Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    Results 1,401 to 1,411 of 1411

Thread: DrTechy's Turbo Beetle

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      04-27-2019 08:45 AM #1401
      Quote Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
      Did you get the heads flowed before and after mods?
      No, didn't really see the need since I just wanted it built up for strength, didn't have it ported and polished.
      2012 FrankenBeetle.... My thread

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Beetle R-line DSG; 2004 GTO 6spd; 2004 Rav4
      04-27-2019 01:47 PM #1402
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      No, didn't really see the need since I just wanted it built up for strength, didn't have it ported and polished.
      stock camshaft?

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      04-27-2019 02:17 PM #1403
      Quote Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
      stock camshaft?
      Island Sport Works Knife Edge Crank https://store.islandsportworks.com/p...ge-crankshaft/

Full engine build specs are on the first page of this thread, along with all the other modifications to the car.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      05-05-2019 10:18 AM #1404
      Finally got her a full size spare. Good friend of mine helped make the floor to showcase it. Still some more tweaking to get it perfect, plus I'll be adding a little something under the wheel to make it pop, but I'm loving it so far.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      05-06-2019 10:13 AM #1405
      Got it all finished up and added a touch underneath the spare as a little throwback to the keyboard fabric I had everywhere before. Also the gorilla mat is removable and held on by velcro.

7. 05-06-2019 02:37 PM #1406
      Dr.Techy -
      New member here, a bit of a gearhead.
      While our '13 Turbo Convertible is Metallic Reef Blue with Black Leather interior, your hardtop Slate Grey Metallic is a beautiful presentation.
      Your Rim choice sets off its stance particularly well.

Two thumbs up - GREAT LOOKING car.

rob

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      05-06-2019 03:45 PM #1407
      Quote Originally Posted by mainuh18 View Post
      Dr.Techy -
      New member here, a bit of a gearhead.
      While our '13 Turbo Convertible is Metallic Reef Blue with Black Leather interior, your hardtop Slate Grey Metallic is a beautiful presentation.
      Your Rim choice sets off its stance particularly well.

Two thumbs up - GREAT LOOKING car.

rob
      Thanks Rob! Welcome to the Beetle club!

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      05-25-2019 07:37 AM #1408
      So of course with any build you find little things as you drive it that you want to change/fix.

1. Found the oil pan I received from USP earlier last year was actually revised by Wortec due to leaks, and mine began to leak. So I am swapping in their new revision with an oem gasket.

2. New throttle body pipe sits a little too close to the fans for my comfort, so I'm having a bracket added to hold it against the trans more firmly.

3. Having a w/m bung added pre-map to the throttle body in case I decide to go down the w/m route

4. DKM Twin Disc clutch is coming out and Southbend Stage 3 Daily going back in. Really wasn't happy with the DKM. I kept getting stuck in gear and having to kill the engine just to get it out. Did that twice while rolling on the highway, that was fun. Also it wasn't consistent at all, would grab in a different spot constantly, especially in reverse it was terrible. Shop bled it countless times, and all fluid was clear with no bubbles, yet continued to have problems. So bye bye to DKM lol

5. Going to try and fit one of two turbo blankets I got. One is the standard for a gtx2867r but I don't think it'll fit with the manifold that the CTS boss 500 kit uses, so I also got the CTS KO4 turbo blanket from CTS as they think it will fit. So we'll give both those a try.

6. Last but not least, the engine bay temperatures are still very hot, and they always have been with the lack of airflow into the engine bay. So looking into a few vents for the front, depressurization vents for the top of the hood, and a vent to direct air more directly over the oil cooler.

Funny how when you think you've done a huge project and it's almost over, more stuff pops up lol

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      06-12-2019 07:50 PM #1409
      Thanks Rob! Welcome to the Beetle club!
      So of course with any build you find little things as you drive it that you want to change/fix.

1. Found the oil pan I received from USP earlier last year was actually revised by Wortec due to leaks, and mine began to leak. So I am swapping in their new revision with an oem gasket.

2. New throttle body pipe sits a little too close to the fans for my comfort, so I'm having a bracket added to hold it against the trans more firmly.

3. Having a w/m bung added pre-map to the throttle body in case I decide to go down the w/m route

4. DKM Twin Disc clutch is coming out and Southbend Stage 3 Daily going back in. Really wasn't happy with the DKM. I kept getting stuck in gear and having to kill the engine just to get it out. Did that twice while rolling on the highway, that was fun. Also it wasn't consistent at all, would grab in a different spot constantly, especially in reverse it was terrible. Shop bled it countless times, and all fluid was clear with no bubbles, yet continued to have problems. So bye bye to DKM lol

5. Going to try and fit one of two turbo blankets I got. One is the standard for a gtx2867r but I don't think it'll fit with the manifold that the CTS boss 500 kit uses, so I also got the CTS KO4 turbo blanket from CTS as they think it will fit. So we'll give both those a try.

6. Last but not least, the engine bay temperatures are still very hot, and they always have been with the lack of airflow into the engine bay. So looking into a few vents for the front, depressurization vents for the top of the hood, and a vent to direct air more directly over the oil cooler.

Funny how when you think you've done a huge project and it's almost over, more stuff pops up lol
      Got everything done except for number 6. Just going to hold off on chopping up my hood for now lol

Also the CTS KO4 blanket fit perfect over the CTS Boss 500 kit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. Member
      Vehicles
      17 GTI S, 17 Beetle S Convertible (wife's)
      06-13-2019 12:44 AM #1410
      Perhaps the bumper from the Dune Beetle with the front venting would help with the underhood temps.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 FrankenBeetle
      06-13-2019 11:55 AM #1411
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
      Perhaps the bumper from the Dune Beetle with the front venting would help with the underhood temps.

I love the Dune bumper, and I'm sure that would help slightly, but the issue still remains getting the hot air out, so a cut in the hood would still have to happen. At the same time, converting to that bumper would involve side skirts as well and a ton of paint. It's just too much to get extra air when I can just start cutting lol

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657