VWVortex.com - What did you do to your B7 today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 373 of 376 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376 LastLast
    Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 9396

Thread: What did you do to your B7 today?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Volkswagen Passat r-line/technology
      09-20-2019 09:21 PM #9301
      Quote Originally Posted by SoLo2pointO View Post
      Installed the OEM R-Line steering wheel insert.

Where did you get it from? I’ve been looking and searching for this for my Passat r and it seems to not exist. What’s the link and the part number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      ‘16 Passat SE TSI w/ tech & lighting
      09-21-2019 11:17 AM #9302
      I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s from the golf r
      |’16 Passat B7 NMS SE TSI w/ tech & lighting| 1.8t gen 3: ECS Intake, charge/discharge pipes, CTS turbo muffler delete, rs8 plugs/coils, Remus Responder, JB1, VCDS

Vehicles
      2016 Passat SEL TDI (2), GLI 2007 OEM+++
      09-21-2019 11:30 AM #9303
      I believe is 1S0 419 685 M

OEM+ FTW

5. Member
      Vehicles
      1988 GLI 1.8 16V, 1992 GTI 2.0 16V, 2006 Audi A3 2.0T, 2015 GTI
      09-21-2019 08:12 PM #9304
      Started off with replacing all interiror light with LEDs along with fogs and back up lights.

Had the car tinted 35% front 5% rear

Installed rear foot well lights and rear door lights

Installed usb hub and wireless charging phone mount.

Started sound system install and finished phase 1. Phase 2 is subwoofer and amp, Alternator and some other goodies.
      After I install the sub and third amp ill be making a panel that goes over all the wires and only shows the faces of the amps.

SOUND SYSTEM SPECS
      Kenwood excelon DMX906S with maestro RR
      Kenwood dash cam DRV-N520
      Front speakers- ARC Audio Black Series 6.3
      Front speakers amp- ARC Audio 1200.6
      Rear speakers- ARC Audio ARC Series 6.2
      Rear speakers amp- ARC Audio 600.4
      (As a place Holder) Rockford Fosgate Punch P300 12in

A ton of work was done to the dash and grill to get these tweeters to fit in the dash, the fender tweeter is so small.

Was able to get the usb to work in factory location with only modification to the cable.

Custom speaker mounts and roadkill ultimate install, on outer door skin and inner.

I was able to retain the spare tire, although getting to it is some work, after removing the foam, the board is able to slide forward to get access to the spare.

Big Turbo MK7 GTI - Built Engine - Full E85 - 640whp

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE 5spd
      09-21-2019 08:54 PM #9305
      installed new brake rotors, ceramic pads and H&R 24mm RSB:

7. Member
      Vehicles
      09-21-2019 10:38 PM #9306
      Quote Originally Posted by gtimaneg View Post
      Started off with replacing all interiror light with LEDs along with fogs and back up lights.

Started sound system install and finished phase 1. Phase 2 is subwoofer and amp, Alternator and some other goodies.
      After I install the sub and third amp ill be making a panel that goes over all the wires and only shows the faces of the amps.

SOUND SYSTEM SPECS

A ton of work was done to the dash and grill to get these tweeters to fit in the dash, the fender tweeter is so small.

Was able to get the usb to work in factory location with only modification to the cable.

Custom speaker mounts and roadkill ultimate install, on outer door skin and inner.

I was able to retain the spare tire, although getting to it is some work, after removing the foam, the board is able to slide forward to get access to the spare.

Do the rear footwell lights install into the bottom of the seat? Did you have to modify anything our is the spot already there?
      |’16 Passat B7 NMS SE TSI w/ tech & lighting| 1.8t gen 3: ECS Intake, charge/discharge pipes, CTS turbo muffler delete, rs8 plugs/coils, Remus Responder, JB1, VCDS

8. Member
      Vehicles
      09-22-2019 02:28 PM #9307

Now it matches my steering wheel

9. Member
      Vehicles
      09-22-2019 03:40 PM #9308
      Quote Originally Posted by Swiggles View Post
      Do the rear footwell lights install into the bottom of the seat? Did you have to modify anything our is the spot already there?
      Yes there is a hole in the frame already no modification needed.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Passat
      09-22-2019 08:22 PM #9309
      Did a drain and fill 2-QTs on the triptonic tranny for the Passat. Seems to have fixed my abrupt up / down shifts issues. Fluid was as dark as engine oil. 41K on the ODO.
      LS2 GTO
      AP2 S2000
      SN95 Cobra
      Buell 1125 CR

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Passat
      09-22-2019 08:22 PM #9310
      what alternator option are you looking at?

The install looks clean!
      LS2 GTO
      AP2 S2000
      SN95 Cobra
      Buell 1125 CR

Vehicles
      2017 Passat SEL Prem, 2014 VW Beetle TDI-DSG, 2017 Audi A3 2.0T Q
      09-23-2019 11:23 AM #9311

Was wondering if your rear door puddle lights required coding to get working. Some of the earlier doors puddle lights didn't plug and play and required tapping into the micro switch of the door to complete the circuit. However that means it didn't dim like the front doors.

Thanks.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Volkswagen Passat r-line/technology
      09-23-2019 02:04 PM #9312

SOUND SYSTEM SPECS

How did you wire the rear foot lights to come on with the door open and to fade out when the door closes? I am trying to add door lights to my 17 Passat r that didn’t come with them.

14. Junior Member sadheartofmine's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat SE
      09-23-2019 05:29 PM #9313
      Quote Originally Posted by dimafp View Post
      installed new brake rotors, ceramic pads and H&R 24mm RSB:
      How are they? I've been looking at new rotors and pads. Don't need them *yet*, but getting them when I need them in 7k miles or so.
      I had the mechanic check and he said my pads are at an 8. Not sure 8 of what; I'm assuming a scale of 10. Haha. But my lady has new pads and I can tell a big difference.
      Plus mine are having the classic VW squeak. Haha. R1 is having a 20% off summer sale right now, too.
      Mine: 2013 Passat SE
      Her's: 2012 Passat SE

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE 5spd
      09-23-2019 05:52 PM #9314
      Quote Originally Posted by sadheartofmine View Post
      How are they? I've been looking at new rotors and pads. Don't need them *yet*, but getting them when I need them in 7k miles or so.
      I had the mechanic check and he said my pads are at an 8. Not sure 8 of what; I'm assuming a scale of 10. Haha. But my lady has new pads and I can tell a big difference.
      Plus mine are having the classic VW squeak. Haha. R1 is having a 20% off summer sale right now, too.
      my brakes were pretty worn out back when I picked up the car 6 mths ago, obviously 12k miles later it was time to change them, I looked in to Brake Performance rotors and Akibono pads first as I used them before with success but the price was little more than I wanted to spend, so I started to look around and I found R1 kits for very reasonable price (little tip for you: not exactly sure why but I was able to get my kit cheaper through Amazon vs. on R1 site with discount! (maybe it was 10% discount then don't remember exactly but it was about 2 weeks ago)) the reviews seems good as well!
      I only drove probably 10 miles with new brakes (I had to drop off my car at different shop for another work) but it definitely felt much, much better vs my old brakes!

16. Junior Member sadheartofmine's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat SE
      09-23-2019 06:09 PM #9315
      Quote Originally Posted by dimafp View Post
      my brakes were pretty worn out back when I picked up the car 6 mths ago, obviously 12k miles later it was time to change them, I looked in to Brake Performance rotors and Akibono pads first as I used them before with success but the price was little more than I wanted to spend, so I started to look around and I found R1 kits for very reasonable price (little tip for you: not exactly sure why but I was able to get my kit cheaper through Amazon vs. on R1 site with discount! (maybe it was 10% discount then don't remember exactly but it was about 2 weeks ago)) the reviews seems good as well!
      I only drove probably 10 miles with new brakes (I had to drop off my car at different shop for another work) but it definitely felt much, much better vs my old brakes!
      I just ordered the R1 drilled set, ceramic pads, and hardware for $232. So not bad at all. About the same price as Amazon with the current sale they have going on (thanks for the tip to check Amazon).
      Did you do the installation yourself or had a shop do it? Thanks for the reply. : )

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE 5spd
      09-23-2019 06:13 PM #9316
      I just ordered the R1 drilled set, ceramic pads, and hardware for $232. So not bad at all. About the same price as Amazon with the current sale they have going on (thanks for the tip to check Amazon).
      Did you do the installation yourself or had a shop do it? Thanks for the reply. : )
      great price especially including hardware! I had my mechanic do it as I wanted to install RSB at the same time, I don't have my own place where I could get it done, paid about $200 to install everything.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      09-24-2019 12:14 AM #9317
      Quote Originally Posted by puredrive View Post
      what alternator option are you looking at?

The install looks clean!
      Thank you. I have a MechMan 370A on the way. Ill be running 2/0 wire from the alternator to the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogibearal View Post
      Was wondering if your rear door puddle lights required coding to get working. Some of the earlier doors puddle lights didn't plug and play and required tapping into the micro switch of the door to complete the circuit. However that means it didn't dim like the front doors.
      I did just tap into the door latch ground, to my knowledge the door lights do not dim, unless you are talking about the foot lights. If so, I ran a harness from the front light to the rear, see link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Puphayden851 View Post
      How did you wire the rear foot lights to come on with the door open and to fade out when the door closes? I am trying to add door lights to my 17 Passat r that didn’t come with them.
      I used this kit that piggy backs off the fronts, super simple.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3287...54064c4dWtdt6N

Vehicles
      09-24-2019 12:54 PM #9318
      Thank you. I have a MechMan 370A on the way. Ill be running 2/0 wire from the alternator to the battery.

I did just tap into the door latch ground, to my knowledge the door lights do not dim, unless you are talking about the foot lights. If so, I ran a harness from the front light to the rear, see link below.

I used this kit that piggy backs off the fronts, super simple.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3287...54064c4dWtdt6N
      Yes OK - So the door latch micro switch seems to be the main way folks have gotten it to work. I'm not giving up on the coding of the slave module though. Maybe get the updated slave door module from China Yes the door puddle lights if coded to factory should fade away after a period of time the door is left open, just like the fronts.

I already have the rear footwell lights, tapped in, but instead of the factory tapping from the right and running the left one in serial, I tapped to both left and right fronts to their respective rears.

Vehicles
      '17 NMS R-Line
      09-24-2019 10:27 PM #9319
      Quote Originally Posted by Puphayden851 View Post
      Where did you get it from? I’ve been looking and searching for this for my Passat r and it seems to not exist. What’s the link and the part number?

Part Number 3QF-419-685-ICL. I believe the PN comes up as an R-Line Tiguan and/or Atlas. Same steering wheel, fitment is universal on that style flat bottom wheel.
      Turn down for what?

21. Member
      Vehicles
      09-25-2019 09:09 AM #9320
      Quote Originally Posted by Yogibearal View Post
      Yes OK - So the door latch micro switch seems to be the main way folks have gotten it to work. I'm not giving up on the coding of the slave module though. Maybe get the updated slave door module from China Yes the door puddle lights if coded to factory should fade away after a period of time the door is left open, just like the fronts.

I already have the rear footwell lights, tapped in, but instead of the factory tapping from the right and running the left one in serial, I tapped to both left and right fronts to their respective rears.
      Did you have to do any coding for the rear light? Or do they just come on with fronts since they are wired to the fronts?

22. Junior Member sadheartofmine's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat SE
      09-26-2019 12:28 PM #9321
      Installed the RCD330 and gave her a wash.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW Passat Limited
      09-26-2019 02:39 PM #9322
      Installed the RCD330 and gave her a wash.

Good job. Don't forget to disable the stock bluetooth module on the passenger side if you have one.

24. Junior Member sadheartofmine's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat SE
      09-26-2019 02:42 PM #9323
      Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
      Good job. Don't forget to disable the stock bluetooth module on the passenger side if you have one.
      Ah. Thanks for the reminder! Does this unit have it built in and supersedes the passenger side one?

Vehicles
      09-26-2019 02:43 PM #9324
      Quote Originally Posted by Swiggles View Post
      Did you have to do any coding for the rear light? Or do they just come on with fronts since they are wired to the fronts?
      No coding required for the rear footwell lights. They just come on and fade away just like the fronts since it is just piggy backed onto the front lights and not controlled separately through control module like the rear door puddle lights.

If your asking about the rear door puddle lights - no one seemed to have gotten them to work plugged into the rear door module. If it is to work through the rear door modules, it would require coding of the rear door slave module.
      Last edited by Yogibearal; 09-26-2019 at 02:46 PM.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW Passat Limited
      09-26-2019 02:44 PM #9325
      yes, the RCD 330 has built-in bluetooth and microphone. I didn't disable the stock one at first and my phone kept connecting to both at same time. Do you have backup camera?

Page 373 of 376 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376 LastLast