VWVortex.com - High mileag CC owners...reliability?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High mileag CC owners...reliability?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 CC 2.0T 6Spd, '07 Volvo XC90 3.2, '00 B5 1.8T 5 spd (ret.), '99 B5 1.8T 5 spd wagon (ret.)
      12-26-2013 03:01 PM #26
      2010 2.0T with 6spd manual with about 43K on the clock. Purchased brand new.

I guess as much as I like my CC, I feel like kicking myself from time to time for selling my 2000 1.8T 5spd Passat. That ATW motor was bulletproof, and when I sold the Passat it only had about 110K. If I'd have kept it, it would only have around 146K or so now.

So this is what the CC has required so far...

• TWO intake manifolds (replaced under warranty)
      • Coil pack replaced (Covered under warranty, but had to fight for it)
      • Carbon Cleaning (Eventually covered under warranty, but had to fight for it as this is not covered. Also got a courtesy Passat to drive)
      • Replaced oil pan (either the dealer or quickie lube place stripped threads on plug and pan was dripping all over driveway)
      • Cracked black plastic piece on hood (covered under warranty)
      • Squeaky parcel shelf when new (noise went away by itself, so I didn't have to get that crazy welding done)
      • Battery replaced
      • Clutch is starting to have the dreaded cold-weather squeal (out of warranty so TSB wont help me)
      • Rear windows have always groaned weirdly when going up or down, since new. (We don't use them much for that reason.)
      • A/C stinks (like a dead bird my co-worker said recently) even though both the dealer and me have replaced the charcoal filter at proper intervals
      • OEM rear tires are bald on the inside edge even though rotated at proper intervals (but apparently 43K on these tires is outstanding)
      • Radio update per TSB I read about on Vortex (covered under warranty)

This seems like a long list, and it is, but out of pocket expenses have actually been minimal, since most of this was covered under 3Y/36K bumper to bumper warranty. Also, in 2010 VW gave 3 Yr free maintenance. Now that that is over, I go to my trusted independent VW mechanic and use my VAG-COM if anything comes up. Also, I need to remind myself that the Passat had it's share of warranty related fixes early on that seemed to sort everything out, and that over the course of 10 years of ownership, I put a good deal of work into the Passat to keep it in great shape. So, in that way, the CC has not been significantly worse so far. And we do intend to keep it for many more years if possible, so that should mean something I guess.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '10 2.0T
      12-27-2013 07:43 PM #27
      Once I got that trim piece near the trunk lid replaced under warranty and 3 rear light bulbs (not under warranty!!!) replaced, no major problems.

The dealer got rid of some of the creaks in the back and the battery had to be replaced after only 2 3/4 years (no more German batteries for me), but I am still very pleased with my 6spd CC.

Overall, the car is as tight as when new, but not as tight as the '03 Accord I traded in.

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      2009/Volkswagen/CC
      12-14-2019 12:01 AM #28
      I have an 09 CC Luxury with 208k. I bought it with 135k from a single owner. The first owner put all highway miles on it since they put those 135k on in only about 3 years.

I’ve put very little into it since I’ve owned it considering it’s mileage.
      Coolant temp sensor
      Couple sets of tires (they cup bad on CC’s... I could use another set)
      Spark plugs and coils at 170k
      ECU for parking sensors (did it myself)
      ECU for something else that was affecting the lights

Right now the thermostat is stuck open I think because the car runs cool. I don’t get much heat in the winter.

At least one of my fuel injectors is going out too. Once in a while I get a mean feeling EPC light and need to key cycle and it goes away.

Lots of rust... 2009’s had an issue I think. It lived in the Midwest for its whole life.

I enjoyed it but I think I’m replacing it soon.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC 6Speed MT, 2019 Tiguan SEL
      12-14-2019 12:27 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Jmhageman7 View Post
      I have an 09 CC Luxury with 208k. I bought it with 135k from a single owner. The first owner put all highway miles on it since they put those 135k on in only about 3 years.

Ive put very little into it since Ive owned it considering its mileage.
      Coolant temp sensor
      Couple sets of tires (they cup bad on CCs... I could use another set)
      Spark plugs and coils at 170k
      ECU for parking sensors (did it myself)
      ECU for something else that was affecting the lights

Right now the thermostat is stuck open I think because the car runs cool. I dont get much heat in the winter.

At least one of my fuel injectors is going out too. Once in a while I get a mean feeling EPC light and need to key cycle and it goes away.

Lots of rust... 2009s had an issue I think. It lived in the Midwest for its whole life.

I enjoyed it but I think Im replacing it soon.
      I am assuming this is 2.0T engine?

Sent from rotary phone

6. n00b
      Vehicles
      2009/Volkswagen/CC
      12-14-2019 12:30 AM #30
      Yeah it’s a 2.0T

7. 12-14-2019 01:03 AM #31
      141k Miles on my 2013 sport-
      NO issues- just change my oil, DSG fluid,air and cabin filters- did change brakes at 95k but didn't need to- had over 1/2 life left-
      ONLY issue with this car is the cupping- I am on my 6th pair of tires

12-14-2019 05:06 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by domvert View Post
      ONLY issue with this car is the cupping- I am on my 6th pair of tires
      I'm not sure if you got a notice or know about it, but there's a class action suit going on for that
      (I received 2 of them, since I had two CC's before)

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Audi SQ5, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 7MT, 2010 Audi S4 6MT. 2015 Audi Q3 Quattro
      12-14-2019 01:09 PM #33
      Avoid any VW/Audi with a 2.0TSI (or TFSI) whos engine was built before 2013. The engine build date is printed on the white decal, near the oil dipstick. The date is in the upper right corner, in euro format DD:MM:YY

10. n00b
      Vehicles
      2009/Volkswagen/CC
      12-15-2019 04:32 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by CC'ed View Post
      Avoid any VW/Audi with a 2.0TSI (or TFSI) whos engine was built before 2013. The engine build date is printed on the white decal, near the oil dipstick. The date is in the upper right corner, in euro format DD:MM:YY
      Why exactly? Obviously mine with 206k is still going pretty strong. I’ve been real happy with it.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC 6Speed MT, 2019 Tiguan SEL
      12-16-2019 09:18 AM #35
      Yeah its a 2.0T
      Thats it very very good for early 2.0T build

Sent from rotary phone

12. 12-16-2019 01:34 PM #36
      Why exactly? Obviously mine with 206k is still going pretty strong. Ive been real happy with it.
      I think he meant 2013 cars with engines built Before April 2012 thats when they used new timing chain and pulley and new intake runner flaps to stop it from grenading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2013 CC Sport DSG. Interior LEDs customized. K&N Air Filter.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Audi SQ5, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 7MT, 2010 Audi S4 6MT. 2015 Audi Q3 Quattro
      12-18-2019 07:21 PM #37
      No, I mean that you want a 2.0TSI (or TFSI) engine built after Jan 2013. The model year doesn't matter, only the engine build date, found on the decal on the engine.

The later production of the 2.0T has many improvements (tensioner, chain, PCV, injectors, HPFP, balance shaft bearings, Cam-bridge oil screens, waterpump, turbocharger, intake manifold, rear crankshaft seal, front timing cover and seal....)
      Last edited by CC'ed; 12-18-2019 at 07:24 PM.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen 2012 CC R-Line
      12-20-2019 03:07 PM #38
      2012 CC R-Line. Just flipped 100,000 miles this week. I've gotten the intake manifold, HPFP and water pump replaced under warranty. Had a transmission mount break this year. I'm stage 2, manual trans with a Clutchmaster FX350 clutch so maybe that had something to do with it. Also had my exterior door handle break, but otherwise it's been fairly issue free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12