VWVortex.com - What did you do to your tiguan today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 255 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255
    Results 6,351 to 6,374 of 6374

Thread: What did you do to your tiguan today?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      Tiguan, Mini
      02-18-2020 09:35 PM #6351
      Quote Originally Posted by troystg View Post
      My wife's are still going after 100K... But I am SURE she drives differently.

Sent using Tapatalk

You do make a good point, sir

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-18-2020 11:22 PM #6352
      Quote Originally Posted by troystg View Post
      My wife's are still going after 100K... But I am SURE she drives differently.

Sent using Tapatalk
      Yes, perfect point. This is my girlfriend's car so it should last just as long. Konis are as easy a swap if needed. Ha

Vehicles
      Currently a 2012 Touareg TDI Executive , mkIV TR R32, 98 Jetta Wolfsburg
      02-19-2020 04:04 PM #6353
      Had the front windows tinted today with green tint to match factory rears. Very happy with the results!

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 golf r apr stage 3+, bagged 2011 APR k04 tiguan 4 motion, 02 3.2tt(gone) 90vr corrado(gone
      02-19-2020 09:44 PM #6354
      Do you know the specs on the tint? Brand, percentage?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 1.8T Jetta GLS 09A Tiptronic
      02-19-2020 09:52 PM #6355
      Today I replaced my fog bulbs because the passenger side was “out”. After replacing them I started the car with the light switch in auto and the passenger side bulb was NOT lit but the driver side was!! I then decided to turn the light switch to the fog / headlight position (pull and turn for both) and checked.... now both are on!! So, I ask you- WTF?! Why is one side off and the other on in “auto” light selection?? This would seem like a programming issue, but I’ve never changed any values with VAGCOM. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      02-19-2020 10:27 PM #6356
      Quote Originally Posted by Ianator157 View Post
      Today I replaced my fog bulbs because the passenger side was “out”. After replacing them I started the car with the light switch in auto and the passenger side bulb was NOT lit but the driver side was!! I then decided to turn the light switch to the fog / headlight position (pull and turn for both) and checked.... now both are on!! So, I ask you- WTF?! Why is one side off and the other on in “auto” light selection?? This would seem like a programming issue, but I’ve never changed any values with VAGCOM. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks-

Was your wheel turned? I have mine set up for corners so when I turn right the right fog turns on. If you pull and initiate the fog manually maybe that would override the cornering function?

Vehicles
      Currently a 2012 Touareg TDI Executive , mkIV TR R32, 98 Jetta Wolfsburg
      02-19-2020 10:30 PM #6357
      Quote Originally Posted by 24valvett View Post
      Do you know the specs on the tint? Brand, percentage?
      35% by Llumar

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      02-20-2020 12:33 AM #6358

Fog light cornering light?
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/DDM Tuning Ultra HID 5500K/Neuspeed P-flo/AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter

10. Member
      Vehicles
      02-20-2020 12:39 AM #6359
      Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
      Was your wheel turned? I have mine set up for corners so when I turn right the right fog turns on. If you pull and initiate the fog manually maybe that would override the cornering function?

Yes, it was in fact because my wheel was not centered wow I totally didn’t think about the dogs being the cornering lights... damn don’t I feel smart. Hey at least I have a backup set of bulbs

11. Member
      Vehicles
      Tiguan, Mini
      02-20-2020 09:19 AM #6360
      Yes, it was in fact because my wheel was not centered wow I totally didn’t think about the dogs being the cornering lights... damn don’t I feel smart. Hey at least I have a backup set of bulbs

These are all settings that can be modified within VCDS, fyi. I have my running lights disabled when my turn signal is on, for instance. I feel it increases signal visibility.

02-21-2020 06:34 AM #6361
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVAG View Post
      Just to confirm, the emblem says R-line correct? Not R?
      Yes

Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      02-23-2020 04:44 PM #6362
      20k miles ago I ordered ngk plugs off of amazon. After misfire issues I decided to swap out the plugs and coils and this time ordered from dap and the ngk boxes are slightly different and it’s making me think the amazon sold ones were knock offs.

Decided to go back to the black coils as well to match the rest of the engine bay. Purchased new from dap as well.

Also put in some black screws for the bfi oil catch can lid and a valve with an elbow for easier cleaning.

Installed the new plugs and coils and I am back to running smooth again. Planning to put the stage 1 and 2 intake piping, and the pedal commander back on but leaving off the npm. Although I feel it wasn’t the cause I just can’t bring myself to chance it again. I am definitely missing it though.
      Last edited by MJG44; 02-23-2020 at 08:26 PM.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      02-24-2020 08:44 AM #6363
      20k miles ago I ordered ngk plugs off of amazon. After misfire issues I decided to swap out the plugs and coils and this time ordered from dap and the ngk boxes are slightly different and it’s making me think the amazon sold ones were knock offs.

Decided to go back to the black coils as well to match the rest of the engine bay. Purchased new from dap as well.

Also put in some black screws for the bfi oil catch can lid and a valve with an elbow for easier cleaning.

Installed the new plugs and coils and I am back to running smooth again. Planning to put the stage 1 and 2 intake piping, and the pedal commander back on but leaving off the npm. Although I feel it wasn’t the cause I just can’t bring myself to chance it again. I am definitely missing it though.
      What brand is the catch can? Engine cover not fit with it installed? Yes Amazon is totally overrun with Chinese knock-off crap to the point where buying anything is a risk... sad days we’ve come to.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      02-24-2020 08:45 AM #6364
      Hit 38K in my 2016 R-Line. I also have a 2003 Jetta that i drive to keep down the miles on the Tig.

Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      02-24-2020 09:05 AM #6365
      What brand is the catch can? Engine cover not fit with it installed? Yes Amazon is totally overrun with Chinese knock-off crap to the point where buying anything is a risk... sad days we’ve come to.

It’s a Black Forest industries catch can. I could cut the engine cover to allow for the catch can hose but I have had it off for 15k miles (just hit 31k miles with the tig). I use amazon for everything but will be sticking to Ecs or dap for future car part orders. I prefer dap just because it’s a 3 day shipping vs a week plus with ecs.

Just saw a video on adding the kessy enabled rear door handle (but it was on a 2019 golf) planning to check with vcds to see if it would be possible in the tig. Anyone else tried this on the tigs? As humble mechanic states it is out of pure laziness but if possible it would be awesome.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Tiguan, Mini
      02-25-2020 09:26 AM #6366
      It’s a Black Forest industries catch can. I could cut the engine cover to allow for the catch can hose but I have had it off for 15k miles (just hit 31k miles with the tig). I use amazon for everything but will be sticking to Ecs or dap for future car part orders. I prefer dap just because it’s a 3 day shipping vs a week plus with ecs.

Just saw a video on adding the kessy enabled rear door handle (but it was on a 2019 golf) planning to check with vcds to see if it would be possible in the tig. Anyone else tried this on the tigs? As humble mechanic states it is out of pure laziness but if possible it would be awesome.
      You can add rear KESSY. A hassle, but would be cool. I may add a hatch popper of some kind if I decide to dig into the Tig like I am the Mini at any point.

Tig hasn't gotten anything. Just a quick front-half interior detail after a beach day with the pup. I think I need a FR wheel bearing and a little bit of bushing R&R though. New England beats the **** out of cars compared to most anywhere else. NJ Turnpike is the only worse place I've found across the entire country.

Mini is getting a tucked engine harness next though.

Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      02-25-2020 09:34 AM #6367
      Quote Originally Posted by Project_2501 View Post
      You can add rear KESSY. A hassle, but would be cool. I may add a hatch popper of some kind if I decide to dig into the Tig like I am the Mini at any point.
      I saw some build your own kits for pretty cheap on eBay but decided to go with an assembled kit from Poland. I ordered it last week and it Cost about $80 total and should receive it in the next week or so. I will post an update after installed.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      Tiguan, Mini
      02-25-2020 09:35 AM #6368
      I saw some build your own kits for pretty cheap on eBay but decided to go with an assembled kit from Poland. I ordered it last week and it Cost about $80 total and should receive it in the next week or so. I will post an update after installed.
      Are you referring to rear-door KESSY or a hatch popper? Either way, sweet! lol

20. 02-25-2020 09:50 AM #6369
      haha.. NJ turnpike isn't that bad! I use to drive down to DC twice a month and NJ TPKE is far from one of the worse roads. Traffic could be bad, but the roads I thought were okay..

Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      02-25-2020 09:54 AM #6370
      Quote Originally Posted by Project_2501 View Post
      Are you referring to rear-door KESSY or a hatch popper? Either way, sweet! lol
      Sorry didn’t clarify. The kit is for the rear hatch popper that works with the fob. Heard about it in Facebook tig group.

The rear door kessy looks to be pretty expensive and labor intensive. Humble mechanic did it on a 19 golf and had to remove seats, interior trim and flooring to get it all wired but that seems to be the hardest part. Wiring looks all pretty straightforward and I think the front door handles can be used for the rears so I’ve been on the look out for someone parting out a tig with kessy.

Here’s a quick video of the part I ordered from Poland.

https://youtu.be/KwgTEc6JZjw

Vehicles
      VW GTI Mk6 CSG 3D :: Tiguan Mk2
      02-25-2020 04:43 PM #6371
      Did plugs and coils today on the mk6 and the tiguan. mk6 got new r8 coilpacks, the old redtops went to the tiguan.

plugs came out looking... worn. ill have to go digging into the previous owner's records to see when the last time these were done.

Mk6 GTI, CSG 6MT with some mods. Mk2 Tiguan that I resist modding impractically.

VAGCOM, in NH, USA...

Vehicles
      02-25-2020 04:46 PM #6372
      also installed blue tinted blind spot sideview mirrors.
      Mk6 GTI, CSG 6MT with some mods. Mk2 Tiguan that I resist modding impractically.

VAGCOM, in NH, USA...

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      02-25-2020 06:30 PM #6373
      Quote Originally Posted by PRZFGHTR View Post
      Did plugs and coils today on the mk6 and the tiguan. mk6 got new r8 coilpacks, the old redtops went to the tiguan.

plugs came out looking... worn. ill have to go digging into the previous owner's records to see when the last time these were done.

I keep a journal in my phone off everything done, that way it's easier to keep track

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      02-25-2020 08:10 PM #6374
      Quote Originally Posted by Roly4Mo View Post
      I keep a journal in my phone off everything done, that way it's easier to keep track

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
      yeah i have something similar, just behind on entering previous owner maintenance stuff.

VAGCOM, in NH, USA...

Page 255 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255