Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FourWord: Grand-Am & American Sportscar Racing Going Forward

1. Member
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      10-11-2012 02:06 PM #1

I just posted a new op/ed column to our front page. Basically it covers where GRAND-AM/ALMS should go moving forward. There's a good piece today on AutoExtremist on this topic and there was another interesting interview with Joest's Ralf Juttner on SPEED earlier in the week. Both are linked in my story. Let me know what you think.

http://fourtitude.com/features/Colum...going-forward/
      Thanks to Arin Ahnell of APR for the awesome cover art, and also to GMG and AudiStyle Racing for the support materials.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 11-18-2012 01:12 PM #2
      ALMS and Grand-Am merging while being great for fans, teams, drivers and sponsors. It will be really hard to find the right formula. We already know that LMP2 and Daytona Prototypes will form a single class balancing the performances of the two types of cars. LMPC will be dropped as well.

But the problem is GT. GTE will be kept as it is now. So the big question mark, what about the Rolex Series classes, GT and GTX (new for 2013)? What about the R8 GRAND-AM? It will be disastrous for a team like APR or any other Audi customer team to be told sorry your car is no more legal.

4. Member
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      11-19-2012 10:22 AM #3
      As I understand it, it's relatively easy to convert an R8 GRAND-AM to GT3 spec.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 01-02-2013 10:18 AM #4
      hiii...
      I not able to give the right answer for the above question.
      So please concert with your friends and your colleges.
      sorry for that....
      Top Ten Classified website

7. 02-05-2013 12:59 AM #5
      I am really appreciate to looks this nice cars. There are many auto company which is provided a different types of sport cars in America. The Corvette appears to have habitually held the limelight in the eyes of the sports-car-fraternity in America.

8. 01-08-2020 01:05 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by bobblly88 View Post
      hiii...
      I not able to give the right answer for the above question.
      So please concert with your friends and your colleges.
      sorry for that....
      It will be really hard to find the right formula. We already know that LMP2 and Daytona Prototypes will form a single class balancing the performances of the two types of cars. LMPC will be dropped as well.