VWVortex.com - The Official Wagon (Avant, Touring, Estate, Variant, Grocery Shopper) thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast
    Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2075

    Thread: The Official Wagon (Avant, Touring, Estate, Variant, Grocery Shopper) thread

    1. Senior Member bzcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2001
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      23,898
      08-09-2019 02:29 PM #2026
      Quote Originally Posted by geofftii2002 View Post
      Troublemaker!

      I found this and thank God its out of my current price range, at least until after we buy a house.

      https://www.mbmanhattan.com/inventor...hh8jb6gb329803

      Quote Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
      LOL! I was admiring the very same car online today. I admit, I'd probably go F31 or A4 allroad (I can utilize the smaller dimensions) instead, but damn - the E350 looks great in red.

      Tom
      Jokes on you two... the car appears to have been sold. The link is dead which means the car was taken out of inventory

      But that is a nice color!

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member geofftii2002's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2001
      Location
      Saint Looouueeee.
      Posts
      14,835
      Vehicles
      2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 2018 Outback, 1972 BMW 2002tii, 93 W124 gone to the glue factory
      08-09-2019 06:01 PM #2027
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Jokes on you two... the car appears to have been sold. The link is dead which means the car was taken out of inventory

      But that is a nice color!

      Yeah, I'm probably better off.
      I spend my days in a 70,000 sq ft wonderland www.hymanltd.com

    4. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 20th, 2002
      Location
      northwest corner, WA
      Posts
      40,628
      Vehicles
      diesels, and an mg
      08-09-2019 06:09 PM #2028
      Quote Originally Posted by geofftii2002 View Post
      Yeah, I'm probably better off.
      really lovely cars. and an actual color, with a non-beige interior. perfect

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 7th, 2016
      Posts
      1,608
      Vehicles
      ‘77 Ford Bronco ‘85 Toyota 4x4 ‘87 930 ‘07 BMW e91 ‘08 Xterra
      08-09-2019 07:40 PM #2029
      Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      really lovely cars. and an actual color, with a non-beige interior. perfect
      It is nice that it isn’t some shade of gray but I never liked red on a Benz. My neighbor has a red W124 estate that he bought from Phoenix specifically because it was red. It was faded with failed clear coat so he had it repainted and unfortunately it is still red.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      2,752
      Vehicles
      B6 S4 Avant
      08-12-2019 11:05 AM #2030
      It's too far for me to go look at or to seriously consider bringing back to MN, but this is a really good deal on a 2008 4motion VR6 Passat wagon with the sport package (unfortunately one of the later builds omitting the fantastic Dynaudio) with crazy low miles.

      https://www.nicecarsoflongisland.com...X1QrmRrWMoc%3d

      I don't suppose anyone is in the area that could take a look at the car?

    7. Member geofftii2002's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2001
      Location
      Saint Looouueeee.
      Posts
      14,835
      Vehicles
      2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 2018 Outback, 1972 BMW 2002tii, 93 W124 gone to the glue factory
      08-12-2019 11:29 AM #2031
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      It's too far for me to go look at or to seriously consider bringing back to MN, but this is a really good deal on a 2008 4motion VR6 Passat wagon with the sport package (unfortunately one of the later builds omitting the fantastic Dynaudio) with crazy low miles.

      https://www.nicecarsoflongisland.com...X1QrmRrWMoc%3d

      I don't suppose anyone is in the area that could take a look at the car?
      Why do people take pictures of cars with their garbage all over the place? I suppose it wouldn't be Long Island without some Dunkin Donuts trash in the way.

      But it does look like a pretty nice car otherwise.
      I spend my days in a 70,000 sq ft wonderland www.hymanltd.com

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      2,752
      Vehicles
      B6 S4 Avant
      08-12-2019 11:54 AM #2032
      Quote Originally Posted by geofftii2002 View Post
      Why do people take pictures of cars with their garbage all over the place?
      Probably why they've had to drop the price down to $8k

    9. Member sg207ptg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2000
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      3,722
      Vehicles
      E90 335d || A4 2.0T Avant || Passat 3.6L 4Motion Wagon || E36 M3 || E30 325is
      08-12-2019 02:56 PM #2033
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      It's too far for me to go look at or to seriously consider bringing back to MN, but this is a really good deal on a 2008 4motion VR6 Passat wagon with the sport package (unfortunately one of the later builds omitting the fantastic Dynaudio) with crazy low miles.

      https://www.nicecarsoflongisland.com...X1QrmRrWMoc%3d

      I don't suppose anyone is in the area that could take a look at the car?
      1/2 of the mileage of mine. Nearly identical but without Nav (useless anyway). Just do it. You will be able to go lower than listing price!

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      2,752
      Vehicles
      B6 S4 Avant
      08-12-2019 04:23 PM #2034
      Quote Originally Posted by sg207ptg View Post
      1/2 of the mileage of mine. Nearly identical but without Nav (useless anyway). Just do it. You will be able to go lower than listing price!
      hmm. does anyone have experience with LemonSquad independent inspections?

    11. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2008
      Location
      44.5 North, 88 West
      Posts
      37,352
      Vehicles
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      08-12-2019 08:54 PM #2035
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      hmm. does anyone have experience with LemonSquad independent inspections?
      Bad news Matt, car says sold now.

      a couple recent rare Legacy sightings, first is a 2006 3.0R (non LL Bean). not sure how rare this is but they are fairly uncommon compared to 2009 3.0Rs which are kind of rare themselves.



      and a 2005 Legacy GT (non Limited wagon w/sunroof) in 5MT, 1 of 131

      Last edited by patrikman; 08-12-2019 at 09:03 PM.
      this signature kills fascists.

      Support Your Local Homebrewery

    12. Member dubjager's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2004
      Location
      Atlanta
      Posts
      3,859
      Vehicles
      1991 911, 2014 SQ5, 2016 allroad
      08-13-2019 09:17 AM #2036
      Quote Originally Posted by DG7Projects View Post
      I am getting a 3.0 S4 conversion done as I type this. ETA is 6-8 weeks.

      Saw your post on AZ...
      Wondering if you don't mind sharing, of course, how much that is costing you?
      It sounds crazy, but I recently changed my B8.5 allroad's steering wheel to the one out of the S4 and as a result of the flappy paddles, I've fixed my biggest gripe with the car, which was that the transmission never knew where it needed to be (IMO).

      Love the 3.0t engine... that in a wagon is a dream!

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      2,752
      Vehicles
      B6 S4 Avant
      08-13-2019 11:00 AM #2037
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Bad news Matt, car says sold now.
      For the sake of my wife's sanity during our kitchen remodel, that's great news.

    14. Member n0rdicalex.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      15,236
      Vehicles
      S4, A4, R32
      08-13-2019 11:28 AM #2038
      any Golf Alltrack owners?

      girlfriend has a 2013 Outback nearing 100k miles and she's mentioned the Alltrack as a potential replacement. CPO Alltrack's seem like nice price, but would want to make sure she gets the lighting package. any folks here have the Alltrack that can speak about fuel economy and general ownership? she commutes ~110 miles a day and we have a 4-5 month old labrador for reference.

      for what it's worth, I've always had VAG products so I'm familiar with their service and maintenance requirements. I'm less confident in an Outback with CVT transmission >100k reliability, but that's basically due to lack of experience.
      welcome to the layer cake

    15. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2008
      Location
      44.5 North, 88 West
      Posts
      37,352
      Vehicles
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      08-13-2019 11:32 AM #2039
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      For the sake of my wife's sanity during our kitchen remodel, that's great news.
      this signature kills fascists.

      Support Your Local Homebrewery

    16. Member GoVdubSPEEDGo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2006
      Location
      Pittsburgh
      Posts
      11,090
      Vehicles
      '08 R32 '10 E91
      08-13-2019 12:24 PM #2040
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      any Golf Alltrack owners?

      girlfriend has a 2013 Outback nearing 100k miles and she's mentioned the Alltrack as a potential replacement. CPO Alltrack's seem like nice price, but would want to make sure she gets the lighting package. any folks here have the Alltrack that can speak about fuel economy and general ownership? she commutes ~110 miles a day and we have a 4-5 month old labrador for reference.

      for what it's worth, I've always had VAG products so I'm familiar with their service and maintenance requirements. I'm less confident in an Outback with CVT transmission >100k reliability, but that's basically due to lack of experience.
      find one without a sunroof, apparently they all leak


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.
      SHIFT

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2017
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      73
      Vehicles
      2018 Alltrack 6mt & 2016 Golf 5mt
      08-13-2019 12:47 PM #2041
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      any Golf Alltrack owners?

      girlfriend has a 2013 Outback nearing 100k miles and she's mentioned the Alltrack as a potential replacement. CPO Alltrack's seem like nice price, but would want to make sure she gets the lighting package. any folks here have the Alltrack that can speak about fuel economy and general ownership? she commutes ~110 miles a day and we have a 4-5 month old labrador for reference.

      for what it's worth, I've always had VAG products so I'm familiar with their service and maintenance requirements. I'm less confident in an Outback with CVT transmission >100k reliability, but that's basically due to lack of experience.
      2018 alltrack s here.
      Just roadtripped from Minneapolis to Chicago and on board computer said I averaged around 37 mpg. I will hand calculate that when I fill up later. I have a 70 mile work commute every day and I have been pretty impressed with that fuel economy too. Im getting about 460-480 miles per tank. I love the car, but as others have said, sunroofs are hit or miss with leaks.

    18. Member sicklyscott's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 24th, 2002
      Location
      Metuchen, NJ
      Posts
      3,990
      Vehicles
      2018 Tesla P3D, 2012 S60, 1991 Miata, 2007 RX-8 LFX, 1965 Cutlass
      08-13-2019 01:39 PM #2042
      May have posted before but, I ran across one of these locally and realized how much I liked my LGT. Unfortunately I've heard mine was quite bastardized after it passed through a few hands. I'll never forget, I was driving through Chinatown in NYC and I got stopped at a light. I realized I needed to cut over 3 lanes to make it to the entrance of the tunnel. Light turned green, I dropped the clutch at 4k rpms and away I went! That car was awesome. My biggest gripe were the seats, It wasn't really meant for a long legged person, there was almost no thigh support.

      https://live.staticflickr.com/3445/3402180773_abbd6d46a9_b.jpg[/img]



      Full force wallet weight reduction, my Miata build:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...build-journal)

    19. Member n0rdicalex.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      15,236
      Vehicles
      S4, A4, R32
      08-13-2019 02:52 PM #2043
      Quote Originally Posted by GoVdubSPEEDGo View Post
      find one without a sunroof, apparently they all leak
      thought they all came with the pano roof?

      I would also prefer one without to avoid future problems, but depends on what she wants/likes.
      welcome to the layer cake

    20. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2008
      Location
      44.5 North, 88 West
      Posts
      37,352
      Vehicles
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      08-13-2019 03:06 PM #2044
      Quote Originally Posted by sicklyscott View Post
      May have posted before but, I ran across one of these locally and realized how much I liked my LGT. Unfortunately I've heard mine was quite bastardized after it passed through a few hands. I'll never forget, I was driving through Chinatown in NYC and I got stopped at a light. I realized I needed to cut over 3 lanes to make it to the entrance of the tunnel. Light turned green, I dropped the clutch at 4k rpms and away I went! That car was awesome. My biggest gripe were the seats, It wasn't really meant for a long legged person, there was almost no thigh support.

      https://live.staticflickr.com/3445/3402180773_abbd6d46a9_b.jpg[/img]



      That gen Legacy has crap seats, but LGT seats were much better than Outback 3.0R seats. Even XTs had sportier seats, mine feel like they belong in a Camry. A friend had a first year Spec B with the brick red leather, those were great seats.
      this signature kills fascists.

      Support Your Local Homebrewery

    21. Member sicklyscott's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 24th, 2002
      Location
      Metuchen, NJ
      Posts
      3,990
      Vehicles
      2018 Tesla P3D, 2012 S60, 1991 Miata, 2007 RX-8 LFX, 1965 Cutlass
      08-13-2019 03:59 PM #2045
      May have posted before but, I ran across one of these locally and realized how much I liked my LGT. Unfortunately I've heard mine was quite bastardized after it passed through a few hands. I'll never forget, I was driving through Chinatown in NYC and I got stopped at a light. I realized I needed to cut over 3 lanes to make it to the entrance of the tunnel. Light turned green, I dropped the clutch at 4k rpms and away I went! That car was awesome. My biggest gripe were the seats, It wasn't really meant for a long legged person, there was almost no thigh support.

      https://live.staticflickr.com/3445/3402180773_abbd6d46a9_b.jpg[/img]



      Full force wallet weight reduction, my Miata build:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...build-journal)

    22. Member toneman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 1999
      Location
      NorCal
      Posts
      1,926
      08-13-2019 07:39 PM #2046
      old thread but hell i have still have my 2011 TDI


    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2018
      Posts
      28
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf GTI + 2018 Golf AllTrack
      08-13-2019 09:02 PM #2047
      Quote Originally Posted by dholter09 View Post
      2018 alltrack s here.
      Just roadtripped from Minneapolis to Chicago and on board computer said I averaged around 37 mpg. I will hand calculate that when I fill up later. I have a 70 mile work commute every day and I have been pretty impressed with that fuel economy too. Im getting about 460-480 miles per tank. I love the car, but as others have said, sunroofs are hit or miss with leaks.
      I have a 2018 AllTrack SEL (w/ a pano-roof that hasn't leaked, btw). Can't say that I've been super-impressed with the mpg on ours, but love it otherwise. I mostly drive it in the city, but on a recent trip to Chicago from Saint Louis, it hovered around 27 on the mfd. That was at around 75 mph, as much as possible. Might be much better at a slightly lower speed.

    24. Member westopher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2013
      Location
      North Vancouver
      Posts
      1,480
      Vehicles
      98 M3, 2000 323it
      08-14-2019 12:51 AM #2048
      My humble dogmobile.
      Untitled by Chris West, on Flickr
      98 m3, Technoviolet/anthrazit cloth, 106k and officially worthless.
      2000 323i touring, Titanium silver/grey, 160k and officially boring

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2017
      Location
      Nuevo México
      Posts
      324
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat 6-speed; 2017 Tiguan 4-Motion; 1981 Vanagon
      08-14-2019 06:25 AM #2049
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      thought they all came with the pano roof?

      I would also prefer one without to avoid future problems, but depends on what she wants/likes.
      I think SE and SEL models have the panoramic roof. The S model Alltracks normally came with a solid roof (no sunroof).
      Alpinweiß 2
      2008 Passat 6-speed manual
      2017 Tiguan 4-Motion
      1981 Vanagon
      formerly Alpinweiss (Alpinweiß)

    26. Senior Member UncleJB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2002
      Location
      NH Lakes Region
      Posts
      21,608
      Vehicles
      15 GSW, 15 Passat Sport, 03 20th, 88 Cabby, 64 Yamaha
      08-14-2019 06:55 AM #2050
      Quote Originally Posted by Alpinweiss2 View Post
      I think SE and SEL models have the panoramic roof. The S model Alltracks normally came with a solid roof (no sunroof).
      Correct

    Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •