VWVortex.com - I did it!! Cruise Control on my 2011 S!!!!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 67

    Thread: I did it!! Cruise Control on my 2011 S!!!!

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      09-18-2012 06:40 PM #1
      Yes I know there are like 6 threads on this topic ans they all end in the same place, a dead end!
      Your ability to do this retrofit depends on your car's BCM version! Please see this list here. If your car supports the CCS ie. ***-937-087-*** through ***-937-089-*** Then you are ready to do the installation.

      Despite being told by numerous VW employees that adding the cruise control was not possible or that doing so would require $1,400+ in modules and wiring, they were all wrong thus proving VW employees do not know anything about their own product.

      You will need three things to complete this retrofit:
      1. Vag-Com cable
      2. Wiper stalk with Cruise Control buttons
      3. Cruise Control Harness


      The harness essentially connects the switch (on the stalk) to the BCM (Central Control Module as some call it). I think it would also depend on which switch you purchased as I am not sure if the car can tell what version you have.

      The connections are pretty simple.

      All of the cruise control connections on the switch side are going to be made here on the 16 pin connector shown here. The 94 pin plug for the ECU is not labeled very well, 56 is black and 57 is red/grey, so you have a reference point.



      As far as the connections go this only applies to the S.

      16/2──┬──73B/45
      16/4──┴──94/65 (J623) ECU
      16/3─────73B/47
      16/5─────73B/46
      16/6─────73B/44

      Anyone interested please feel free to PM me if you want info on the harness. I made my own harness but after doing some research it would appear that this harness may work too but I am not 100% on that.

      Please use this https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...cruise+control--->>GUIDE
      Last edited by Verebs1; 02-15-2017 at 11:10 AM.

    2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
    3. Member vadimr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 21st, 2012
      Location
      Monmouth County, NJ
      Posts
      791
      Vehicles
      2012 jetta GLI
      09-18-2012 06:51 PM #2
      nice good job

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      1,229
      Vehicles
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Mom's)
      09-18-2012 07:55 PM #3
      Video won't open?



      -Einsteinjs

      Sent from my iPad
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T Silk Blue Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Mom's); 2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT Black (Gone); 2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Gone); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone); 1999 Infiniti QX4 Gold (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      09-18-2012 08:06 PM #4
      Fixed

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      1,229
      Vehicles
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Mom's)
      09-18-2012 08:13 PM #5
      Awesome! Great job!


      -Einsteinjs

      Sent from my iPad
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T Silk Blue Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Mom's); 2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT Black (Gone); 2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Gone); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone); 1999 Infiniti QX4 Gold (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    7. Member Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2009
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      4,625
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      09-18-2012 10:04 PM #6
      you're the man Steven. Keep it up.

    8. Member HD9280's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA.
      Posts
      1,823
      Vehicles
      14 CC R-LINE, 14 Tiguan R-Line, 12 Golf R
      09-18-2012 11:40 PM #7
      not wearing seat belt?

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      1,229
      Vehicles
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Mom's)
      09-18-2012 11:42 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by HD9280 View Post
      not wearing seat belt?
      Haha!


      -Einsteinjs

      Sent from my iPad
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T Silk Blue Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Mom's); 2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT Black (Gone); 2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Gone); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone); 1999 Infiniti QX4 Gold (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      09-18-2012 11:43 PM #9
      I always do, it was the laptop on passenger seat

    11. Member HD9280's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA.
      Posts
      1,823
      Vehicles
      14 CC R-LINE, 14 Tiguan R-Line, 12 Golf R
      09-18-2012 11:48 PM #10

    12. Junior Member 60bus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2012
      Location
      Ames, Iowa
      Posts
      28
      Vehicles
      CW 2011 Jetta S manual, 1976 BMW 2002
      09-19-2012 12:01 AM #11
      This is very cool! Great work. A write-up following?

      Any good way to tell which module I have?

      Thanks
      Last edited by 60bus; 09-19-2012 at 12:10 AM.

