Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: School me on the 07 Accord EX-L, 6-Speed

1. 11-24-2016 04:54 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by matty_peppers View Post
      A lady friend of mine has one with the automatic. I've driven it a fair amount of time, mostly highway, and its not a bad little drive. Plenty of power around town and most enough to comfortably pass those terrible New Jersey drivers I have to deal with every time I'm down there. For a young female, it's held up spectacularly (though she doesn't abuse cars like most 20-something year old females), and isn't bad looking either.
      #creepyaccordstory

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 11-26-2016 12:18 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Yup, ours had this. You could really hear it on the 1-2 shift.
      Hmm mine does not make it on the one-two shift. It's in slow speed maneuvers that I hear clunking noises. Also recently my tires have been squealing on the simplest of turns and I've had more wheel hop than usual.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel!
      It really is the perfect, no excuses all-rounder for the rich guy who's accustomed to having it all - the Hybrid version especially. It's like an F-150 Raptor banged an M5 in the men's room of a biker bar. Nobody really wanted the results, but damn - what a set of genes.

Vehicles
      '17 Golf R DSG, '12 Crosstour V6 AWD nav, '09 Civic Si 4d nav
      11-26-2016 07:08 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by maskedSONY View Post
      Hmm mine does not make it on the one-two shift. It's in slow speed maneuvers that I hear clunking noises. Also recently my tires have been squealing on the simplest of turns and I've had more wheel hop than usual.
      Definitely heard the clunking/lurching noises at low speeds.
      Past: '06 Accord V6, '95 Taurus SHO, '01 ITR, '98 Civic HX CVT

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican1
      Dude, you know you're like the opposite of a purist, right?

Vehicles
      Six Speed Earth Dreamer
      11-26-2016 10:08 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by maskedSONY View Post
      I've spent a few thousand on rebuilding suspension.
      Most recently the bill was $1,500 which actually included redoing the rear tracking and getting the steering wheel remounted.
      No clunking, no noises and it drives very nicely.
      Had I known three years ago that I'd spend more than the used purchase price on repairs and parts I'd of left that car in a ditch.
      I'm not happy to say that, I genuinely do enjoy the car.
      Went from an older American car that cost me a couple hundred a year (American cars are junk though right?) to a Honda Accord that's cost me thousands.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      07 Accord EX-L (6-6 sedan)
      10-31-2017 09:39 PM #80
      6 Year Update:

The Accord currently has 148k miles. Maintenance items to note since last year's update have been routine (tires, oil changes, filters, brakes, coolant, brake and clutch fluid). I also replaced the transmission fluid with GM Syncromesh and the shifting has been noticeably smoother in the cold weather. I have been averaging 29 mpg in mixed highway and 26 mpg driving the local roads.

I've been keeping the underside lip of the front hood coated with Fluid Film which seems to have slowed down the progression of the rust. The clear coat on the rims has failed and is starting to bubble up. I hope to fix this in the springtime. I nailed a pothole earlier this year and bent a rim so that is on top of the list of things to fix.

I still think it's a great car all these years later and I still love driving it.

7. 10-31-2017 10:54 PM #81
      Doesnt surpride me you still have it the J series v6 is that lovable

Vehicles
      10-31-2017 11:43 PM #82
      Love the Accord platform. Our current one is about to hit 5 years/120k and has been very reliable outside of two unscheduled items.

I can't decide if the car is starting to feel old or if I'm just too used to the other car.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Earth Dreamer
      11-01-2017 03:17 AM #83
      Well, just had the rear suspension completely redone. Car's finally sitting level and drives nicer than it's ever driven under my ownership. Now the rear fenders are rotting out.
      Still a nice, powerful, comfortable car.

Vehicles
      17 Focus ST2, Mazdaspeed Miata, montego NA8 .
      11-01-2017 06:30 AM #84
      Heh, I have the same exact car.

The only major issue I've had in 7 months is the clutch master cylinder crapping out rendering it undrivable. It does have the typical third-gear pop out, but I've gotten used to it and can tell when I have to bring it back and give it another shove. It does burn a bit of oil, but that's somewhat due to my driving. Right now, the only large issue is a horrendous clicking sound while making right turns- also when driving straight, but not nearly as loud. Bushing?

The paint chips easily (like my IS300 did) but it has a fantastic shine (Moroccan red metallic).
      The halogen lights are about average.
      The seats are excellent, as is the heat, but the A/C is just OK.
      The "premium sound" isn't, compared to a TL or my old S40.
      It has just enough power to be quick, but it could use a bit more. Part of that could be the tallish gearing, which saps the fun somewhat.
      aside from 3rd, the transmission is great. The clutch was, but my mechanic didn't bleed all the way so not so much now.
      It has virtually no rust, but the power steering likes to cut out during parking lot maneuvers

From an enthusiast perspective, it's better than the typical camcord. But there are better driving options, even from the big H. It doesn't have some of the features or the dynamics of the TL or even the TSX, but I paid a fair bit less for the Accord.
      I gave up dailing old and rare cars and became a normie.
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Gear Patrol, which has as much cred as Paw Patrol
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

Vehicles
      Six Speed Earth Dreamer
      11-01-2017 09:48 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      Heh, I have the same exact car.

The only major issue I've had in 7 months is the clutch master cylinder crapping out rendering it undrivable. It does have the typical third-gear pop out, but I've gotten used to it and can tell when I have to bring it back and give it another shove. It does burn a bit of oil, but that's somewhat due to my driving. Right now, the only large issue is a horrendous clicking sound while making right turns- also when driving straight, but not nearly as loud. Bushing?
      Clunks and noises from the front suspension. So much money spent on these noises, three ball joints in fact. Including once where the ball joint broke and took the axle to hell with it.
      Suspension is mostly new now, all new in the back.

Had some squishy clutch issues which lead to stalling however I got the clutch lubed and bled recently which seems to of helped.

VERY happy to report no oil burning issues and I do drive fairly aggressively.

Yay Honder.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      11-01-2017 09:58 AM #86
      Fortunately I was able to have the 3rd gear syncro replaced under the Honda TSB before the powertrain warranty expired. I agree with your other points.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      11-14-2018 10:02 PM #87
      7 Year Update:

The Accord turned 160K miles last week. Not much to report other than routine maintenance (oil changes, air filters, alignment, brake fluid change, battery). Picked up a set of rims with snow tires for the upcoming winter. I also picked up a set of rotors and pads but have not had the time to install them. Still averaging 26 city and 29 highway with regular fuel. Threw my first CEL for low voltage on the accelerator pedal position sensor. Reset the code and it has not come back.

Very few newer cars interest me so that makes me like my Accord even more. I still enjoy driving it. Plus I'm cheap and love the low operating costs and cheap parts.
      Last edited by A2L90E; 11-14-2018 at 10:05 PM.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      '18 Honda Accord 2.0 manual | '19 Tundra TRD Sport | '17 X3 35i
      11-15-2018 11:00 AM #88
      Interesting to read your updates. I had the same car, except it was black. I have had a number of cars since then and now I'm into another manual Accord, a 2.0 sport...love it! Best of luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
      11-16-2018 01:45 PM #89
      My father had a brand new 2004 Accord EX-L coupe but with the 5AT transmission and 3.0L V6. It was a very solid car, with an incredibly smooth V6 that pulled quite nice...the only downfall was the 5AT that we had to replace midway through. I ended up taking it from Toronto to NYC, where I sold it to a dude in Howard Beach Queens. Saw it a year ago and it looked to have a full Maaco repaint...
      Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 6-speed
      Acura MDX

Gone but not forgotten: '99 Camaro SS 6MT | '00 Mustang GT 5MT | and a bunch of Maximas and other cars...

Vehicles
      11-16-2018 02:59 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by A2L90E View Post
      7 Year Update:

The Accord turned 160K miles last week. Not much to report other than routine maintenance (oil changes, air filters, alignment, brake fluid change, battery). Picked up a set of rims with snow tires for the upcoming winter. I also picked up a set of rotors and pads but have not had the time to install them. Still averaging 26 city and 29 highway with regular fuel. Threw my first CEL for low voltage on the accelerator pedal position sensor. Reset the code and it has not come back.

Very few newer cars interest me so that makes me like my Accord even more. I still enjoy driving it. Plus I'm cheap and love the low operating costs and cheap parts.
      Crazy. Stories like this are what drive the resale IMO. Good to see someone really getting his money's worth out of a car.

Our Accord thing has 135k now, drives nicer than either of the other cars including the VW that just needed a new water pump at 23k miles lol.

17. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      11-26-2018 06:26 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by A2L90E View Post
      Threw my first CEL for low voltage on the accelerator pedal position sensor. Reset the code and it has not come back.
      It will eventually need the ACC Sensor because the sensor will eventually crap out and won't accurately read input throttle positions. Fairly common amongst all Hondas of this era.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
      11-26-2018 07:19 PM #92
      Drove one a few months back with 141,000 miles. Power steering was dead in it but otherwise the car felt nice and tight. Great shifter and easy clutch. The interior has aged so well in them.

19. 11-26-2018 08:02 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Biff Beltsander View Post
      Clunks and noises from the front suspension. So much money spent on these noises, three ball joints in fact. Including once where the ball joint broke and took the axle to hell with it.
      Suspension is mostly new now, all new in the back.

Yay Honder.
      Seems like Hondas hates aftermarket suspension , put some new LCAs on the odyssey and they were great for about 3 months now they clunk away as if never replaced

Weren't the 2003-2007 accords the last with double wishbone front suspension?
      Last edited by ImpeccableNEW; 11-26-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Vehicles
      2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
      11-26-2018 09:11 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Seems like Hondas hates aftermarket suspension , put some new LCAs on the odyssey and they were great for about 3 months now they clunk away as if never replaced

Weren't the 2003-2007 accords the last with double wishbone front suspension?
      8th generation was (2008-2012)

I’ve driven almost every generation Accord though and none handle as well as the newest one.

21. Member
      11-26-2018 09:20 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by nyexx View Post

I’ve driven almost every generation Accord though and none handle as well as the newest one.
      True, but you can't really beat that smooth 3.0l v6.
      Current: 2015 RPGM Chevy SS Sedan 6spd - 2000 Chevy K2500 - 2013 Honda Odyssey TE
      Past: 1990 MB 300e @106k - 2011 JSW TDi 6spd @100k - 2006 Honda Accord Sedan V6 6spd @170k - 04 VW Passat W8 6spd Wagon @123k - 1996 Mazda Miata 5spd Base @257k - 2003 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd @74k - 1993 Jeep GC V8 @303k - 1991 Honda Accord LX 5spd @151k - 1993 Toyota Corolla 5spd Base @154k

Vehicles
      17 Focus ST2, Mazdaspeed Miata, montego NA8 .
      11-27-2018 09:10 AM #96
      I'll be putting mine up for sale very soon. 132K miles.

I gave up dailing old and rare cars and became a normie.
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Gear Patrol, which has as much cred as Paw Patrol
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

23. 11-27-2018 07:38 PM #97
      Honda machine finish wheels dont seem to fare well

24. 11-27-2018 07:39 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by nyexx View Post

That LCA belongs to an odyssey

25. Member
      11-27-2018 09:31 PM #99
      I still miss nine. Great all around dd. Kinda wish it had an lsd though. I'd buy another one to dd once my SS is paid off. Although the new Accord 2.0l 6speed is nice too.
      Current: 2015 RPGM Chevy SS Sedan 6spd - 2000 Chevy K2500 - 2013 Honda Odyssey TE
      Past: 1990 MB 300e @106k - 2011 JSW TDi 6spd @100k - 2006 Honda Accord Sedan V6 6spd @170k - 04 VW Passat W8 6spd Wagon @123k - 1996 Mazda Miata 5spd Base @257k - 2003 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd @74k - 1993 Jeep GC V8 @303k - 1991 Honda Accord LX 5spd @151k - 1993 Toyota Corolla 5spd Base @154k

26. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      11-27-2018 09:44 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Honda machine finish wheels dont seem to fare well
      Not when facing Wisconsin's finest salt.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast