VWVortex.com - FEELER: 1986 GTI, 8V, Tornado Red, 83k OG Miles, MINT CONDITION!!!!!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FEELER: 1986 GTI, 8V, Tornado Red, 83k OG Miles, MINT CONDITION!!!!!

1. 04-15-2009 01:39 PM #1
      I am sorry for not posting pics, but if you want I can send them to you via email. I have a ton of detailed pics of the car............will post within the week. My computer is being serviced at the moment. Thanks for your patience.
      What I have here is a 3 owner 1986 GTI 8V that is 90% Original, and is basically almost showroom condition. Unmolested for the most part and is stock/OEM +. The car has been garaged kept all its life in the Central Valley area of NorCal and is in the most pristine shape for a 23 year old VW. The GTI was purchased on February 14th, 1986 as a Valentine's Day present. The only mods that affect the originality of this GTI is the exhaust (Flowmaster w/ square exhaust tip, I believe) and the suspension (Koni Yellow w/ H & R Sport Springs). Other than that it is all original.
      "Alice"........was well taken care of by the first 2 owners. All the service and maintenance were done by Central Valley/Tri-Valley VW in Modesto where the car was purchased from. I have ALL the receipts and records for this car and I also logged every gas fill up and mileage the day I purchased the GTI from the 2nd owner. LOL. That's the OCD in me. As of now the car has a little over 83,681 original miles on the odometer and gets up to 30mpg!!!! The most miles recorded on a full tank was 540 miles.
      Here's a mild MOD list for your interest:
      1. 16V lip...........(still have original)
      2. Brembo Rotors FR/RR...........(still have original)
      3. EBC Green Brake Pads FR/RR............(still have original)
      4. Neuspeed Short Shift Kit & Neuspeed Solid Shift Rod
      5. K&N Air Filter (Drop-In)
      6. Lo-Temp Thermostat
      The one thing I want to point out is the 1st owner took great care of the GTI.........that I still have the original Snowflake wheels (sort of like a champagne, pearlescent color to it) with the original "VOLKSWAGEN" stamped centercaps and ORIGINAL Pirelli P600 tires!!!!!!
      Other NOTABLES about the GTI is the "Hard To Find" grey cloth sport seats with the red stripes (zebra style, no rips or tears.......MINT*MINT*MINT). The trunk containing the spare tire has never been used, as well as, the jack and original emergency flare. The trunk stickers are also in fantastic shape and have not even flaked off and become brittle because the car was garaged 100% of the time. The car blows ***C-O-L-D A/C***!!!!! The 2nd owner purchased this when it had 16,986 original miles. I bought it when it had 73,416 original miles. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] The timing belt was changed on October 7th, 2006 @ 50,328 miles with a OEM VW timing belt. Cam belt tensioner changed @ 53,359 miles. Oil changes were religiously done at 3k miles.
      Lastly, I want to also share with everyone that I also have the Original "Sales Sticker" for the GTI. I know after reading this you're probably asking where are the pics???? Well..........I just got off the phone with my friend and he will post them as soon as he gets a chance. PLEASE DON'T THREAD JACK OR FLAME THIS THREAD BECAUSE I AM JUST SHARING AN AWESOME MINT CONDITION GTI TO "ALL" VW ENTHUSIASTS OUT THERE!!!!!!
      Any comments, please email [email protected]
      ASKING: $8000 (as per forum rules)............don't hate. This GTI is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. Car located in NorCal and for those of you that know me........and seen this car in person>>>>>>I speak the truth.
      Pics will be posted REALLY, REALLY soon. PROMISE.
      ********HOORAY!!!!! Pics are up...........
      ***ATTENTION***ATTENTION***ATTENTION***ATTENTION** *ATTENTION***ATTENTION***ATTENTION***ATTENTION***. ....................

.................the car will be SOLD with 2 SETS of wheels:
      1. Original Snowflakes with Original Pirelli P600 tires from 1986, era correct.
      2. Tear Drops
      Thank you, everyone with all your kind responses and props. It means a lot to know the love given to a CLEAN and almost UNMOLESTED GTI that hasn't been swapped or heavily modified.............like most MK2's.

Modified by 1 can 'rado at 4:19 PM 4-15-2009
      ***ORIGINAL OWNER*** ...............1985 TOYOTA Corolla GT-S, Hatchback, Brilliant Silver, Zenki "Hachi Roku" TRUENO

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      1992 E36 325is
      04-15-2009 02:33 PM #2
      Bump for the cleanest GTI I've seen.
      Some pictures of this beauty.

Sofa King uro

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      C'mon man, you know that criticizing wheel size is the de facto way to show your mettle as an elitist car snob.

4. 04-15-2009 02:42 PM #3
      Thanks, Tomandante.........for the props!!!! And of course, posting the pics. The photos are a year old but I also have recent and updated ones as well.
      Man, I almost forgot to mention......but you all probably figured it out: NO SUN ROOF. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] FTW.

Modified by 1 can 'rado at 11:46 AM 4-15-2009
      ***ORIGINAL OWNER*** ...............1985 TOYOTA Corolla GT-S, Hatchback, Brilliant Silver, Zenki "Hachi Roku" TRUENO

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      disco, new wave, rave era german iron...and a Japanese V8 with a tailgate
      04-15-2009 03:19 PM #4
      i have seen this car in person and the pics don't do justice to how clean this car is. if it were mine, i would never sell it! this is one of the few MkIIs i've seen that i could call "investment quality"
      Quote Originally Posted by spoon! View Post
      I'll go if Paul goes.
      Rod Blagojevich - Team My Little Pony

7. 04-15-2009 03:21 PM #5
      Oh man, I cant believe your going sell this thing. Its probably looks the exact same as it did when it came off the lot.

BUMB for the cleanest MK2 I have EVER seen!

8. 04-15-2009 04:21 PM #6
      Thanks under the radar (Paul)..........and United12 (Ryan)!!!!!! You guys know how much this '86 MK2 GTI means to me and how devoted I was to keeping it in extreme well kept condition. It's just sad to me that I must move on and find a good home for "ALICE". The next owner will not be disappointed and every penny will be worth the purchase. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emgift.gif[/IMG] I can explain more specific details about the car to any SERIOUS parties out there who would like more info about it. Spark my interest yall.............

04-15-2009 04:34 PM #7
      Very nice car. I hope you find a good home for it.
      Chris
      2014 Passat SE, 1.8tsi, 5sp
      2007 GTI 16v, 4 door, 6sp
      2005 20V E-450 motor home
      A2 Golf & A2 Coupe racers

04-15-2009 04:46 PM #8
      very nice i wish my MK2 engine bay was that clean

Vehicles
      91GTI 12v, 87 951 trackcar, some more...
      04-15-2009 05:13 PM #9
      This is by far one of the cleanest mk2's I've ever seen. Like under the radar said, pics don't quite do it justice. It's a blast from the past! Bro, i'm blind from that shine! GL with the sale [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

12. Member
      04-15-2009 05:28 PM #10
      KLEAN! Sucks you are thinking about selling this car Leo. It's a rare to find a MKII that clean now a days. Good luck with the sale of a Beautiful car

Vehicles
      98 GTi VR6 (30k OG miles), 15 Impreza Sport (daily)
      04-15-2009 06:51 PM #11
      WOW
      GL with the sale. Worth every penny!!!
      Money can't buy happiness. However, money can buy horsepower and horsepower makes me happy!!!

Vehicles
      20v mk4
      04-15-2009 09:49 PM #12
      damn, this thing is gorgeous! gl with the sale [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Quote Originally Posted by wilsfox View Post
      it shows that the majority of people dont care about your $2000 wheels.

Vehicles
      2003 Mini Cooper S, 2009 VW CC 3.6 AWD
      04-16-2009 05:41 AM #13
      bump for a great guy and a perfect car

16. 04-16-2009 09:58 AM #14
      bump for a good guy! and a maddddd clean mk2!!!

17. 04-17-2009 04:40 AM #15
      Responded to ALL IM's..........!!!!!! [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Thanks for the compliments everyone. Somebody beat me over the head to prevent me from letting this beautiful example of a MINT stock/oem MK2 go.

Modified by 1 can 'rado at 1:44 AM 4-17-2009

Vehicles
      67 Bug, 12 Golf R, 17 Forester
      04-17-2009 12:40 PM #16

Got pics of the back exterior of the car?

19. 04-17-2009 05:12 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by iThread »

Got pics of the back exterior of the car?

I do......what's your email. Lol.

Modified by 1 can 'rado at 3:48 PM 4-17-2009

Vehicles
      67 Bug, 12 Golf R, 17 Forester
      04-17-2009 05:19 PM #18
      PM sent

04-17-2009 06:20 PM #19
      don't do it.
      Global Time Attack: Every second counts.
      Support your local punk & hardcore scene.
      Quote Originally Posted by woofsburger View Post
      It's reassuring to know that when I finally hit the 98th percentile of US individual income, that I may then buy my dream car - a Toyota Avalon.

22. 04-17-2009 06:38 PM #20
      Quote, originally posted by Pennywise »
      don't do it.

I have a funny feeling I will regret it............but it's for the best. There are things in life where you can't hold on to things for ever, and this one needs to go to someone who will cherish it as much as I have. Now go find me a buyer........Gabe!!!!! [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] LOL.

04-17-2009 06:38 PM #21
      if i had the money....then i'd lowball you. hahaa.
      Global Time Attack: Every second counts.
      Support your local punk & hardcore scene.
      Quote Originally Posted by woofsburger View Post
      It's reassuring to know that when I finally hit the 98th percentile of US individual income, that I may then buy my dream car - a Toyota Avalon.

24. 04-17-2009 06:53 PM #22
      Quote, originally posted by iThread »
      PM sent

Pics sent..........thank you.

Vehicles
      91GTI 12v, 87 951 trackcar, some more...
      04-18-2009 01:38 AM #23
      Bump por yoo! Yo, check your msgs mang! I txted you earlier!

Vehicles
      '01 Jetta 1.8T
      04-18-2009 02:07 AM #24
      good use of the word mint...half the morons around here think their car is mint. Show them this thing. great car bud good luck with the sale.

27. 04-18-2009 04:58 AM #25
      Quote, originally posted by MockOr4nge »
      good use of the word mint...half the morons around here think their car is mint. Show them this thing. great car bud good luck with the sale.

Thanks, jeffrey (mockor4nge)...........for the vote of confidence!!!!! I'm not too worried about anyone giving constructive criticism or what not. I know this car will ABSOLUTELY blow every persons socks off when they see it. Maybe, by this weekend I can post detailed pics of the trunk and interior carpet, door cards, Original Snowflakes, sales sticker, and more engine bay shots. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast