VWVortex.com - What did you do to your tiguan today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 243 of 244 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244 LastLast
    Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 6087

    Thread: What did you do to your tiguan today?

    1. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      15,720
      07-30-2019 04:42 AM #6051
      Quote Originally Posted by jason__ View Post
      Added hitch, and properly coded trailer wire harness from pfjones.

      Using a prodigy controller.
      I thought you got rid of your Tiguan or a tree fell on it or something?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 07-30-2019 06:19 AM #6052
      I had 2. I actually own 17 vehicles over all. But that's besides the point.

      The lower mileage tig got smashed. Only reason I had full coverage on it.

      This higher mileage one i just did the harness on
      Pl&pd. $21 a month insurance. Can't beat that.


      Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

    4. Junior Member Camviet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2014
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      89
      Vehicles
      14 Tiguan R-Line
      07-30-2019 10:20 PM #6053
      ST X Coilovers & ECS stabilizer links in.



      As sits, ~2.2 inch drop/28 inches FTG, slight rub in the rear. The fronts are spun up 1 1/2 inches, rear are maxed out. Need to raise the rear a bit in anticipation of spacers next week, maybe another alignment to bring more negative camber in the rear. Front's have about -2.1 even both sides, driver's rear maxed out to -2.1, passenger rear had full articulation both ways.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 15th, 2014
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      141
      Vehicles
      2003 1.8T Jetta GLS 09A Tiptronic
      07-31-2019 10:36 AM #6054
      Quote Originally Posted by Camviet View Post
      ST X Coilovers & ECS stabilizer links in.



      As sits, ~2.2 inch drop/28 inches FTG, slight rub in the rear. The fronts are spun up 1 1/2 inches, rear are maxed out. Need to raise the rear a bit in anticipation of spacers next week, maybe another alignment to bring more negative camber in the rear. Front's have about -2.1 even both sides, driver's rear maxed out to -2.1, passenger rear had full articulation both ways.
      Looks fantastic! What are the calipers? Stock painted or aftermarket? 19” wheels? And when you say rear are maxed out, do you mean they are at the highest adjustment or dropped all the way down? Looks great regardless.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    6. Junior Member Camviet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2014
      Location
      Missouri
      Posts
      89
      Vehicles
      14 Tiguan R-Line
      07-31-2019 02:26 PM #6055
      Quote Originally Posted by Ianator157 View Post
      Looks fantastic! What are the calipers? Stock painted or aftermarket? 19” wheels? And when you say rear are maxed out, do you mean they are at the highest adjustment or dropped all the way down? Looks great regardless.
      Stock calipers poorly painted red, refinished and painted stock 19x9 ET33 Mallory wheels. The rear perches are spun all the way down, lowest point.

    7. 07-31-2019 05:51 PM #6056
      I have 4 blocks of aluminum.

      Sometime next week i hope to get one wheel cut.

      I spent months fiddling with the program.

    8. Member MJG44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2018
      Location
      Thousand Oaks, CA
      Posts
      333
      Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      08-01-2019 08:17 AM #6057
      Quote Originally Posted by jason__ View Post
      I have 4 blocks of aluminum.

      Sometime next week i hope to get one wheel cut.

      I spent months fiddling with the program.
      What program are you using and what is the design you landed on?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2012
      Posts
      3,517
      Vehicles
      F
      08-03-2019 03:17 PM #6058
      Oil n filter, and replaced the original wiper blades. 35k problem free miles so far.

    10. 08-03-2019 11:31 PM #6059
      Just an oil change and air filter.. but any reason to post the Tig.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    11. Member MJG44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2018
      Location
      Thousand Oaks, CA
      Posts
      333
      Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      08-04-2019 12:55 AM #6060
      Received the flat bottom steering wheel in the mail. Looks to be an easy install. Before installing I want to paint the chrome trim. Has anyone painted anything in their interior? Any suggestions on paint I should use? Or would a vinyl wrap be the most logical way to do it.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    12. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2012
      Location
      AL
      Posts
      751
      Vehicles
      12 Tiglean (wife), 08 r36'ish
      08-04-2019 08:57 AM #6061
      Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
      Received the flat bottom steering wheel in the mail. Looks to be an easy install. Before installing I want to paint the chrome trim. Has anyone painted anything in their interior? Any suggestions on paint I should use? Or would a vinyl wrap be the most logical way to do it.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      What did it come out of?

      Sent using Tapatalk

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2017
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      277
      Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      08-04-2019 09:13 AM #6062
      Quote Originally Posted by troystg View Post
      What did it come out of?

      Sent using Tapatalk
      Looks like from the touran. I saw these on eBay from Europe, but since I had a mk6 airbag already, I opted for the Golf R wheel.

      Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

    14. Member MJG44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2018
      Location
      Thousand Oaks, CA
      Posts
      333
      Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      08-04-2019 09:17 AM #6063
      Quote Originally Posted by troystg View Post
      What did it come out of?

      Sent using Tapatalk
      Not sure what it came off of but I purchased it on eBay from a guy in Poland. He is listed it as a tiguan/Touran. I assume he goes to the junkyards and then reupholsters the steering wheels for sale. Had an eBay gift card so spent about $40 total out of pocket.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    15. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2012
      Location
      AL
      Posts
      751
      Vehicles
      12 Tiglean (wife), 08 r36'ish
      08-04-2019 09:37 AM #6064
      Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
      Not sure what it came off of but I purchased it on eBay from a guy in Poland. He is listed it as a tiguan/Touran. I assume he goes to the junkyards and then reupholsters the steering wheels for sale. Had an eBay gift card so spent about $40 total out of pocket.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Very cool.. pictures and brief install notes when its complete please.

      Sent using Tapatalk

    16. Member
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2010
      Location
      Parts Unknown
      Posts
      18,846
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      08-04-2019 01:00 PM #6065
      Gave my AEM Dryflow BruteForce a cleaning after 50,000 miles.

      Need to start preparing for 100,000 miles.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/Osram CBI D3S/Neuspeed P-flo

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2015
      Location
      Panama
      Posts
      103
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Tiguan
      08-04-2019 10:42 PM #6066
      2011 VW Tiguan 2.0TSI 4Motion//Track & Field
      2013 XC90 2.5T R Design //Polestar Upgrade// iPd TCV
      2013 S60 T6 AWD R Design //Polestar Upgrade //Borla muffler
      2003 Patrol GU TD42 //AXT Turbo kit //Safari Water2Air IC //35s //Straight pipe DPF delete //ARB Lockers F/R // Old Man Emu 3" lift

    18. Junior Member freakybug_99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2003
      Location
      Dover, DE
      Posts
      58
      Vehicles
      1977 Bug, 2015 Tiguan
      08-09-2019 12:02 PM #6067
      Replaced the upstream o2 sensor and got some new Vredestein tires delivered

    19. 08-09-2019 11:19 PM #6068
      Installed a go fast bits DV+

      Did not think it would improve the performance at all I just wanted to get rid of the whistle sound but WOW that car pulls much stronger afterwards. Huge improvement that I noticed right away Very happy with this mod.

    20. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2019
      Location
      Quebec Canada
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      08-10-2019 04:53 AM #6069
      Quote Originally Posted by 2015Rline View Post
      Installed a go fast bits DV+

      Did not think it would improve the performance at all I just wanted to get rid of the whistle sound but WOW that car pulls much stronger afterwards. Huge improvement that I noticed right away Very happy with this mod.
      Nice to hear !!!! I ordered it aswell to get ride od the whistle sound ! Good to know for the rest !!! Thanks

      Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 7th, 2009
      Location
      Kingston, Ontario
      Posts
      1,625
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan, 2004 R32
      08-12-2019 08:09 PM #6070
      Quote Originally Posted by eltrcutter View Post
      I'm assuming you do not have an 09M on that, right?

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2008
      Location
      Southcoast, MA
      Posts
      7,305
      Vehicles
      Tiguan, Mini
      08-13-2019 08:53 AM #6071
      Quote Originally Posted by 2015Rline View Post
      Installed a go fast bits DV+

      Did not think it would improve the performance at all I just wanted to get rid of the whistle sound but WOW that car pulls much stronger afterwards. Huge improvement that I noticed right away Very happy with this mod.
      Quote Originally Posted by Moteev View Post
      Nice to hear !!!! I ordered it aswell to get ride od the whistle sound ! Good to know for the rest !!! Thanks

      Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
      Make sure that y'all keep the brass piston lubricated. Take it out and grease it up every few oil changes to ensure proper functionality. It'll stick eventually and create a "fail" scenario otherwise.

      I've had a DV+ on my car for probably 15-20k miles and it's great. Much prefer having it there vs not.

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2019
      Location
      Quebec Canada
      Posts
      88
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      08-13-2019 03:51 PM #6072
      Quote Originally Posted by Project_2501 View Post
      Make sure that y'all keep the brass piston lubricated. Take it out and grease it up every few oil changes to ensure proper functionality. It'll stick eventually and create a "fail" scenario otherwise.

      I've had a DV+ on my car for probably 15-20k miles and it's great. Much prefer having it there vs not.
      Thanks for the tip ! Will do for sure !!!

      Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

    24. Member MJG44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2018
      Location
      Thousand Oaks, CA
      Posts
      333
      Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      08-14-2019 08:46 AM #6073
      Did my first vinyl wrap today on some new headlights. Purchased the vinyl from vvivid on amazon. Very pleased with it especially for the price, but I think the tint is too dark and so will most likely be ordering a lighter shade before I install it on the tig.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2015
      Location
      Panama
      Posts
      103
      Vehicles
      2011 VW Tiguan
      08-16-2019 01:41 AM #6074
      Quote Originally Posted by dorkage View Post
      I'm assuming you do not have an 09M on that, right?
      Even though its a ROW Tiguan; it has the 09M.
      A DQ250 swap from R32 is in the works
      2011 VW Tiguan 2.0TSI 4Motion//Track & Field
      2013 XC90 2.5T R Design //Polestar Upgrade// iPd TCV
      2013 S60 T6 AWD R Design //Polestar Upgrade //Borla muffler
      2003 Patrol GU TD42 //AXT Turbo kit //Safari Water2Air IC //35s //Straight pipe DPF delete //ARB Lockers F/R // Old Man Emu 3" lift

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 7th, 2009
      Location
      Kingston, Ontario
      Posts
      1,625
      Vehicles
      2010 Tiguan, 2004 R32
      08-16-2019 04:27 PM #6075
      Quote Originally Posted by eltrcutter View Post
      Even though its a ROW Tiguan; it has the 09M.
      A DQ250 swap from R32 is in the works
      So what do I need to make my 09M Tiguan do the same?

      And the R32 transmission will not bolt up to the 2L. Bellhousing is different from the 4/5 cylinder to the VR6

    Page 243 of 244 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •