VWVortex.com - 3.2 VR6 OEM+ intake manifold project.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: 3.2 VR6 OEM+ intake manifold project.

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      1988/mk2 golf swapped r32 engine/corrado g60 swapped r32 dsg/
      06-24-2020 06:44 AM #626
      Quote Originally Posted by vw1320 View Post
      My point is complaining about low rpm power to me is like complaining about not enough power at part throttle - it just means you aren't driving the car properly. Downshift and get the rpm's up to where they need to be. Yes a heavy car like an r32 is always going to feel better with more tq down low but they sold MK4 Jetta wagons with 2l 8v motors that were plenty driveable. Its not like putting a short runner on a 3.2 turns it into this dog that is dangerous to drive. The solution is to just use the right gear. Just like the stock intake is a compromise - trading high rpm power for low rpm tq, so are most short runners. I would say I likely make the same tq down low as a completely stock r32 did and vastly more the higher you rev it.

I don't have a build thread but its a pretty basic setup. No I am not on stock cams. Don't really see the point of either stock cams or intake manifold when trying to make power na. I have been tempted to maybe try a stock intake manifold just to see the difference but pretty hard to take that step backwards. I am always trying to make more power not less.

Hopefully I will get out there sooner rather than later and get some new numbers for my sig

according to me, you missed some informations….in first thread, deal was achieve a decent engine bhp without trading torque @low end in all motor, because it could killed drivebability in mk4 plateform with 1580kgs!!!
      today to make power on r32 engine,this is a money & time question: pistons oversized with high CR, headwork, cams with 280deg 12mm lift and you could get 100bhp with oem intake…..there is no interest in this formula without spending a lot of cash money.

Not trading torque and increase top bhp, this is the real and initialised project. alot of people make some decent bhp but….engine couldn't be used in daily

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      All Motor 12v
      06-25-2020 01:51 PM #627
      Quote Originally Posted by 95daffe View Post
      according to me, you missed some informations….in first thread, deal was achieve a decent engine bhp without trading torque @low end in all motor, because it could killed drivebability in mk4 plateform with 1580kgs!!!

You are missing my point. Even with cams and a short runner manifold at no point does my car make less tq than a stock r32. Considering VW/Audi used this motor in countless thousands of cars and deemed it sufficient for something as heavy as a Touareg I think its pretty silly to claim these mods kill driveability. Yes I make less tq down low than one modified to make max tq at low rpm, but I still make the same or more as these cars did from the factory. Even if I didn't I would still make way more than the what 115 ft lbs that the 2l 8v made that VW had no issue putting in who knows how many mk4s - including very heavy Jetta wagons.

Instead of waiting or some unicorn manifold that is never going to appear I have built one of the highest hp all motor 3.2 vr6s that anyone has and I did it with a stock longblock.
      [email protected] World's Quickest Supercharged VR6
      [email protected] First and only All Motor 12v Street Car in the 11' s
      [email protected] Quickest (Only?) All Motor Mk4 - 3.2l of fun

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      All Motor 12v
      06-29-2020 01:50 PM #628
      Quote Originally Posted by 95daffe View Post
      today to make power on r32 engine,this is a money & time question: pistons oversized with high CR, headwork, cams with 280deg 12mm lift and you could get 100bhp with oem intake…..there is no interest in this formula without spending a lot of cash money.

Not trading torque and increase top bhp, this is the real and initialised project. alot of people make some decent bhp but….engine couldn't be used in daily

Engine couldnt be used in daily? Not sure what you mean by that. Because you make 200 ft/lbs of tq instead of 230 at 3300 rpms, that makes it impossible to drive as a daily? Thats like saying a honda is impossible to drive as a daily because it only makes 150 ft lbs of tq TOTAL, and 250 hp.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526