VWVortex.com - Netflix - What to watch streaming
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 209 of 214 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
    Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 5345

Thread: Netflix - What to watch streaming

Vehicles
      2016 A3
      09-07-2020 09:09 PM #5201
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      I own three Amazon 4K FireTV dongles. HBOmax is not supported. My fairly new Sony blu ray player doesn’t support it. My ancient plasma panel doesn’t support it. It would be really clunky to stream from my laptop. The cheapest way I see to buy new hardware is a Xiaomi MI box S at Walmart online for $49. I filled out an HBOmax feedback form on their web portal asking for some months of free service to offset having to buy hardware.

I tried side loading HBOMAX on a 4K FireTV dongle. The application runs but it can’t authenticate so I can’t watch anything.

My fiancée has AT&T unlimited cell service that I think has some HBO thing bundled we’ve never tried to use. I have a year of Disney+ with Verizon on my unlimited cell plan. Does anybody get HBO as part of their AT&T plan? If it’s free, I think I’d spend the $49 at Walmart.
      Yes, and it does work, but figuring out what apps to install and getting them authenticated is a Kafka-esque nightmare. I'm on an AppleTV 4k, btw.

The AT&T/Direct/HBO merger is a flaming dumpster fire.
      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-08-2020 12:28 AM #5202
      Finished S2 of Cobra Kai. The finale was an amazing exposition of 80s kitsch, and modern CW-esque YA melodrama. So terrible and awesome. It annoys my 18 year old daughter like you wouldn’t believe.

Started Away tonight and got two eps in. It is very disappointing. Prod values are high, the acting is good, and the premise is interesting. But when it’s not slow, the plot points are soooo cliched! My wife and I were ticking off exactly what each character was going to do next. It also has the same main logic error as that Katee Sackhoff series, Another Life.
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

Vehicles
      2018 Atlas SEL R-Line, 2019 330xi M-Sport
      09-08-2020 03:54 AM #5203
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      I really enjoyed the first season. I saw somewhere to expect season 2 to air late 2021.
      Awesome.

Vehicles
      FJ Audi A5
      09-08-2020 01:29 PM #5204
      we've been watching Red Oaks on Amazon Prime. Very campy, very 80s schtick, but it's kept our interest.
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

6. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-08-2020 01:58 PM #5205
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      Finished S2 of Cobra Kai. The finale was an amazing exposition of 80s kitsch, and modern CW-esque YA melodrama. So terrible and awesome. It annoys my 18 year old daughter like you wouldn’t believe.

Started Away tonight and got two eps in. It is very disappointing. Prod values are high, the acting is good, and the premise is interesting. But when it’s not slow, the plot points are soooo cliched! My wife and I were ticking off exactly what each character was going to do next. It also has the same main logic error as that Katee Sackhoff series, Another Life.
      Another Life has S2 coming, btw.

Yup, we were watching Away this weekend as well. The main s**t I can't stand is the manufactured/cliche "drama." There's no way that this crew has that much animosity towards each other and be a functional team. That'd never happen, regardless of who's footing the bill.

There's also some petty writing going on. "Ram's out of the woods." Good thing there isn't a team member named Baer, the puns would be unbearable.

Also, the globe-tossing on the moon. That's not how 1/6th gravity works. The ball doesn't move slowly in low gravity when you toss it.

They also Michael Bay'd the launch viewing, too. Daytime in Paris, but night time in Africa. Nighttime in Japan, evening in America.
      Last edited by GreenandChrome; 09-08-2020 at 04:04 PM.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-08-2020 02:39 PM #5206
      I just sideloaded Peacock to a 4k FireTV stick and did the 1 week free trial. NBC moved English Premier League Gold features to watch all the matches on replay from their NBC Sports application to the pay version of Peacock. I watched a couple of minutes of Zombieland to confirm that it worked. EPL starts next weekend so I'll do the try before you buy and then do the monthly subscription if it works properly.

I'll hopefully be able to find the 30 day free trial for CBS All Access so I can watch Patriots games. The most recent promo code for 30 days instead of 7 was PLAY so I'll try that. Last year, I got a 2nd month free when I canceled. I only had to pay a couple of months of subscription fee.

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '20 Civic Si - '16 RAV4
      09-08-2020 02:55 PM #5207
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      we've been watching Red Oaks on Amazon Prime. Very campy, very 80s schtick, but it's kept our interest.
      Oh we liked that, especially the early season (s).

We started Dave on Hulu. It's weird and dirty and really funny, plus my name is Dave.

Finished 7 seasons of Mom on Hulu as well. Anna Ferris. She just ducked out of filming season 8 at the last minute, not sure the show goes on without her.

Umbrella Academy s2 was really good.

Started Teenage Bounty Hunters ... I want it to be better but there's some good stuff.

We are going to watch Cobra Kai for sure.

9. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6
      09-08-2020 03:29 PM #5208
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post

We started Dave on Hulu. It's weird and dirty and really funny, plus my name is Dave.

I didn't expect much from "Dave" but man it was awesome. Great show, and way funnier than I expected.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-08-2020 03:36 PM #5209
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Another Life has S2 coming, btw.

Yup, we were watching Away this weekend as well. The main s**t I can't stand is the manufactured/cliche "drama." There's no way that this crew has that much animosity towards each other and be a functional team. That'd never happen, regardless of who's fitting the bill.
      That was exactly the same issue I had with Another Life. Are you telling me that this elite team of astronauts who are supposedly the best and brightest in the world completely lose their esprit de corps 4 days into their mission? Meh...

Agreed on all of your other points as well.
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

Vehicles
      FJ Audi A5
      09-08-2020 03:44 PM #5210
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post

Finished 7 seasons of Mom on Hulu as well. Anna Ferris. She just ducked out of filming season 8 at the last minute, not sure the show goes on without her.

Umbrella Academy s2 was really good.

Started Teenage Bounty Hunters ... I want it to be better but there's some good stuff.

We are going to watch Cobra Kai for sure.

I'll have to check some of these out
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

12. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-09-2020 03:17 PM #5211
      That was exactly the same issue I had with Another Life. Are you telling me that this elite team of astronauts who are supposedly the best and brightest in the world completely lose their esprit de corps 4 days into their mission? Meh...

Agreed on all of your other points as well.
      Finished Away. There won't be a S2 since everyone died on impact. Just kidding. I have no idea if they'll get S2, all the good plot issues (save the obvious 9-month one) have been taken.

It tried to be more like "The Martian" but it missed the quality of that movie and ended up too much like the NatGeo series MARS.

And there's going to be a table tossing moment in episode 9, iirc.

And yes, what you think will happen to Lex will happen.

After watching a few episodes of Away, I ended up putting on The Martian to cleanse my palate.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

09-09-2020 03:51 PM #5212

Felt the same way, team full of young immature obnoxious college kids bickering constantly being anything but a team lead by their home sick professor. Sheesh.

Vehicles
      2016 A3
      09-10-2020 08:54 PM #5213
      Sucks that it's just on HBOMax, but damn, Raised By Wolves is good, y'all.

Ridley should've skipped Prometheus/Alien Covenant and just gone directly to this. Let Neill Blomkamp handle Alien. It seems like RBW is the actual movie Ridley wanted to make all along.

If you like hard sci-fi or Ridley Scott, I'd say it's worth the subscription all by itself.
      "Personally, I believe that 'fairness' consists in the fruits of my labor not being taken by corrupt hacks to redistribute to their cronies in exchange for votes." -- Glenn Reynolds

15. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Vehicles
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      09-10-2020 09:42 PM #5214
      Watched the doc called “Tread” pretty damned interesting. Would recommend 11/10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      I didn't expect much from "Dave" but man it was awesome. Great show, and way funnier than I expected.
      Great show, and he is actually a real rapper.
      this signature kills fascists.

MUST NOT SLEEP, MUST WARN OTHERS.
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-13-2020 04:10 AM #5215
      An Amazon 4K FireTV now lets you download the HBO application. I haven’t activated the 7 day free trial yet to confirm that it works. I’ll mess with that when my screen time isn’t sports. Even with the discount, HBO Max is kind of expensive for the amount I’d watch it.

I streamed Liverpool-Leeds yesterday on NBCsn. I watched a couple minutes of the game replay on my phone with the Peacock application. I have the 7 day free trial of Peacock Premium. I think I’m going to pay the $4.99 monthly subscription fee to watch the EPL replays. Peacock has some live EPL matches but less than NBCsn.

[email protected] today on CBS All Access.

I barely had the plasma panel powered up this summer. We were outside.

Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-20-2020 12:00 PM #5216
      Started The Devil All the Time but couldn't get more than 30 mins into it. Great cast, but holy cow it is really dark and disturbing. Just one vile, violent, or sad thing after another. I went ahead and read the synopsis. No thanks.

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-20-2020 12:27 PM #5217
      Peacock let me do a 2nd 7-day free trial. I canceled the first one on day #6. I'm streaming Chelsea-Liverpool. It was on Peacock, not NBCsn which I get with my Vermont condo XFinity cable account.

I now have NBC, NBCsn, and Peacock to watch the Patriots on SNF tonight. I'm not sure which will have it.

Vehicles
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 1967 Datsun 1600
      09-20-2020 12:46 PM #5218
      High Score on Netflix is a nice short documentary talking about the history of the gaming industry, covering a wide range of games, consoles, and stories. It was pretty good.

09-20-2020 02:25 PM #5219
      Quote Originally Posted by Egz View Post
      High Score on Netflix is a nice short documentary talking about the history of the gaming industry, covering a wide range of games, consoles, and stories. It was pretty good.
      I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the other similar documentaries The Toys/Movies that made us (I assume they were all made by the same team).
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

21. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-20-2020 10:06 PM #5220
      Started The Devil All the Time but couldn't get more than 30 mins into it. Great cast, but holy cow it is really dark and disturbing. Just one vile, violent, or sad thing after another. I went ahead and read the synopsis. No thanks.
      I saw an article on "How They Made the Spider Scene in Devil All The Time" and that took that movie out of my queue.

Watching the Challenger documentary. CSB: The McAuliffes were dubbers.

Vehicles
      2016 HKG Octopus Card
      09-22-2020 08:45 PM #5221
      We finished Teenage Bounty Hunters and the new series of Travels with my Father, just 2 episodes, but the Mrs likes that one as my Dad is very similar to Jack's father.

Also keeping up with Boys Series 2, Criminal UK Series 2 and of course the Stanley Cup final. I just wish the NFL streaming package was not so expensive, but it is crazy compared to the NHLs.

23. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      09-24-2020 12:20 AM #5222
      If anyone likes true crime... Watching Discovery ID's "Village of the Damned" mini series of Dryden, NY in the time period '89-'99.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      09-24-2020 08:02 AM #5223
      Started Season 2 of The Boys

It's good.

The "Stormfront" character is timely.

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      09-24-2020 09:36 AM #5224
      Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTurbo View Post
      Also keeping up with Boys Series 2, Criminal UK Series 2 and of course the Stanley Cup final. I just wish the NFL streaming package was not so expensive, but it is crazy compared to the NHLs.
      I binge watched The Boys. I got through all of Season 1 and one left in Season 2 to get current.

Mandalorian Season 2 starts on October 30. I think I get to watch 3 weeks of it before my year of Verizon Unlimited free Disney+ expires. No way I'd pay for it.

09-24-2020 10:01 AM #5225
      ^^^
      This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

It’s also the best thing I’ve ever seen.

Truly, this series is amazing.

Late to this, but I'm so looking forward to season 3:

I watched the first episode and thought "Hell no!" but we blasted through two seasons in a week.
      From the npboards, home of "intelligent discussion:" ...Trump...seems to be appealing quite a bit to black voters. By some estimates as many as one out of four would vote for him. This may well be because he not only has a Strong Pimp Hand, he is also the most "******-Rich" man in New York City. In other words, someone they can both relate to and aspire to."

Page 209 of 214 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast