VWVortex.com - What Did You Do To Your Bicycle Today Thread.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
    Results 1,676 to 1,687 of 1687

Thread: What Did You Do To Your Bicycle Today Thread.

1. Senior Member
      03-01-2019 12:10 PM #1676
      Quote Originally Posted by OttaCee View Post
      Wife will be running two bottles for her first race. That rear cage holds two bottles. She's moving the tools to the lower cage on the frame.
      I've lost bottles mounted behind the seat on the road, I'd be careful with both hydration bottles mounted there on a gravel bike actually riding off road if that is the plan/race. They are also hard to take in and out if you have cages that will actually hold them securely. I actually try to spend time practicing the swap before each of my races.

Suggestion would be secure tools in one seat cage with a very strong rubber band. Have second bottle there as well secured but maybe more easily removed so she doesn't have to stop to get it out. I'm not sure I would trust those cages to my nutrition/hydration but if bottle is tied down they should be fine.

Love the bike, the satin black is awesome.

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI 4dr DSG, 02 4Runner SR5 4x4
      03-01-2019 04:20 PM #1677
      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      I've lost bottles mounted behind the seat on the road, I'd be careful with both hydration bottles mounted there on a gravel bike actually riding off road if that is the plan/race. They are also hard to take in and out if you have cages that will actually hold them securely. I actually try to spend time practicing the swap before each of my races.

Suggestion would be secure tools in one seat cage with a very strong rubber band. Have second bottle there as well secured but maybe more easily removed so she doesn't have to stop to get it out. I'm not sure I would trust those cages to my nutrition/hydration but if bottle is tied down they should be fine.

Love the bike, the satin black is awesome.
      Thank you for the input - Since she's so new to riding maybe move them down to the frame. Get the tools in a saddle mount strap.
      12 GTI 4dr DSG - APR
      02 4Runner SR5

4. Senior Member
      03-01-2019 04:57 PM #1678
      Quote Originally Posted by OttaCee View Post
      Thank you for the input - Since she's so new to riding maybe move them down to the frame. Get the tools in a saddle mount strap.
      It took a lot of time to get the GF to be comfortable drinking without stopping and that was normal frame mounts, so yeah if she is new too it probably makes the most sense and I know how you probably feel with getting her comfortable with it. Once she got used to at least drinking she still wasn't great with swapping between a finished bottle and full bottle to the downtube cage. So we had her start a race with a cheap throw a way bottle on the downtube, when done she just chucks it at an aid station and next time she needs a drink takes the seat tube one, but then puts it back on the downtube. Hand ups.. she makes me stand in a parking lot and hand her bottles as she rides around in circles for 30 minutes leading up to every race

5. 03-01-2019 06:42 PM #1679
      Got the brakes upgraded from the stock junk that was on there to some SRAM Guide brakes front and rear, put some bar tape on the Jones bars, new Thomson stem, and a front rack from Surly (8 Pack rack). She's coming along. I let a friends daughter pick the orange bar tape out

Surly Wednesday by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Vehicles
      03-02-2019 04:08 PM #1680
      Surly Wednesday by Geoff Potter, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

Thinking, that looks like Sebago on the Standish side? Dont see my house but some of the places look familiar
      12 GTI 4dr DSG - APR
      02 4Runner SR5

Vehicles
      MTA Metro Card, Zipcar
      03-03-2019 11:09 PM #1681
      I actually washed my bike after riding in slush and salt, rather than letting it crust over and wreck my drive train.

Vehicles
      2017 Passat SE
      03-03-2019 11:18 PM #1682
      New kicks! Bora 35s! Now if the weather would cooperate...
      --Pete--

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 BMW 328it
      03-04-2019 09:08 AM #1683
      Quote Originally Posted by teutonicgoodness View Post
      I actually washed my bike after riding in slush and salt, rather than letting it crust over and wreck my drive train.
      Better man than me. All of my bikes are ****ing disgusting right now due to the weather and I don't want my spigot to freeze over in the cold temps that are coming this week.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI
      03-04-2019 09:25 AM #1684
      Quote Originally Posted by mrothwell View Post
      Better man than me. All of my bikes are ****ing disgusting right now due to the weather and I don't want my spigot to freeze over in the cold temps that are coming this week.
      To be fair, his bike is brand new. I'm so tired of having to wash my bike. Literally every week it needs it. This week I need to pull the crank on the bmc and grease everything. There's so much sand and grit on the roads: it's just crushing my drive train. On the plus side, I got a new stand a few months ago and it makes it a lot easier

Vehicles
      1985 Golf GL with a 2.0l 16v, 1990 Corrado G60, 2005 Audi A4 Quattro Avant, 2011 Jetta SE
      03-13-2019 08:24 PM #1685
      So I finished my most recent build -Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL2 and rode my first full century using it. The bike is comfortable on long rides, climbs great, and feels fast on the flats.

Now on to another build project. This one is an old school Stumpjumper FSR. One of my favorite frame sets. It's a scant 5.1 lbs without the rear shock. Going to see if I can build a legit ~25lbs cross country bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      1985 MKII Golf GL with 2.0l 16v
      1990 Corrado G60 TEC 2RS
      2011 MKVI Jetta SE
      corradog60project.blogspot.com
      mkiigolfproject.blogspot.com

Vehicles
      03-15-2019 10:48 AM #1686
      As posted in the Good Deal thread, picked up TWO pairs of DT Swiss rims for $600+shipping. These have the DT350 hubs that just bombproof and heard great things about these XM level rims. Not suprised, they only come with a 18 tooth ratchet, so time to pick up the 36T or 54T ratchet kit (for $100? c'mon!)

Excited to run the 27.5+ wheelset on the Niner, during non-race season

12 GTI 4dr DSG - APR
      02 4Runner SR5

Vehicles
      Bought not built.
      03-18-2019 08:51 PM #1687
      ^ That's one heck of a deal! Nice find.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      Signature.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768