VWVortex.com - Post pics of your last purchase
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2414 of 2421 FirstFirst ... 14141914231423642404241024112412241324142415241624172418 ... LastLast
    Results 60,326 to 60,350 of 60518

    Thread: Post pics of your last purchase

    1. Millennial Pizza Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      22,545
      Vehicles
      North American German crap and German German crap
      05-21-2020 07:10 AM #60326
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Did either of you guys consider the special edition SE-335? It's got 9 mm stainless steel grates instead of 7 but not as flashy with the porcelain top. Costco doesn't carry it for some reason.

      After 14 years, I'm gonna retire the Performer and take advantage of the natural gas pipe in my balcony.
      I did see that one at my local Ace hardware. For me, no. The biggest thing is after using the one I got with the narrower grates, it produces a way more even grilling experience. If those 9mm stainless grates are like the ones on my old Spirit, they're also hollow on the bottom - the grates with 345 are solid. Don't know if that would really make a difference, but the wider grates did promote the food to stick a little more. That's about $150 to upgrade after the fact.

      Edit - looks like they are.



      Funny thing is the 'regular' S-335 stainless model also comes with the 7mm grates. I have a feeling weber had some surplus stock of the older style stainless grates, and that's how the SE model became a thing.

      The special edition doesn't come with iGrill. To add it in after the fact (and have four probes) would cost you $150 if you decided to add it afterward

      The special edition also doesn't come with the cover. That's another $90

      Also - the one thing the Costco-only model doesn't have is the motion-activated handle light. You can add that for 30 bucks after the fact if you wanted it. Can't add in the lighted knobs afterward. (Well, at least not easily)

      However, none of that solves the fact that you want to use natural gas. If you still want NG right now, then it's still a good deal. I also have the urge to convert over myself - but after eyeing this one for so long, I'm glad I just went through. Down the line i may still convert it.
      Last edited by Pizza Cat; 05-21-2020 at 07:32 AM.
      SS registry owner-emeritus

      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member davewg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2001
      Location
      NJ near Philly - for the steaks!
      Posts
      4,856
      Vehicles
      FJ Audi A5
      05-21-2020 09:01 AM #60327
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      My wife changed jobs.

      She's doing home health for the hospital now. So she'll be driving between 50-100 miles per day. The lease on the Q7 is for 7,500 miles annually.

      Greg and I were chatting and he said he was thinking about giving it to Carmax, and I said "Noooo!!!! Give it to meeeee. Meeeeeeeeeee!!!" and so he said "okay". This was before we knew my wife was switching jobs, but the timing worked out perfectly.
      Good deal on all fronts.

      She's away from bitch woman at the old job, and you don't blow the lease miles (overages charges suck....).

      How's she feel about the bargain bin ride over the Audi?
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

    4. Millennial Pizza Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      22,545
      Vehicles
      North American German crap and German German crap
      05-21-2020 09:23 AM #60328
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      How's she feel about the bargain bin ride over the Audi?

      SS registry owner-emeritus

      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    5. Member robr2's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2005
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      8,736
      Vehicles
      2015 Passat "Limited Edition"
      05-21-2020 10:45 AM #60329
      Quote Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
      Last year I was working on a project with semi toxic fumes. I went overkill and bought a small box of the N95s with the exhale valve. Those things are so much more comfortable to wear.

      It pains me to think that I just threw it away after only 10 minutes, and gave the other 2 away to a friend who was staining his fence.

      I hope that people bring those valves to standard masks soon. I see some Asian people here with them already, but I think they must have imported them.
      The masks with the valves don't work as intended in this case. The reasoning for wearing masks right now is to keep you from passing anything on to someone else. The valves allows for your breath to escape the mask.

    6. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      15,407
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-21-2020 11:32 AM #60330
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      How's she feel about the bargain bin ride over the Audi?
      She wanted a second generation Escape or a CR-V/Pilot of the same era.

      She picked the CR-V.

      In fact, she had no idea how much it cost, I sent her a picture of it and she said "YES!!".
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

    7. Member DasCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2009
      Location
      West Coast
      Posts
      9,017
      Vehicles
      '19 IGM e-Golf SEL-P | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL-P
      05-21-2020 11:38 AM #60331
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat View Post
      I did see that one at my local Ace hardware. For me, no. The biggest thing is after using the one I got with the narrower grates, it produces a way more even grilling experience. If those 9mm stainless grates are like the ones on my old Spirit, they're also hollow on the bottom - the grates with 345 are solid. Don't know if that would really make a difference, but the wider grates did promote the food to stick a little more. That's about $150 to upgrade after the fact.

      Edit - looks like they are.


      Funny thing is the 'regular' S-335 stainless model also comes with the 7mm grates. I have a feeling weber had some surplus stock of the older style stainless grates, and that's how the SE model became a thing.

      The special edition doesn't come with iGrill. To add it in after the fact (and have four probes) would cost you $150 if you decided to add it afterward

      The special edition also doesn't come with the cover. That's another $90

      Also - the one thing the Costco-only model doesn't have is the motion-activated handle light. You can add that for 30 bucks after the fact if you wanted it. Can't add in the lighted knobs afterward. (Well, at least not easily)

      However, none of that solves the fact that you want to use natural gas. If you still want NG right now, then it's still a good deal. I also have the urge to convert over myself - but after eyeing this one for so long, I'm glad I just went through. Down the line i may still convert it.
      I'm a fan of the beefier SS grates. I picked up a set for cheap during the Orchard Supply going out of business sale. Gives you a bit more surface area for more charring plus thin cuts of meat or vegetables are less likely to slip through the grates.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2009
      Location
      NOVA
      Posts
      4,273
      Vehicles
      19 Alfa Giulia TI, 12 CC R line, 61 Merc. 220b
      05-21-2020 12:00 PM #60332
      been a while since I updated this.... i had a calm March and April month spend wise, so naturally that means that I had to make up for it and go a bunch of ish for month of May.

      Started small, got a 14 inch WSM for some pulled pork and small ribs.







      then daughters birthday coming up, so naturally had to redo some things in the back yard. Cant see it, but we added flowers, power washed the stones (i thought they were goners tbh) , cleared out weeds, changed the wooden walls, removed three tree stumps, added lights, cement between stones because it had about an inch deep crevice that stored dirt and therefore weeds kept growing. I also acid washed the stones and pressure washed the bottom deck.





      I took a day to admire everything, and then decided to get an early bday gift. Also posted in a thread in TCL







      whats next? Wife wants a vacation but I want to redo the deck boards up top because they are breaking and nails be poppin up.

    9. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2006
      Location
      Somewhere North of Lyon Mountain.
      Posts
      23,610
      Vehicles
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      05-21-2020 03:36 PM #60333
      Quote Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
      The masks with the valves don't work as intended in this case. The reasoning for wearing masks right now is to keep you from passing anything on to someone else. The valves allows for your breath to escape the mask.
      He's a spammer BTW.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

    10. Millennial Pizza Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      22,545
      Vehicles
      North American German crap and German German crap
      05-21-2020 03:41 PM #60334
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1988 View Post
      I took a day to admire everything, and then decided to get an early bday gift.
      My man
      SS registry owner-emeritus

      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    11. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      39,042
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      05-21-2020 04:10 PM #60335
      Dell was running Memorial Day sales on their gaming laptops so I picked up a Alienware m17 R1 for $1500.

      9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (6-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.5Ghz w/Turbo Boost)
      GTX 2060 w/ 6GB
      16GB DDR4
      1TB m2 SSD

      iain

    12. Member HI SPEED's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2004
      Location
      Honolulu
      Posts
      6,200
      05-21-2020 04:40 PM #60336
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1988 View Post
      been a while since I updated this.... i had a calm March and April month spend wise, so naturally that means that I had to make up for it and go a bunch of ish for month of May.







      .
      Very nice.

      What trim is that?

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2009
      Location
      NOVA
      Posts
      4,273
      Vehicles
      19 Alfa Giulia TI, 12 CC R line, 61 Merc. 220b
      05-21-2020 05:43 PM #60337
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      Very nice.

      What trim is that?
      Thanks! its the TI Sport Nero Edizione RWD.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2006
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,239
      05-21-2020 11:27 PM #60338
      http://critterquitter.com/

      Three of these. So damn happy and surprised someone came up with what seems like an awesome solution. Gosh dang tree rats!
      Last edited by LinkATX; 05-21-2020 at 11:32 PM.
      Hook'em Horns

    15. Senior Member flygliii's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 29th, 2006
      Location
      SF Bay
      Posts
      20,172
      Vehicles
      B7 TDI
      05-22-2020 05:05 AM #60339
      Quote Originally Posted by LinkATX View Post
      http://critterquitter.com/

      Three of these. So damn happy and surprised someone came up with what seems like an awesome solution. Gosh dang tree rats!
      Snakes in the toilet. Yeah, I'd buy 4 of those things and we don't even have that issue...
      Gone and missed: '03 Mk4 1.8T 5M GL wagon, '01 B5 V6 GLX wagon, '96 FZJ80, '89 16v GLI, '84 Scirocco, '81 Scirocco S, '80 HiLux 4x4, '77 Kawi Enduro, '74 sparkling green Schwinn Stingray.

    16. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      39,042
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      05-22-2020 10:41 AM #60340
      Quote Originally Posted by flygliii View Post
      Snakes in the toilet. Yeah, I'd buy 4 of those things and we don't even have that issue...
      That’s one of my worst nightmares.
      iain

    17. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      15,407
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-22-2020 10:55 AM #60341
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      That’s one of my worst nightmares.
      What about the motherf*ckin snakes in the motherf*ckin toilet of the motherf*ckin plane?


      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

    18. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      39,042
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      05-22-2020 01:20 PM #60342
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      What about the motherf*ckin snakes in the motherf*ckin toilet of the motherf*ckin plane?


      iain

    19. 05-22-2020 01:36 PM #60343
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      What about the motherf*ckin snakes in the motherf*ckin toilet of the motherf*ckin plane?


      They're just having a comparison contest.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

    20. Member 10001110101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2007
      Location
      Overland Park, KS
      Posts
      706
      Vehicles
      2014 polluter, B6 Lux Wagon, 2011 Suburban
      05-22-2020 02:24 PM #60344
      Hopefully these take the pain out of loading the car onto the trailer. Still worried about control arm clearance.
      -Joel
      @rabidheeb on Instagram

    21. Millennial Pizza Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      22,545
      Vehicles
      North American German crap and German German crap
      05-22-2020 06:20 PM #60345
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      And the probes! Don't forget to mention the probes. Probe all the meats, assuming there are 4 or fewer.
      Finally got over to the butcher to christen the grill properly. Did not disappoint.

      SS registry owner-emeritus

      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    22. Member vwbrvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2002
      Location
      Boca Raton, FL
      Posts
      4,604
      Vehicles
      '11 GTI, 2018 Passat SE
      05-22-2020 08:35 PM #60346
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat View Post
      Finally got over to the butcher to christen the grill properly. Did not disappoint.

      Thats perfection right there.
      It go down in the DM

    23. Member westsideseal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2002
      Location
      The Bay
      Posts
      5,674
      05-22-2020 08:37 PM #60347
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat View Post
      Finally got over to the butcher to christen the grill properly. Did not disappoint.

      Those grill marks.
      Last edited by westsideseal; 05-22-2020 at 08:41 PM.

    24. Millennial Pizza Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      22,545
      Vehicles
      North American German crap and German German crap
      05-22-2020 09:17 PM #60348
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Those grill marks.
      All about dat presentation.
      SS registry owner-emeritus

      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2006
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      1,239
      05-23-2020 10:06 AM #60349
      Quote Originally Posted by flygliii View Post
      Snakes in the toilet. Yeah, I'd buy 4 of those things and we don't even have that issue...
      That’s a terrifying thought. Not an issue here although I suppose a rat snake could do that. I got them because squirrels damaged my plumbing vents. Those things just slip over the vent instead of having to pull the shingles to replace.
      Hook'em Horns

    26. Member n0rdicalex.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      15,846
      Vehicles
      S4, R32
      05-23-2020 12:03 PM #60350
      Quote Originally Posted by LinkATX View Post
      That’s a terrifying thought. Not an issue here although I suppose a rat snake could do that. I got them because squirrels damaged my plumbing vents. Those things just slip over the vent instead of having to pull the shingles to replace.
      it wasn't a snake, but while working in the basement I heard scratching in the plumbing in the ceiling. the cat even woke up and stared. I went upstairs and flushed the toilet and ran the shower and it was gone, but can't help but think it was a crawdad or rat (midwest).
      welcome to the layer cake

    Page 2414 of 2421 FirstFirst ... 14141914231423642404241024112412241324142415241624172418 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vwvortex.com is generated by its users. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.