VWVortex.com - repairing a replica rolex. is it possible?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: repairing a replica rolex. is it possible?

12-14-2012 08:35 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Very few people buy anything to last 30-50 years. .
      That's the damn problem!!

For me, it's about performance, so that's why I didn't get the "art" comparison.
      I would compare replica watches to kit cars. Granted, some can be nice, but most are just a watered down version of the copy.

I do have an issues with posers though. Why not just buy a used version, or a different brand that you can afford. Obviously this is not a question I can answer for others...
      x

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2015 Golf Highline
      04-08-2014 04:27 AM #52
      What's with this practice (in the posts above) of calling counterfeit merchandise 'replicas' or 'reps'?

If I go out and get myself some $100 dollar bills that were made overseas, rather than by the US Treasury, and I call them 'replica' bills, does that mean I won't have to go to jail for possession of counterfeit money?

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      04-15-2014 07:34 PM #53
      Michael,

You bumped a 1.5 y/o thread for that?
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      I went to a karaoke night with a mixed-age group earlier this week and sang "Little Red Corvette" when it was my turn. Half the group had never heard of Prince.

5. 06-02-2014 04:17 PM #54
      I am in N.C. bought a replica Rolex The second hand will move when you tap on the watch the minute hand moves around ok I think second hand could be blocking hour hand from moving properly can you recommend some one to repair this watch?

6. Member
      07-22-2014 09:47 PM #55
      Repairing a fake.

The Poortex lives to it's reputation.

7. Member
      07-22-2014 09:50 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by bobbuck View Post
      I am in N.C. bought a replica Rolex The second hand will move when you tap on the watch the minute hand moves around ok I think second hand could be blocking hour hand from moving properly can you recommend some one to repair this watch?
      Best place for it....

8. 04-17-2019 04:25 PM #57
      I came across this thread from several years ago where you were discussing repair of a replica Rolex. I find myself in a situation with a very nice replica Sea Dweller that I picked up in Shanghai a few months ago and would like to get the works repaired or replaced. You mentioned you knew of some places that perform these services? I have looked and am unable to discover any options. If you get this and are so inclined please send me the contact information for someone to service this watch. I would be greatly appreciative.
      Sincerely
      Greg

9. Member
      08-30-2020 05:06 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by ES335td View Post
      I came across this thread from several years ago where you were discussing repair of a replica Rolex. I find myself in a situation with a very nice replica Sea Dweller that I picked up in Shanghai a few months ago and would like to get the works repaired or replaced. You mentioned you knew of some places that perform these services? I have looked and am unable to discover any options. If you get this and are so inclined please send me the contact information for someone to service this watch. I would be greatly appreciative.
      Sincerely
      Greg

Open it up and send me a photo of the movement and I can help you figure out what it is. Odds are it'll be cheaper to replace the movement than service it. If it's a super cheap rep it'll probably have a DG2813, which cost $20. If you're lucky it has a Seiko NH35 which is about $40. Once you know what the movement is, order it on eBay and call local jewelers/watch shops and see who is willing to replace it. Some may not want to work on reps but I think most don't care.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123