VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Found a derelict Fox GTI

35K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  QuantumSyncro 
#1 ·
Just wanted to share a recent find. I haven't pursued it due to the abundance of rust on the car and the abundance of project cars at my shop.

It's a Fox GTI, I don't know much about early Audis but I'm assuming it's pretty rare. Looks like it has been sitting for atleast the last decade. It's pretty far gone, but seems complete and would make a good parts car.

See less See more
#5 ·
I was thinking the same thing :D

Is it for sale? It looks better down low than it does up top. Wonder what happened to it. Did you you get any shots of the interior.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Greg
http://foxgti.com
I didn't, but i'll try to get some next time I go climbing out that way.

It's a damn shame to see it wasting away, but I don't have time or money for any more cars at this point.

#9 ·
Ohh man! That's one of like 6 in the country.

:(
Didn't know they were that scarce. That explains why this is the first one I recall seeing.

#20 ·
Theres an Identical one in a local yard near me. I'm going to grab the intake and maybe cam for my Rabbit. I actually never seen one before and didn't know what model it was; which is why I checked here. Are there any parts that I should grab? The wheel is gone. Front seats are okay but look faded a lil (maybe thats just them??) Any help is appreciated :thumbup:

#21 ·
I agree with the prior post about the lower body looking much better than the upper. You can see the driver side rocker looks pretty good in the picture, I'd be crawling underneath it to see what the pans look like. If it's not taking on water inside there's a good chance it will be intact.

Would be some work but now after the huge scrap metal old car exodus from the US you just don't see much of anything anymore, and what's out there in the mid-west is not really worth looking at IMO unless it's been inside a lot.

Based on what's hanging off the rear bumper it looks like they had a car cover on it for a while.

steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.