1. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      01-22-2019 11:32 PM #168226
      Quote Originally Posted by Just another GTI View Post
      Do you have butterflies yet?
      Nah, it's exciting though!

I'm bored and looking at E46 parts.

I started with a cup kit comprised of Koni struts/shocks and H&R springs - $660. Then I was like well, I might as well look at sway bars, so that's an additional $297.

I should look at how much performance rotors and pads are.... $771.

Oh, and what about an intake, just for a little bit of sound... Everything looks tacky... Oh look, BMW M Performance intake, that looks nice... $813.

And I'm done with ECS for the night.

Managed to leave the site without spending a dime. Great success!
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Vehicles
      GTI Sport 6M
      01-22-2019 11:48 PM #168227
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Nah, it's exciting though!

I'm bored and looking at E46 parts.

I started with a cup kit comprised of Koni struts/shocks and H&R springs - $660. Then I was like well, I might as well look at sway bars, so that's an additional $297.

I should look at how much performance rotors and pads are.... $771.

Oh, and what about an intake, just for a little bit of sound... Everything looks tacky... Oh look, BMW M Performance intake, that looks nice... $813.

And I'm done with ECS for the night.

Managed to leave the site without spending a dime. Great success!

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I'd probably would be excited but also a nervous wreck.

4. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      01-23-2019 12:00 AM #168228

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I'd probably would be excited but also a nervous wreck.
      Well nothing happens tomorrow, the C-Section is scheduled for Thursday, not Wednesday.

My parents are going to keep our daughter Wednesday night because we have to check into hospital at 5:30 AM on Thursday morning.
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

5. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Vehicles
      GTI Sport 6M
      01-23-2019 12:08 AM #168229
      Well nothing happens tomorrow, the C-Section is scheduled for Thursday, not Wednesday.

My parents are going to keep our daughter Wednesday night because we have to check into hospital at 5:30 AM on Thursday morning.
      That's right. It's hard to keep track what day it is since I'm on vacation.

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      01-23-2019 05:49 AM #168230
      That's right. It's hard to keep track what day it is since I'm on vacation.
      I made that mistake once. It was during my 18 month vacation between careers.

I was up with Mrs McMike as she was getting ready to leave to work, and I was discussing our evening. What I was going to make for dinner, if one of her TV shows was on that night so I could time it right, etc... Unlike Mrs McMike, I'm wide awake and talking immediately, no warm up required.

When I was discussing dinner and the timing at 6:30am, I made the mistake of asking.. "It's... Wednesday, right? OK, so that means your show isn't on unt...."

She looked away from the bathroom mirror and said. "Don't you EVER ask me what day it is."

Vehicles
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      01-23-2019 07:11 AM #168231

A one day reprieve. Catch your breath. And stay off of ECS if you're bored. That will lead down an expensive rabbit hole.
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

Vehicles
      01-23-2019 07:19 AM #168232
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      She looked away from the bathroom mirror and said. "Don't you EVER ask me what day it is."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "

Vehicles
      '18 RCSB EB F150
      01-23-2019 07:30 AM #168233
      I flushed a sock last night against my will.

Seriously.
      Was flicking my socks off in a stupid fashion, and one went right for the toilet.
      I dove to grab it, but instead just had to grab something to keep from face planting in the toilet.
      Unfortunately I put my hand where the flusher lever is.. and watched in disbelief as my sock flushed down the toilet.
      That was a good sock.

I read many years ago some hypothesis that your luck throughout your life must all cancel out for the balance.
      You live a very lucky life and get hit by a meteorite, you win the lottery and then have a decade of terrible luck.
      I've actually had quite good luck mostly... makes me nervous about meteorites.

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      01-23-2019 07:59 AM #168234
      Finalized the suspension at 21.45 last night.

The two yo-yos who put it together last time managed to destroy both strut bearings. We got new ones and a new spring compressor and now have gained 0.5" of ride height.

Today the car gets vinyl, a new light bar, and loaded into the trailer and driven north. I leave at about 15.30 and head north.

Very aggravated that I cannot find my NA Garmin unit.

edit - spouse is off today and useful. He found the damn Garmin! Let the uploading of tracks begin!
      Last edited by atomicalex; 01-23-2019 at 08:47 AM.
      たくさんとうふ、よ Where did all these damn Toyotas come from?
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

11. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '18 RCSB EB F150
      01-23-2019 08:01 AM #168235
      Who still uses Garmin GPS?

Vehicles
      2 Manuel Turbo Wagons... One is incredibly slow.
      01-23-2019 08:23 AM #168236
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      We have a Garmin in every vehicle. They are used rarely, but when they are... We're usually outside cell range in the middle of a forest.

Google Maps offline content is a crap shoot. Sometimes it won't route, or re-route without a cell signal.
      I keep up with traffic with only 90 hp. What's your superpower?
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI, 200k - 2007 Fuji Heavy Industries WRB WRX Wagon, 115k
      Past: 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6 - 1985 Golf 1.8L - No Trim Level Edition

Grammatical and spelling errors may be intentional

13. 01-23-2019 08:38 AM #168237
      Garmin 51 Drive Assist w/built in dash cam.
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Picard, Hide and Q
      What he might say with irony, I say with conviction. What a piece of work is man, How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, In form and moving how express and admirable, In action how like an Angel, In apprehension how like a god!

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      01-23-2019 08:48 AM #168238
      I have a garmin with lifetime maps/traffic in the car as a backup. I bring it in the house to update a few times a year.
      iain

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      01-23-2019 08:48 AM #168239
      For rallye, it's golden. I'll run it during recce to grab the tracks and then add notes, waypoints, etc so we have additional detail during the stages.
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

Vehicles
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      01-23-2019 08:48 AM #168240
      Daytona tomorrrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

Vehicles
      7 Speed RGASM
      01-23-2019 08:56 AM #168241
      Tonight was last night we have our daughter alone.

My parents will pick her up from daycare tomorrow afternoon, and then we go to hospital at 5:30 AM on Thursday morning. Next time Elaina sees us she'll meet her little brother.

Oh boy.
      ****'s getting real.

Good luck tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      A one day reprieve. Catch your breath. And stay off of ECS if you're bored. That will lead down an expensive rabbit hole.
      Yeah - so many things I want to buy for the car....

Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post

The two yo-yos who put it together last time managed to destroy both strut bearings. We got new ones and a new spring compressor and now have gained 0.5" of ride height.

Today the car gets vinyl, a new light bar, and loaded into the trailer and driven north. I leave at about 15.30 and head north.

edit - spouse is off today and useful. He found the damn Garmin! Let the uploading of tracks begin!
      Good luck, drive safe, and have a fantastic time.
      2018 Golf R - mine, mine, all mine.
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

Vehicles
      01-23-2019 09:28 AM #168242

It's always the last minute bullcrap that will make or break the event. Glad you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      We have a Garmin in every vehicle. They are used rarely, but when they are... We're usually outside cell range in the middle of a forest.

Google Maps offline content is a crap shoot. Sometimes it won't route, or re-route without a cell signal.
      We've had decent luck with Google Maps offline, but mostly for general nav and routing. Updating the maps frequently is a PITA, because, personally, I don't think there are significant changes in 90 days (or whatever) that constitutes the reload. What if I'm good with an older map? It's just Google's way of staying involved with your life whether you like it or not.

For rallye, it's golden. I'll run it during recce to grab the tracks and then add notes, waypoints, etc so we have additional detail during the stages.
      I have a handheld Garmin 60CSx that we load road maps, waypoints, points of interest, etc. It's great for camping, hiking, and a backup to our phones or Maps offline, and we can add forest service maps and topo maps if we're off the beaten path or on small backroads. It's been a great device for the 12 or 13 years we've had it. That said, it's way easier to do all your routing ahead of time on a computer and load it to the device. Navigating the device input, like for an address, is more complicated and arduous than it reasonably should be. It's not intended to be an automotive nav unit, though, with the small screen and fiddly inputs.

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      01-23-2019 09:55 AM #168243

Seriously.
      Was flicking my socks off in a stupid fashion, and one went right for the toilet.
      I dove to grab it, but instead just had to grab something to keep from face planting in the toilet.
      Unfortunately I put my hand where the flusher lever is.. and watched in disbelief as my sock flushed down the toilet.
      That was a good sock.

I read many years ago some hypothesis that your luck throughout your life must all cancel out for the balance.
      You live a very lucky life and get hit by a meteorite, you win the lottery and then have a decade of terrible luck.
      I've actually had quite good luck mostly... makes me nervous about meteorites.
      Flush the other one right away. They need to stay together.

Vehicles
      2017 GTI
      01-23-2019 09:57 AM #168244
      Hopefully you'll never see that sock again.

21. Member Disgruntled Ziemniak's Avatar
      Vehicles
      337 GTI
      01-23-2019 10:05 AM #168245
      Quote Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
      Hopefully you'll never see that sock again.
      The cruelest insult known to man:
      "I hope you step in a puddle with socks on"
      Your favorite Ziemniak, hold the gravy.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer
      "Seriously? Are we not doing phrasing anymore?"
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      "Triple Dog Dare You" has been replaced with "I'm going to butt-f**k your mom right in the ass cooch."
      Because kids are dumb.

Vehicles
      2015 Passat "Limited Edition"
      01-23-2019 10:13 AM #168246
      Traveled all day yesterday through CT and Westchester County, NY. The first 50 miles were horrible until I was able to stop at a rest area and reach my gloved hand inside the rims to remove the packed snow.

Saw this in Waterbury, CT:

[IMG]Oops by , on Flickr[/IMG]

Truck full of Kirkland paper towels. Someone ain't getting paid for that load.

We donated our 19 YO Odyssey yesterday to the local PBS station. Bye Bye Taffeta, you gave us joy - thank you:

[IMG]Bye Bye Tafetta by , on Flickr[/IMG]

My wife works for the non-profit parent company of some of Boston's top hospitals. Yesterday, one of the hospitals announced a billion dollar construction project - 2 twelve story buildings connected by a bridge to expand the hospital.

23. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Vehicles
      17 Chevy SS
      01-23-2019 10:15 AM #168247
      Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

That is all.
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

Vehicles
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      01-23-2019 10:43 AM #168248
      Quote Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
      Traveled all day yesterday through CT and Westchester County, NY. The first 50 miles were horrible until I was able to stop at a rest area and reach my gloved hand inside the rims to remove the packed snow.

Saw this in Waterbury, CT:

[IMG]Oops by , on Flickr[/IMG]
      Waterbury sucks, that's the town next to mine.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

25. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q
      01-23-2019 11:04 AM #168249

Seriously.
      That was a good sock.
      You're supposed to poop in a sock drawer, not sock in a poop drawer.

I suppose you rock the "Dyslexia Sufferers Untie!" poster, huh?

Making people aware of the Dunning-Kruger affliction. If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious

SRT_______________________________________________ ___________SRT

Vehicles
      01-23-2019 11:14 AM #168250
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      You're supposed to poop in a sock drawer, not sock in a poop drawer.
      Win.

Page 6730 of 7418 FirstFirst ... 573062306630668067206726672767286729673067316732673367346740678068307230 ... LastLast