Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V Online Mode

Vehicles
      2019 GTI, 2018 Chrysler Pacifica
      10-07-2013 09:15 AM #26
      I found a great way to sketch people out without doing a thing to them. Get a heli and just follow them around

This also works well to collect bounties. Follow the dude until they stop somewhere, land on a roof and shoot them from above.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      11 Audi A3, 78 Yamaha XS750
      10-07-2013 10:23 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW View Post
      I did the violent duct mission once and got the 9k... Pretty sweet... Never really got the point of "farming" though.... Seems like it would take all the fun out to me... I'm over 100k now but that is just from playing the game... Doing missions I come across... Selling cars... Robbing stores etc.

Ammo, armor, repairs, etc cost a lot of money. I got into a bad lobby one day with my brother, we ended up fighting with about 4 people, went from 90k to 30k in a matter of 25 minutes, just buying ammo armor and the occasional resurrection. And with the way they spawn people they are always next to you so the fight just keeps going on and on till someone leaves. Or they use the can't kill option, which they need to get rid of, since people try to run you over driving with it on.
      Flickr 8V Society #10

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 10:42 AM #28
      If someone is in passive mode and trying to run you over, they can be shot in the car.

If you are in passive mode, you can still be run over.

I fixed my whole issue with turds online. Bought myself a swanky apartment and spawn there. While I'm out and about in free roam, if someone really starts screwing with me, I'll just use the quick menu options on the phone to jump into a race or something. Like a ghost ... poof, gone.

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 11:01 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post
      If someone is in passive mode and trying to run you over, they can be shot in the car.
      Doesn't work, my brother and I lit a dude up that tried to run us over, as he crashed into the side of an alley all of our bullets weren't registering. We ended up dying by the hands of the police with him just watching. So we decided to kill them by running them over and that's the only way it worked. Now I have stickys so I will try that next.

You only spawn in your apartment if you join the game, but from Gerald and Simones missions you spawn where you finished the mission. Leaves you as an open target.
      Flickr 8V Society #10

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 11:10 AM #30
      That's why you need to just jump into a race or something. You can even immediately quit the race before it starts and it will move you to that location. Easy way to jump around the map.

I could have sworn I've seen guys in passive mode shot in cars. Maybe that was something they changed in the patch??? I do agree that passive mode is pretty lame.

Edit: Of course, if you are playing with someone, jumping around with the method above is a good way to get split up.
      Last edited by SAPJetta; 10-07-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Vehicles
      '09 Fiat Bravo, '05 Honda S2000
      10-07-2013 11:58 AM #31
      I keep getting kicked out of GTA Online!

And it's the players doing the kicking... WTF?! I'm not even griefing, or even close to anyone else on the map...
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Let's just say I like my women like I like my cars - fast, cheap, kinda ugly and beaten up, unreliable, dangerous, unwanted....
      4 coilpacks, 2 gearboxes and counting...

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 03:00 PM #32
      I've gotten kicked too when I just join a game by players, no clue why it happens.

Is there a trick to getting on the leader boards for races? I've been trying to get on Taking Offs leader board for a few days and haven't been able to, even though I beat the times on there my name still doesn't pop up.
      Flickr 8V Society #10

10-07-2013 03:28 PM #33
      People killing you for no reason is annoying... I've had a few that always seem to get me when I am in a menu or deposing money or something, then of course decline when you challenge them to 1v1...

I am usually playing with a buddy though so if someone is too annoying we just kill them until they quit the game which is satisfying.

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 03:33 PM #34
      I'm telling ya ... just get in a chopper and follow them around. I've seen more guys quit because they get tired of me hovering around by them making them nervous.

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 09:40 PM #35
      How much of a douche bag do you need to be before getting the bad sport designation? I was killing time during a conference call today and spent a good hour or so with a sniper rifle, advanced scope and hopping from building top to building top in a heli. People were raging I wonder how long it takes before I'm smacked with the dunce cap.....

Also, where do you find race times? It said I set a world record on a point to point race earlier and I don't believe that for a minute. I assume there is a leader board somewhere.
      Last edited by SAPJetta; 10-07-2013 at 09:56 PM.

10-07-2013 09:56 PM #36
      Can anyone explain how the whole banked money system works?

My assumption was that any money you banked was "safe", and any money people carried as cash could be "dropped" when killed...

Doesn't seem to be the case... I could have all my money banked and still lose about $2000 if I am ever killed in free roam (either by the cops or another player).

Then on the flip side, I figured if I saw somebody robbing a store and killed them as soon as they walked out the door (so they should have at least $1000 cash on them) I could steal the money... that doesn't seem true either, the most I can ever seem to pick up off someone is $100 (I am not generally going around killing players though).

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 09:59 PM #37
      I read somewhere that banked money was supposed to be safe and losing it to deaths is supposed to be a bug. However, I haven't seen any change yet. I still get hit with the giant hospital bills every time I die. Since I got my apartment, it doesn't piss me off quite as much.

I think the money dropped by players is bugged too. Any time you have over 5k on you, it warns you that you are carrying that much, but I've only seen a max of $100 as well. Someone walking out of a convenience store with a bag of money should be good for at least what's in the bag.

10-07-2013 10:02 PM #38
      Exactly...

I hate losing like 2k cause some douche kills me...

On the other hand, if you care about your character at all, that is a deterrent from going around killing people for no reason (because that will likely also get you killed a few times and lose big money).

10-07-2013 10:09 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by WhitePoloCT View Post
      Who the heck is Skip Foreplay, and why the heck were you shooting me?!
      Yeah...sorry about that. You shot me when I was trying to pick you up so I thought you were killing on sight. I'm sketched out online. Hard to tell if someone will team up or jack me for my ride. Signing on now.
      XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      10-07-2013 10:14 PM #40
      I trust just about no one online. If you're part of the crew, I'll show you some love, other than that you're likely to get shot or blown up if you seem sketchy at all and hang around my area too long.
      Last edited by SAPJetta; 10-07-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Vehicles
      10-08-2013 12:23 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6GTI72 View Post
      Yeah...sorry about that. You shot me when I was trying to pick you up so I thought you were killing on sight. I'm sketched out online. Hard to tell if someone will team up or jack me for my ride. Signing on now.
      Good stuff tonight. Hit me up online next time you're on. I've got $4k for you. I managed to get that high priority car back, but you had bailed.

10-08-2013 01:00 AM #42
      Good stuff tonight. Hit me up online next time you're on. I've got $4k for you. I managed to get that high priority car back, but you had bailed.
      I'm still playing. I just jumped out to save and step away for a bit. That was pretty sweet robbing with the chopper. I didn't know how to get into your place so I ended up shooting my way out from the cops. Didn't think id make it.

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      '94 racecar
      10-08-2013 04:19 AM #43
      So this crap is working efficiently now?? Or are you guys posting about playing together the same lucky ones who haven't had any problems from the start?

I want to play for an hour (or 4 ) before bed but not if I'm going to get phantom kicked or frozen on loading screens ...

- edit - In the other thread someone mentioned we should post our usual gaming times to get an idea of when we are more concentrated online. Great idea.

I'm West Coast, so Pacific time. Most nights I'm playing FM4 or GTA5 on Xbox from 9pm-ish to 3am-ish. Very few day time play chances anymore.
      Last edited by CJ318; 10-08-2013 at 04:33 AM.

10-08-2013 04:41 AM #44
      Seems fine the last couple days. Try it out. I'm on now.

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      '94 racecar
      10-08-2013 04:50 AM #45
      Cool, gimme a few minutes. I'm trying to find Franklin's last mission ... on my character select wheel it shows one for him but I can't figure it out!! I think it's the ghost/serial killer mission, 3-4 days ago I went to it, but was up on the cliff, I didn't see any ghosts or anything, no cut scene. The icon (F?) vanished and hasn't come back since. 81% completion, btw. I'll give it up shortly.

Vehicles
      '09 Fiat Bravo, '05 Honda S2000
      10-08-2013 04:53 AM #46
      errr... GMT +2...

Which is terrible, cos I'm mostly playing with foreign speaking Yuropeens...
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Let's just say I like my women like I like my cars - fast, cheap, kinda ugly and beaten up, unreliable, dangerous, unwanted....
      4 coilpacks, 2 gearboxes and counting...

Vehicles
      10-08-2013 09:59 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by VR6GTI72 View Post
      I'm still playing. I just jumped out to save and step away for a bit. That was pretty sweet robbing with the chopper. I didn't know how to get into your place so I ended up shooting my way out from the cops. Didn't think id make it.
      I'll catch you next time we're both on. Should have hung around for that import vehicle. LOL

Dude jumped me and killed me right when I got to Los Santos Customs. Stole it from me. I spawned and a R8 rolled by. Jumped in, beat his ass to the docks and set up a roadblock at the entrance road. He comes flying in a minute later, crashes hard and I shoot his ass up. Grab the car which at this point looks like wadded up tinfoil and drove it over to Simeon's warehouse at the port. They gave me $8300 or so for it

I climbed up to the roof so that I could get a moment to bank the money and dude spawns right in my area, makes his way towards where I'm at and starts shooting at me. Small shootout and neither of us can kill each other. I jump off the other side of the roof, grab a car and head out. Cops cut me off, so I turn around and head back into the port. Dude is coming out in a truck and starts shooting at me, so I kill him. He challenges me to a 1v1 and when I don't accept, he quits. Haha. He started all the trouble in the first place. I was just looking to steal some cars.

This game is pure fun online.

Vehicles
      08 Infiniti Guido35x, 74 Datsun Z
      10-08-2013 03:44 PM #48
      I'll be doing a lot more of this on the PS3 servers for those who are interested in teaming up. Been a good time thus far.

25. 10-08-2013 04:29 PM #49
      I'm telling ya ... just get in a chopper and follow them around. I've seen more guys quit because they get tired of me hovering around by them making them nervous.
      I hope you weren't the ******* yesterday that was trying to land a helicopter on my head. I ended up shooting his helo until he bailed out with a chute and the helo crashed into my head. He killed me 6 more times.

Vehicles
      2012 Mini Cooper S Countryman, 2001 VW Jetta 1.8T, 2009 Ducati Monster 1100
      10-08-2013 05:03 PM #50
      Heading home now and plan to be online later. Anyone gonna be on around 7pm EST? Want to pull some stickups and see how it goes

Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast