VWVortex.com - Feeler 1992 Imported UR 3" turbo back 2bennett forge DV 6 Speed NH
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Feeler 1992 Imported UR 3" turbo back 2bennett forge DV 6 Speed NH

Vehicles
      92 Imported S4, 95 E320 wagon, MK6 TDI, Turbo Ducati M900, 79 KZ650, 99 Lifted XJ w/superswampers
      10-04-2013 02:50 PM #1
      So im in a rough spot financially and thinking about going back to school. I have an imported 92 s4 euro bumpers interior metal sunroof 6 speed tranny big brake factory set up. lotttttts of time and money into it. body isn't perfect had a ball joint fall out on the highway so driverside fender got bent a bit. and a plow truck backed into it last winter and took off. so the bumper is cracked and head light lens broke. used an American lens looks okay. headlights have adjusters and city lights. car runs drives and pulls good at around 19lbs with a MBC. really just seeing if anyone is interested in the car. don't want to sell it I need too. I told myself I would never sell the car no mater what and do the body work and have a mint imported ur in the states. this is my 4th ur and wanted it to be a keeper. gotta get 5grand for it. in nh its a dark green not sure of the name but its not the same as the American ones. want it to go to a good home. don't ask me for pictures if you just want to see what it looks like. google it. if you are 100% interested and not going to bullsh!t me on the price I can send pictures. do not ask me a million questions. do not ask me if it passes inspection it has a sticker on it. I drive it every week. it is not my daily. do not ask me how many miles are on it the cluster is converted to miles and gallons so it isn't correct any ways. do not ask me when the timing belt was done. I don't know I was planning on doing it, it should be done because theres not paper . work on the last time it was done. the belt itself is fine and probly has another good 40-50k on in but I would do it. I have a fat stack of all the import paper work from 99 when it was broght here from Germany.
      thanks for not waisting my time
      everythings for sale

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
      Vehicles
      92 Imported S4, 95 E320 wagon, MK6 TDI, Turbo Ducati M900, 79 KZ650, 99 Lifted XJ w/superswampers
      10-10-2013 01:13 PM #2

everythings for sale

4. Member
      11-07-2013 06:12 PM #3
      For someone who needs to sell this car you're not doing a very good job; your post makes you sound like a big ole' bag of dicks. I'm no longer interested in this car after reading your post but will spend a few minutes educating you on how to deal with people when trying to sell a car and how to not act like such a little ****head.

"do not ask me a million questions."

- What the hell makes you so special or your time worth so much that you're not willing to answer questions people have about the car? Do you really think some nutswinger is going to walk up to you and put $5k in your hand for this car without asking relevant questions? Pull your head out of your ass and wake up, junior.

"do not ask me if it passes inspection it has a sticker on it."

- A less *******-ish way to say this is, "the car passes inspection and has a current sticker." (for future reference) Quit being a dick, remember, YOU are the one trying to sell this car, YOU are the one who "needs" to sell this car. No one else NEEDS to buy this car from you so you're not doing anyone a favor, quit acting like it.

"I drive it every week. it is not my daily."

- This is good information , how about a few more details? "I drive it every week, it's not my daily driver but it starts up every time without any issues; even in the dead of winter." "This car doesn't make any weird noises, blow smoke, and has no odd smells coming from the engine bay." Something like that might be a better selling point.

"do not ask me how many miles are on it the cluster is converted to miles and gallons so it isn't correct any ways."

- Go **** yourself. Seriously. If you're trying to sell a car you need to be the one providing accurate information. So the cluster was converted to miles/gallons, how was this done? Magic? Were there some little dwarfs in your dashboard doing calculations on pads of paper? Did they just convert it to miles/gallons by pulling some random numbers out of their asses? Did they just throw in a US spec cluster from a different car that had different mileage and not document what the difference was?

- How about, instead of sounding like some snot-nosed little 16 year old you provide some useful information. Depending on what actually happened something along the lines of "the mileage on the cluster is inaccurate because it was swapped out when imported to the US, actual mileage unknown." Or simply, "I don't know what the mileage is, the cluster isn't correct."

"do not ask me when the timing belt was done. I don't know I was planning on doing it, it should be done because theres not paper . work on the last time it was done. the belt itself is fine and probly has another good 40-50k on in but I would do it."

- More of this, "do not..." bull****. Well Mr. Fantastic Car Salesman, if we can't do this laundry list of things that typically occur during the sale of a vehicle, what the hell can we do? Are we allowed to wipe your ass for you after handing over $5k without asking any questions? Pretty please? Or maybe we could shine your shoes for you after we buy this car because we're so appreciative of the proper care and maintenance demonstrated on such a fine vehicle.

Everything after the first sentence above is contradictory. You say that it should be done because there's no paperwork saying it's done, tell us you planned on doing it but didn't (meaningless), and then go on to say that the belt itself is fine and has another 40-50k miles before needing replaced. What are you basing this assumption off of? Are you just pulling that number out of your ass, much like your $5000 asking price? You want top dollar for a car that's in mediocre condition but cannot provide anything outside of your baseless opinion that would help anyone determine the range of what the car is actually worth.

Look, ****-for-brains, the timing belt is a pretty big deal on a car and telling us that you were planning on doing it doesn't mean anything. I'm planning on making $1 billion dollars this year, hasn't happened yet but that was the plan...How about providing something useful, maybe a description of the timing belt or some pictures? A statement like, "I don't have any paperwork showing if/when the timing belt was changed but I took a look at it and the belt isn't frayed and does NOT look dry rotted." Having some pictures showing the belt would be a good start to serve as proof for someone who may be interested in this car.

"I have a fat stack of all the import paper work from 99 when it was broght (brought) here from Germany.
      thanks for not waisting (wasting) my time"

- Well good for you. I'm glad you have a bunch of import paperwork that shows the car was brought to the US from Germany. What exactly do you want someone to glean from that statement? All that does is show that the car was not originally sold here. Ok, so now we have proof of that, which is a good thing. The import status can be verified. That doesn't mean **** though if you haven't taken care of the car and beat the **** out of it while not doing the required maintenance or fixing little issues as they came up (fender, rear bumper, etc..). The fact that the little things haven't been fixed and that you aren't able to provide some valuable information regarding the cars mechanical status tells me that you probably aren't very good at properly maintaining a car and that any potential buyer will have to fix/replace more than they were expecting.

Depending on what your goal of posting this car was, you may or may not achieved it. If you were hoping to drive people away so you can tell yourself or whomever the authority figure in your life is that you were unable to sell the car then congratulations. You've succeeded. You've proven, with one post, how much of an self-centered ******* you can be and why no one should ever purchase anything from you. If your goal was to actually determine if anyone was interested in buying this car (my guess from the "feeler" title) then you've failed, miserably.

If you've made it this far, go back up to the top and read this post again. Read through each and every little thing I said and try to understand why I said it. Try to understand what you can do to improve future for-sale posts if you ever want to sell a car. Maybe spending a couple hundred bucks and a few hours taking care of some maintenance items might help potential buyers feel more confident about the car and make them more willing to give you your asking price. Maybe washing the car and taking a few more pictures will help attract potential buyers. Maybe not being such a prick in your posts will make it easier for you to sell this car if you actually need to sell it. Or maybe I'm the ******* and everything I've said is wrong.
      Where's the beer?

5. 11-13-2013 03:12 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Slow VR View Post
      For someone who needs to sell this car you're not doing a very good job; your post makes you sound like a big ole' bag of dicks. I'm no longer interested in this car after reading your post but will spend a few minutes educating you on how to deal with people when trying to sell a car and how to not act like such a little ****head.

- What the hell makes you so special or your time worth so much that you're not willing to answer questions people have about the car? Do you really think some nutswinger is going to walk up to you and put $5k in your hand for this car without asking relevant questions? Pull your head out of your ass and wake up, junior.

- A less *******-ish way to say this is, "the car passes inspection and has a current sticker." (for future reference) Quit being a dick, remember, YOU are the one trying to sell this car, YOU are the one who "needs" to sell this car. No one else NEEDS to buy this car from you so you're not doing anyone a favor, quit acting like it.

- This is good information , how about a few more details? "I drive it every week, it's not my daily driver but it starts up every time without any issues; even in the dead of winter." "This car doesn't make any weird noises, blow smoke, and has no odd smells coming from the engine bay." Something like that might be a better selling point.

"do not ask me how many miles are on it the cluster is converted to miles and gallons so it isn't correct any ways."

- Go **** yourself. Seriously. If you're trying to sell a car you need to be the one providing accurate information. So the cluster was converted to miles/gallons, how was this done? Magic? Were there some little dwarfs in your dashboard doing calculations on pads of paper? Did they just convert it to miles/gallons by pulling some random numbers out of their asses? Did they just throw in a US spec cluster from a different car that had different mileage and not document what the difference was?

- How about, instead of sounding like some snot-nosed little 16 year old you provide some useful information. Depending on what actually happened something along the lines of "the mileage on the cluster is inaccurate because it was swapped out when imported to the US, actual mileage unknown." Or simply, "I don't know what the mileage is, the cluster isn't correct."

"do not ask me when the timing belt was done. I don't know I was planning on doing it, it should be done because theres not paper . work on the last time it was done. the belt itself is fine and probly has another good 40-50k on in but I would do it."

- More of this, "do not..." bull****. Well Mr. Fantastic Car Salesman, if we can't do this laundry list of things that typically occur during the sale of a vehicle, what the hell can we do? Are we allowed to wipe your ass for you after handing over $5k without asking any questions? Pretty please? Or maybe we could shine your shoes for you after we buy this car because we're so appreciative of the proper care and maintenance demonstrated on such a fine vehicle.

Everything after the first sentence above is contradictory. You say that it should be done because there's no paperwork saying it's done, tell us you planned on doing it but didn't (meaningless), and then go on to say that the belt itself is fine and has another 40-50k miles before needing replaced. What are you basing this assumption off of? Are you just pulling that number out of your ass, much like your $5000 asking price? You want top dollar for a car that's in mediocre condition but cannot provide anything outside of your baseless opinion that would help anyone determine the range of what the car is actually worth.

Look, ****-for-brains, the timing belt is a pretty big deal on a car and telling us that you were planning on doing it doesn't mean anything. I'm planning on making $1 billion dollars this year, hasn't happened yet but that was the plan...How about providing something useful, maybe a description of the timing belt or some pictures? A statement like, "I don't have any paperwork showing if/when the timing belt was changed but I took a look at it and the belt isn't frayed and does NOT look dry rotted." Having some pictures showing the belt would be a good start to serve as proof for someone who may be interested in this car.

"I have a fat stack of all the import paper work from 99 when it was broght (brought) here from Germany.

- Well good for you. I'm glad you have a bunch of import paperwork that shows the car was brought to the US from Germany. What exactly do you want someone to glean from that statement? All that does is show that the car was not originally sold here. Ok, so now we have proof of that, which is a good thing. The import status can be verified. That doesn't mean **** though if you haven't taken care of the car and beat the **** out of it while not doing the required maintenance or fixing little issues as they came up (fender, rear bumper, etc..). The fact that the little things haven't been fixed and that you aren't able to provide some valuable information regarding the cars mechanical status tells me that you probably aren't very good at properly maintaining a car and that any potential buyer will have to fix/replace more than they were expecting.

Depending on what your goal of posting this car was, you may or may not achieved it. If you were hoping to drive people away so you can tell yourself or whomever the authority figure in your life is that you were unable to sell the car then congratulations. You've succeeded. You've proven, with one post, how much of an self-centered ******* you can be and why no one should ever purchase anything from you. If your goal was to actually determine if anyone was interested in buying this car (my guess from the "feeler" title) then you've failed, miserably.

If you've made it this far, go back up to the top and read this post again. Read through each and every little thing I said and try to understand why I said it. Try to understand what you can do to improve future for-sale posts if you ever want to sell a car. Maybe spending a couple hundred bucks and a few hours taking care of some maintenance items might help potential buyers feel more confident about the car and make them more willing to give you your asking price. Maybe washing the car and taking a few more pictures will help attract potential buyers. Maybe not being such a prick in your posts will make it easier for you to sell this car if you actually need to sell it. Or maybe I'm the ******* and everything I've said is wrong.
      Outstanding post. Thank you for saying everything that anyone who read this thread was thinking but didn't have the time or patience to write out.

Vehicles
      See sig
      11-13-2013 11:37 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by nick.cfranis View Post
      Outstanding post. Thank you for saying everything that anyone who read this thread was thinking but didn't have the time or patience to write out.
      Agreed. Kudos for your response. I too have owned several urs cars and would have been interested, but this ad drove me far away..You are supposed to do a little legwork and tell me WHY I should drop 5 large on YOUR bucket vs the several other S-cars out in the marketplace, most of them being in better shape..
      91 200tq AAN-powered, 91 200 20v, 95 urs6 ,91 V8q MANUAL , 86 Scirocco 2.8 VR6 , 90 CQ ,91 200 20v Avant,93 Eurovan 2.5 manual,04 A4 Avant 3.0 6-spd,99 A6 2.8 Der Loaner
      http://www.germanautopros.com 440-888-6200
      https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...50878384983273

11-13-2013 11:54 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by nuugen View Post
      Agreed. Kudos for your response. I too have owned several urs cars and would have been interested, but this ad drove me far away..You are supposed to do a little legwork and tell me WHY I should drop 5 large on YOUR bucket vs the several other S-cars out in the marketplace, most of them being in better shape..
      This car was sold on CL for $2k a few months ago.
      at least do the timing belt and then try getting $5k out of it

8. Member
      11-14-2013 02:42 AM #7
      breaking up the paragraph into separate paragraphs or a list would make it easier to read.
      awm
      aan

9. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      1991 Audi 90Q20V (2), 1995 Audi S6 Avant (2)
      11-15-2013 10:38 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by sambocs View Post
      thanks for not waisting my time

You just wasted ours. GLWS and the poor person who has to deal with you.

10. Member
      11-15-2013 12:10 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by nick.cfranis View Post

You're very welcome and thank you for the compliment. It's just frustrating looking for a fun project car and then running into someone with such a backward understanding of how buying/selling a car should be.
      Last edited by Slow VR; 11-15-2013 at 12:28 PM.
      Where's the beer?

Vehicles
      '84 G60 Rabbit, '95 Audi 90Q, '99.43 A4 Avant
      11-20-2013 12:36 PM #10
      lolol "don't ask me if it's for sale because I'm not selling it. It is for sale though."

Vehicles
      03 B5.5 4mo wagon
      11-25-2013 09:16 PM #11
      hehe, that ^ is quote worthy too.

Vehicles
      89 vw cabriolet vrt, 01 jetta 1.8t(daily beater), 81 rabbit pickup td
      12-07-2013 05:29 PM #12
      how has no one commented on that boost gauge placement

Vehicles
      12-09-2013 01:10 PM #13
      Sold thanks for the criticism hope you can sleep and pretend to be happy with you're life's.
      everythings for sale

15. 12-09-2013 05:14 PM #14
      Sold thanks for the criticism hope you can sleep and pretend to be happy with you're life's.
      I hope you can be happy with your complete lack of common courtesy and spelling skills.
      Last edited by nick.cfranis; 12-09-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Vehicles
      91 GL SOLD, 92 GTI, 90 AUDI 100 20V R.I.P., 94 URS4
      12-11-2013 02:27 PM #15
      [QUOTE=Slow VR;84182118]

prost
      SLUMZ OF WORCESTER
      A.C.A.B.
      MK2 PARTS
      MK3 PARTS

Vehicles
      12-17-2013 11:11 AM #16
      so what did I do to make everyone here against me? doesn't make sense. vortex used to be cool now everyone is better then everyone else. no positive people left in the VW Audi scene.
      everythings for sale

18. Member
      12-17-2013 11:16 PM #17
      so what did I do to make everyone here against me? doesn't make sense. vortex used to be cool now everyone is better then everyone else. no positive people left in the VW Audi scene.

Did you not read your original post? If not, go back and re-read that entire thing. Can you sit there and honestly say that you made a reasonable effort at selling that car? If you were looking for a car and came across a description identical to that one would you seriously not think that person was a completely disrespectful little $hithead?

If you seriously can't find any issues with your post or understand why people think ill of you then you may truly be hopeless, throughout what is certain to be the sad, lonely existence of your remaining days.
      Where's the beer?

19. 01-23-2014 09:48 AM #18
      This dialogue just made my morning. Big ups to the entire cast and crew.

Vehicles
      02-03-2014 01:13 PM #19
      Jesus you guys are mean. I don't proof read im not book smart and thanks for being C0CKS. its sold by the way too.
      everythings for sale

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      01 TT 225
      02-04-2014 08:14 AM #20
      Jesus you guys are mean. I don't proof read im not book smart and thanks for being C0CKS. its sold by the way too.
      That's quite obvious. We all feel really bad for the poor bastard that paid for that pile of ****. Do yourself a favor and learn that you aren't 1/10th the cool guy you think you are. It's apparent that you have a lot of growing up to do in order to survive life outside of your parents basement. Good luck in life, something tells us you'll need it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

22. 02-14-2014 03:56 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Slow VR View Post

Awesome Response!!!

Vehicles
      2013 passat tdi candy white
      02-20-2014 06:29 PM #22
      If any of you guy's are interested in this car email me. I bought this car and have done lots of work to it. 034 coil kit, heater core, control arms, t-belt and all components, all vacuum lines, spark plugs, knock sensors, new exhaust, removed manual boost controller. mtm stage 1+, TAP stage 1 in the trunk. if anyone is interested email me [email protected] or text me 978 808 7085 love the car was going to get back into the vw audi scene but i have 3 kids and a 2013 tdi passat. I have authenticated the mileage to the best i could reading through 1 in. of importation paper work and also with carfax. i will email all the info on it if your interested. Miles are 165k roughly. i don't have the paperwork infront of me but i will get it exact for whoever wants it. i have done all the work to it myself with intentions of never selling it, anything it needed it has got . all the work was done right. only thing left to make it perfect would be to paint it. i already have a windshield brand new that will come with it and many other parts as well. im looking for 4k i have put 6000 miles on it sense i did all the work if interested call or text and come drive it