    13. Member EuRoGTI86's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2008
      Location
      LongIsland, NY
      Posts
      5,284
      Vehicles
      12' Jetta S, 95' Passat GLX, 93' Corrado SLC
      09-19-2012 05:49 AM #12
      Nice flip flops Steven.....
      R.I.P. Allen A.K.A. vr6inside98. 89'-11' I LOVE YOU MAN
      Tri state area. VAG-COM (VCDS) Scans/Mods available (HEX+CAN)/Suspension install available/Fender rolling available. Send me a PM for pricing!
      Instagram- @mr_toffee

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      09-19-2012 08:12 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by EuRoGTI86 View Post
      Nice flip flops Steven.....
      I actually wasnt wearing any LOL

    15. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2012
      Posts
      12
      Vehicles
      2002 Jetta GLS 2013 Jetta S
      09-26-2012 11:57 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Verebs1 View Post
      Yes I know there are like 6 threads on this topic ans they all end in the same place, a dead end!
      Your ability to do this retrofit depends on your car's BCM version! Please see this list here. If your car supports the CCS ie. ***-937-087-*** through ***-937-089-*** Then you are ready to do the installation.

      Despite being told by numerous VW employees that adding the cruise control was not possible or that doing so would require $1,400+ in modules and wiring, they were all wrong thus proving VW employees do not know anything about their own product.

      You will need three things to complete this retrofit:
      1. Vag-Com cable
      2. Wiper stalk with Cruise Control buttons
      3. Cruise Control Harness

      Anyone interested please feel free to PM me. I made my own harness but after doing some research it would appear that this harness may work too but I am not 100% on that.

      I have a 937 086 module and my cruise works just fine.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      09-26-2012 12:15 PM #15
      Yeah, as long as the module has the proper pins in place then it will work.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      10-01-2012 09:25 AM #16
      I'll bump this up so n00bs get to see.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2012
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      1,229
      Vehicles
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T (Mom's)
      10-03-2012 09:32 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Verebs1 View Post
      I'll bump this up so n00bs get to see.
      They should post this in the DIY Sticky so it doesn't get lost. lol
      2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T Silk Blue Metallic (Current); 2007 VW Eos 2.0T White Gold Metallic (Mom's); 2013 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT Black (Gone); 2009 VW Passat 2.0T Gray Metallic (Gone); 2011 VW Jetta 2.0 Black (Gone); 1999 Infiniti QX4 Gold (Gone)
      My Instagram: @einsteinjs

    19. n00b HEC@RI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2012
      Location
      Cancun Mexico
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2011 VW JETTA SE (Mexico Market: Style Active) / GOLF MK7 TSI 1.4 TURBO / NEW TIGUAN
      11-27-2012 08:37 PM #18
      Hello EXCELLENT WORK, I have a couple of questions:

      in my case I have a jetta (Mexico Market) like yours but with sunroof. in fact I already install a MFSW and everything works great.

      Now I want to install the CCS and like you I`ll gone build my own harness but I have doubts on the part of the connection, The 94 pin plug for the ECU, I really do not know where this connector is located.

      Which number is the stalk part you used?

      by the lines you used to refer to the connections seems to be a bridge or a fuse between pins 2 and 4 is this correct?

      Ok, This is what I have in my car:

      The pin 16/2 is already wired and I have no idea to where it ends, probably to 73b/45, don`t know
      The version of my BCM is 5C0 937 087 A, which I think qualifies for this retrofit

      I would appreciate your help, from everything I've read you're the best solved this retrofit

      thanks in advance.

    20. Member JPCanadian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2011
      Location
      N.S.
      Posts
      158
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta, 2001 B-Series
      12-26-2012 01:50 AM #19
      Think it would be any different for someone with a manual transmission?!

    21. Member JPCanadian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2011
      Location
      N.S.
      Posts
      158
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta, 2001 B-Series
      12-26-2012 01:53 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by JPCanadian View Post
      Think it would be any different for someone with a manual transmission?!
      Also Verebs1, where did you buy your control stalk?

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      12-29-2012 04:48 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Hello EXCELLENT WORK, I have a couple of questions:

      in my case I have a jetta (Mexico Market) like yours but with sunroof. in fact I already install a MFSW and everything works great.

      Now I want to install the CCS and like you I`ll gone build my own harness but I have doubts on the part of the connection, The 94 pin plug for the ECU, I really do not know where this connector is located.

      Which number is the stalk part you used?

      by the lines you used to refer to the connections seems to be a bridge or a fuse between pins 2 and 4 is this correct?

      Ok, This is what I have in my car:

      The pin 16/2 is already wired and I have no idea to where it ends, probably to 73b/45, don`t know
      The version of my BCM is 5C0 937 087 A, which I think qualifies for this retrofit

      I would appreciate your help, from everything I've read you're the best solved this retrofit

      thanks in advance.
      The 94 pin connector is under the engine fuse box cover, of the two it is the bigger one.
      Pin 4 and 2 are connected together. I just wired the two together at the stalk and ran a single wire to the BCM and connected another wire to it about 12" before the BCM and ran that to the ecu.

      Quote Originally Posted by JPCanadian View Post
      Think it would be any different for someone with a manual transmission?!
      No it should be the same as long as you have an S. The brake and clutch should be already wired properly as kill switches for the Cruise.
      Quote Originally Posted by JPCanadian View Post
      Also Verebs1, where did you buy your control stalk?
      I got mine from ebay, actually purchased without knowing the P/N they were selling.
      Last edited by Verebs1; 12-29-2012 at 04:51 PM.

    23. Member JPCanadian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2011
      Location
      N.S.
      Posts
      158
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta, 2001 B-Series
      12-29-2012 10:25 PM #22
      thanks pal!

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      12-30-2012 10:31 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by JPCanadian View Post
      thanks pal!
      If you need a guy I have a link for one on ebay, they want 140 for it, the and the entire column+ wheel - bag. (high IMO)

      I will check the P/N on mine right now.

      There are a few #'s that are good to use, some are the style with only the Cruise stalk and others have the cruise and trip stalk. I actually took a spare apart and discovered that all of the stalks are the exact same base just with added wires and buttons depending on the config.


    25. n00b HEC@RI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 6th, 2012
      Location
      Cancun Mexico
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2011 VW JETTA SE (Mexico Market: Style Active) / GOLF MK7 TSI 1.4 TURBO / NEW TIGUAN
      12-30-2012 12:00 PM #24
      Thank you very much for the info, just yesterday Install the CCS but nothing happens and the power indicator does not turn ccs.

      I made all the connections as you indicate in your post, but I still doubt the pin 65 on the ecu, I felt that the cable does not fit.

      I bought the cruise stalk + 5C5953513G 9B9 and it cost me $ 560.00mxp (45usd) at the dealer. I think that here in Mexico is cheaper spare parts

      And I read that you have to modify the byte 18, but there is a warning in the vagcom it says it can be dangerous what do you think?

      "After installing the wires J519 coding needs to be changed and the ecm needs to be activated for cruise. The fourth bit in the J519 coding goes from 18 to 9A and the eighteenth bit goes from 42 to C2. J51"

      I gone re check all the connections and see what happens?

      Thanks in advance

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Seymour, CT
      Posts
      4,909
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta S
      12-30-2012 02:19 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Thank you very much for the info, just yesterday Install the CCS but nothing happens and the power indicator does not turn ccs.

      I made all the connections as you indicate in your post, but I still doubt the pin 65 on the ecu, I felt that the cable does not fit.

      I bought the cruise stalk + 5C5953513G 9B9 and it cost me $ 560.00mxp (45usd) at the dealer. I think that here in Mexico is cheaper spare parts

      And I read that you have to modify the byte 18, but there is a warning in the vagcom it says it can be dangerous what do you think?

      "After installing the wires J519 coding needs to be changed and the ecm needs to be activated for cruise. The fourth bit in the J519 coding goes from 18 to 9A and the eighteenth bit goes from 42 to C2. J51"

      I gone re check all the connections and see what happens?

      Thanks in advance
      The wire you need for the install is not the standard pin used in the stalk it is special ECU pin 000979030

      You need to check the CSS installed bit under the 09 Cent Elec. and under Engine you need to change the coding to add the CSS, in vcds the instructions tell you what number to change the engine coding to. Also engine can not be running while making change.

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •