking at boarding places yet for Juniper but it's something we need to do. We don't travel much but just for an emergency.
      iain

Vehicles
      Ghetto35, Lifted AWD Prius
      09-17-2019 01:51 PM #2380
      Aww, she was cutie.

Man, that had to be really tough. Sorry...
      Thanks. It was unexpected... took her on her typical long, high-energy morning walk, she took a nap on the deck, and then just couldn't get up. Took her to the vet, and a tumor (that nobody knew about) had ruptured in her abdomen, which lead to severe internal bleeding. It hit me harder than some human deaths I've experienced. She was 12, but like most German Shepherds, still had the energy of a much younger dog.

Aww, poor puppy. We haven't started looking at boarding places yet for Juniper but it's something we need to do. We don't travel much but just for an emergency.
      We've had good luck trading dog watching with our neighbors. Dog watching + a case of beer or some wine, typically. In the rare case when timing hasn't worked out, I've found that the smaller, family-owned kennels tend to be better than the larger, more commercial ones. Your vet may also offer boarding.

Oh, and that $x,xxx bill and the hurt paw is a huge bummer.

Vehicles
      S4, A4, R32
      10-06-2019 11:44 AM #2381
      girlfriend got Ernie an Ewok costume and couldn't resist having him try it on.

welcome to the layer cake

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596