VWVortex.com - Grand Theft Auto V Online Mode
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V Online Mode

10-08-2013 05:45 PM #51
      Last night I had a guy nice enough to pick me up in his chopper by the beach . Took for a nice trip around the city. He started heading to hills and starts hovering in the middle of nowhere and climbing. I said to him " you are gunna bail aren't you?" Sure enough he jumps out. I don't have a chute so I kill myself freefall. It was quite the run back to civilization.
      XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '09 Fiat Bravo, '05 Honda S2000
      10-08-2013 05:55 PM #52
      I tried the whole "follow people around in a chopper" thing... and it's pretty funny to watch them squirm!

One guy didn't know where to turn... I ended up feeling sorry for him, so I left to bother someone else...

Too bad you can't shoot from them choppers...
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Let's just say I like my women like I like my cars - fast, cheap, kinda ugly and beaten up, unreliable, dangerous, unwanted....
      4 coilpacks, 2 gearboxes and counting...

Vehicles
      2019 GTI, 2018 Chrysler Pacifica
      10-08-2013 06:01 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by bastion72 View Post
      I hope you weren't the ******* yesterday that was trying to land a helicopter on my head. I ended up shooting his helo until he bailed out with a chute and the helo crashed into my head. He killed me 6 more times.
      Not I.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

10-08-2013 06:30 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by CJ318 View Post
      So this crap is working efficiently now?? Or are you guys posting about playing together the same lucky ones who haven't had any problems from the start?

I want to play for an hour (or 4 ) before bed but not if I'm going to get phantom kicked or frozen on loading screens ...

- edit - In the other thread someone mentioned we should post our usual gaming times to get an idea of when we are more concentrated online. Great idea.

I'm West Coast, so Pacific time. Most nights I'm playing FM4 or GTA5 on Xbox from 9pm-ish to 3am-ish. Very few day time play chances anymore.
      It has been working pretty much perfectly on PS3 for the last few days now.

10-08-2013 06:31 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by WhitePoloCT View Post
      errr... GMT +2...

Which is terrible, cos I'm mostly playing with foreign speaking Yuropeens...
      Or sociopaths like me who are GMT-5 but play at 4am .

10-08-2013 06:37 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post
      I'll catch you next time we're both on. Should have hung around for that import vehicle. LOL

Dude jumped me and killed me right when I got to Los Santos Customs. Stole it from me. I spawned and a R8 rolled by. Jumped in, beat his ass to the docks and set up a roadblock at the entrance road. He comes flying in a minute later, crashes hard and I shoot his ass up. Grab the car which at this point looks like wadded up tinfoil and drove it over to Simeon's warehouse at the port. They gave me $8300 or so for it

I climbed up to the roof so that I could get a moment to bank the money and dude spawns right in my area, makes his way towards where I'm at and starts shooting at me. Small shootout and neither of us can kill each other. I jump off the other side of the roof, grab a car and head out. Cops cut me off, so I turn around and head back into the port. Dude is coming out in a truck and starts shooting at me, so I kill him. He challenges me to a 1v1 and when I don't accept, he quits. Haha. He started all the trouble in the first place. I was just looking to steal some cars.

This game is pure fun online.
      I had a blast with one of those high value export cars... I was playing with my buddy and we got a message about one of them parked up at the observatory in the Vinewood hills... I didn't realize those messages went to everybody on the map... we were pretty close and got there quick... I was sitting in my Charger while he got out to grab the SUV... as I'm sitting there one of the Bro-Dozer F250s comes FLYING over the ridge with guns blazing out the window at my buddy... he peels out and I open fire at the F250 killing the driver... we then RIP it down to the LS Customs near Vinewood... I programmed the GPS in my car and my buddy followed me not wanting to pause with so many people after him... we get there unscathed to repair the car while I am sitting out front watching for players... just as he is pulling out of the garage the same guy I had killed at the observatory climbed to the roof opposite the LS customs parking lot and killed my buddy sitting in the stolen SUV . I returned fire at him again and killed him for a 2nd time, jumped out, grabbed the SUV, and PEELED out of there... leaving my buddy who had just respawned into the middle of an ambush behind (tough luck)...

Made it down to the docks and sold the car for almost 10k . And yes I gave my buddy 60% of the take considering he payed to respray it .

10-08-2013 06:44 PM #57
      Where do you guys find helicopters?

I was on last night and with a friend going to chase down a guy with a bounty on him... he was at the airport near Sandy Shores and climbing into a prop plane when we got there. There happened to be a military helo parked at the helipad (the heavy lift one from the sub mission) so we hopped in with me flying and my buddy manning the machine gun... not sure how the chopper got there though, if it spawns at the airport or somebody landed it.

Vehicles
      '94 racecar
      10-08-2013 08:26 PM #58
      Anyone else getting kicked out all the time? And getting bad sport warnings because of it?

L.A.M.E.

Vehicles
      10-08-2013 10:13 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW View Post
      Where do you guys find helicopters?

I was on last night and with a friend going to chase down a guy with a bounty on him... he was at the airport near Sandy Shores and climbing into a prop plane when we got there. There happened to be a military helo parked at the helipad (the heavy lift one from the sub mission) so we hopped in with me flying and my buddy manning the machine gun... not sure how the chopper got there though, if it spawns at the airport or somebody landed it.
      There is a small marina on the eastern side of the city that has about 4 or 5 helipads. There are always choppers sitting there. I've marked it on the map with a red circle. If you put your way point smack in the middle of that circle, it will take you right to it.

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by SAPJetta; 10-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Vehicles
      '09 Fiat Bravo, '05 Honda S2000
      10-09-2013 01:33 AM #60
      There are also helicopters on top of the hospital near Franklin's house... and on top of the N.O.O.S.E. building on the east of the map.
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Let's just say I like my women like I like my cars - fast, cheap, kinda ugly and beaten up, unreliable, dangerous, unwanted....
      4 coilpacks, 2 gearboxes and counting...

10-09-2013 01:43 AM #61
      Stole my first jet on the first try. It was fun until people got sick of me straifing and left me solo in the room. I'm still a mess with quickly using all the options. I can't figuire out how to quickly switch from guns and apply a chute on the fly with hitting the back button. I've seen it done .

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      2011 WRX
      10-09-2013 07:47 AM #62
      Had some good games last night. One exception was the little boy who was A) annoying on the Mic and B) drove head on into me during a race when I was in first place and then proceeded to say "well he did it to me" (which I didn't). Good thing was that he was chastised for being a **** by the others.

When you have a good group, this is the most fun I have had online. Unfortunately the connection sometimes boots everyone or when you try to join it gives you a "failed to connect" error.

Overall a hell of a lot of fun when it's working.

PSN - ecapox44
      SWAGMAN Glower ™

10-09-2013 08:52 AM #63
      They added another update for ps3 users. I'm sure they were having issues with players. They hindered the farming of certain missions . I'm ok with it. It doesn't have to be a grind to the top. The fun is getting away with stuff as a group. I like hearing about the different scenarios that happen.

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      10-09-2013 02:43 PM #64
      Just went through all 10 waves of a survival game.

Got $20k and 3400 RP

Vehicles
      2011 WRX
      10-09-2013 03:27 PM #65
      Survival mode is really the way to go if you can get a full group.
      SWAGMAN Glower ™

Vehicles
      10-09-2013 04:35 PM #66
      Happens to me all the time. Kicked from sessions, kicked from races, etc etc. Annoys the hell out of me. I just jump into another session and shoot some people.

Vehicles
      '94 racecar
      10-09-2013 04:43 PM #67
      I can't usually load in to sessions after being kicked .. that's when I get the blank lobbies or timing out issues. I heard there is a new Xbox patch finally coming later today though!

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      10-09-2013 05:26 PM #68
      wtf does it keep pairing me up with french speakers from Canadia?! i live in NC, i'm sure there are people in NC playing
      signatures are annoying, right?

Vehicles
      '94 racecar
      10-09-2013 06:34 PM #69
      Yo guys, if you are having troubles staying in the game (timed out, kicked out repeatedly) check your NAT settings and if you have the correct ports open in your router. Youtube it, searching nat setting (insert your brand router here) xbox/ps3"!!!

edit - ok it might not work for getting kicked (must not be a bug, just jerks kicking me out every time I sign in..........)
      Last edited by CJ318; 10-09-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Vehicles
      10-09-2013 10:00 PM #70
      It's not NAT related and I'm willing to bet that people are not actually kicking you. It's a bug in the game that I'd imagine they are trying to address. At least Rockstar has been fairly responsive to working on the various issues.

10-10-2013 02:44 AM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      wtf does it keep pairing me up with french speakers from Canadia?! i live in NC, i'm sure there are people in NC playing
      Hey, you can have them!

I am actually enjoying being paired up with people all over the world... In CoD the game always seemed to match me up with people who lived close by... which always stuck me with the French because I am about 15 minutes from Quebec border .

I am still getting a few of the "mic placed 1 foot from TV on max volume giving endless sound feedback" and "live in a slum with barking dogs, crying babies, Mexican TV channels, women being beaten, dump trucks reversing, etc in the background" people .

Vehicles
      '94 racecar
      10-10-2013 03:45 AM #72
      I actually did have a NAT problem, without 4 ports open. But you're right. I still get instant-kicked ..... this launch is such a let down

Night-owls, where ya at???
      Last edited by CJ318; 10-10-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Vehicles
      '94 racecar
      10-10-2013 05:04 AM #73
      An update just came up for 360. After being kicked out of a functioning lobby with zero players in it I turned off my system. Turned back on and bam, update. 2 am night owls are lucky this time
      Last edited by CJ318; 10-10-2013 at 05:51 AM.

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      10-10-2013 06:32 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by CJ318 View Post
      I actually did have a NAT problem, without 4 ports open. But you're right. I still get instant-kicked ..... this launch is such a let down

Night-owls, where ya at???
      who is your service provider and are you on xbox or ps3?
      signatures are annoying, right?

Vehicles
      2011 WRX
      10-10-2013 07:39 AM #75
      Good games last night (ps3). Krautfed and I went in to like 3 ammunations only to get blasted as we walked in the front door. I couldn't stop laughing. Must walk slowly and no guns drawn. :-)
      SWAGMAN Glower ™

Page 3 of 126 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast