I've had to replace several random parts lately (on the wife's A3) and wanted to keep a consolidated list of info I've found to be useful. Everyone is welcome to share info/tips/part diagrams/beer. You are welcome to ask questions here, I won't be answering them personally, as I'm clearly not an expert. I don't think we have a consolidated list of FAQ on this topic.
2006 Audi A3 2.0T FWD rear blow up
2006 Audi A3 2.0T FWD rear suspension
GTI m5 rear suspension
- From what I've read, all GTI suspension are "sport".
- A3 you have original premium (2006, which is base suspension), sport, and then it was renamed s-line somewhere around 2008, not sure.
- Ride Height
- Crunching noise from front end
...When going over bumps at any speed, in cold weather:
Try the front position bushing in the lower control arm
*We are experiencing this noise personally. And I'll reply once we get the bushing replaced.
Killajr had replaced this on a friends car and said that it solved the issue of the crunching noise.
*however, I believe my noise is more than one bushing that is centrally located. so I'm going to look at this diagram closely in the next few days to identify what other bushings could be bad.
- Steering and some of the front suspension including bushings are shown here
- Lower Engine Mount (front)
krazyboi got me interested in this.
not sure if my bushings are worn enough to make the crunching sound.
but, the item promises to fix:
incorrect tracking angles under braking with worn bushings, which causes incorrect and excessive tire wear as well as braking instability.
obviously fwd cars are known to be tough on rubber. but the A3 front trac is the worst I've ever seen.
Link above is for 2006, but if you click there, and put pff85-505 in the seach box, you'll find the other option(s).
- Front suspension from 2006 A3 fwd with premium/base suspension