VWVortex.com - s4 engine swap
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: s4 engine swap

1. 04-03-2012 12:12 PM #1
      hello i have a 01 s4 engine with 80k...my uncle is giving me an o1 a4 with a bad engine its 5 speed i was wondering if the 5 speed manual will bolt on to the 2.7t engine. i have the ecu for that engine but dont have the key...basically what i am trying to find out is if the 2.7t engine i got will work on the a4 do i have to swap ECU's and will the a4 key work with the s4 harness

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 04-08-2012 08:38 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by jazzb5s4 View Post
      hello i have a 01 s4 engine with 80k...my uncle is giving me an o1 a4 with a bad engine its 5 speed i was wondering if the 5 speed manual will bolt on to the 2.7t engine. i have the ecu for that engine but dont have the key...basically what i am trying to find out is if the 2.7t engine i got will work on the a4 do i have to swap ECU's and will the a4 key work with the s4 harness
      The B5 S4 for the US market does not has an immobilizer. If you have all the S4 engine compartment wiring and understand the differences in the A4 to S4 body and chassis wiring you should be OK, but I have not done this swap yet. The B5 S4 does have differences between manual to automatic transmission cars for the use of secondary air injection among others changes.

Vehicles
      B5 S4 Avant/04' Allroad
      10-03-2018 01:25 PM #3
      Yes it will work once car is a a 2.8. Use S4 ECU and wiring harness. S4 Power steering hose that runs under intake from the back, use A4 2.8 AC line in front by snub (because it wont pull) and the S4 one that goes under. Speed sensor is a 4 pin on S4 and a 5 pin on A4. You just have to jump one pin. Use 2.8 Clutch stuff South Bend works well. Thats it FYI..gears are longer
      on 2.8 Trans it pulls better. Any questions PM Me.
      Buncha B5's... Too many to list!
      01' S4 Avant/04' Allroad
      Squatt/Chirp/Puff.... Woooooooosh!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      B5 S4 Avant/04' Allroad
      10-03-2018 01:27 PM #4
      BTW...Do not disassemble anything it goes right in and put in NEW Engine mounts when motors out as inlets run right above them and when in car 4-5 hr job due to space.
      Buncha B5's... Too many to list!
      01' S4 Avant/04' Allroad
      Squatt/Chirp/Puff.... Woooooooosh!