VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

elevel w/switchspeed using air lift block manifolds

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mike4-vr6 
#1 ·
Been thinking about switching from Autopilot to elevel w/ switchspeed and am wondering if anyone has wired the air lift block manifolds up with the elevel ecu... if so, do you happen to have a diagram?
What are your thoughts on using the air lift blocks as opposed to the vu4?

#2 ·
your kind of talking about two different things here.

E-level and switchspeed are seperate systems

The controller is identical basically

the difference is E level, the 1, 2 ,3 buttons are your preset auto adjusting ride heights which require installation of the leveling sensors

On the switchspeed controller the 1, 2, 3 are 'speed' settings which send a pulse signal to your valves to make it go up and down faster or slower.

There is roughly a $700 difference in cost between the two. (with a switchspeed setup, youll get the ECU, controller, harnesses. With an e-level setup youll get the ECU, controller, and level sensors)

I personally have asco valves which a switchspeed ECU and controller. It is no different than wiring and AVS box to airlift manifolds. The ECU will come with a pre-cut harness which you will them wire to the manfolds accordingly. In the tech-section on bagriders.com they have a diagram for airlift manifolds, and the ECU for your accuair controller will include one for their harness so its very easy to match it all up.

From what ive seen from doing other installs, the switchspeed 'speed' settings are much more crisp on an Accuair manifold VS. my valves. Ive never ran one with the airlift manifolds but it will 100% work, i just cant say how different itll be.

If financially its in the cards, i would buy the manifold as well either way because then youll have a plug and play system from your manifold to ECU.

#9 ·
No sir, you are correct. The e-Level + VU4 is a plug and play setup whereas the e-Level + AutoPilot manifolds would require splicing the harness and hardwiring the two (in this case three) together.
Hey Andrew. Looking to upgrade my switchspeed to e-level and use my apv2 manifold. You wouldnt happen to have any diagrams indicating how to mate the two would you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.