VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FEELER: FS: 2001 Audi S3 (Imported)

38K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  knighthawk23 
#1 · (Edited)
FEELER: FS/FT: 2001 Audi S3

2001 Audi S3

Car was originally a 1.8t with a ko4, same setup at the TT225 with a 6 speed awd haldex
In 2015 the motor was fully built with a precision 6062 - later in 2016 car made 577awhp 503awtq
At the end of 2016 we had a mishap and ended up needing a new bottom end
After long debate and many thoughts I decided to part out the 1.8t and turbo kit and do a 3.2 VR6 swap (out of a 2004 R32)
Before putting the motor in I did every bit of maintenance: timing chains and guides, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, coil packs, metal crack pipe, new water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, front main seal, rear main seal, reseal oil pan, coolant temp sensor, you name it I changed it. Only things that remain untouched are the oil pump and head gasket, as it looked nice and dry and saw no reason to dismantle the head off the block.
I also stripped the block and applied por15 to it to clean it up and look now.

Body-
Full color change from Black to BMW Euro Spec Salmon Silver
I get tons of compliments on the color
Color matched door blades, rear bumper insert, front bumper insert and shaved euro license plate tub

Mods:
Engine-
Swoops Built Intake with built in velocity stack
Swoops Built Custom 3.2 Header which is vbanded into my custom 3" "turboback" to an oldschool GHL muffler
United Motorsport Tune with all deletes
Fluidamr crank pulley
Lightweight power steering pump
VF Engineering Motor mounts with FFE delrin inserts
Stainless Steal fuel lines off the fuel rail which connect to -AN hoses that go all the way back to the tank (these were installed with the 1.8t built)
Duetschwerks high flow intank fuel pump

Drivetrain/Suspesion-
OEM Clutch kit brand new when the swap was done
Diesel Geek Sigma 6 speed short shifter
HPA Blue Haldex Controller
Broadway Static?Fortune Auto Coilovers
H&R Rear sway bar
Madmax rear adjustable upper and lower control arms
Delrin front control arm inserts

Brakes-
Tarox B30 6 piston front big brake kit with curve slotted rotos
Rear slotted rotors
Front and Rear Stainless Steal Brake Lines

Wheels-
Kinesis K28s
Factory Kinesis finish which still has the Kinesis tags on the rear of the faces
18x8.5 with Yokohama S Drive 215/40/18
18x10 with Yokohama S Drive 245/35/18

Interior-
Recaro A8 Seats which are color matched to the OEM Factory Interior color
Custom Steering Wheel - smaller diameter, thicker with flat bottom and 9 and 3 oclock finger bumps
S3 Floor Mats
New body S3 shift Knob
OEM RSNE Audi Navigation double din - navigation works and talks to the cluster MFA
JL W3 10" subwoofer in custom enclosure
P3 Vent OBD gauge

I'm sure there is still a bunch of things I am forgetting to list so if you have any questions feel free to reach out and ask

Body currently has 103.5k miles
Motor has 93.5k miles
$31k OBO
Would love to trade for a TTRS

See less See more
#39 ·
FEELER: FS/FT: 2001 Audi S3

2001 Audi S3

Car was originally a 1.8t with a ko4, same setup at the TT225 with a 6 speed awd haldex
In 2015 the motor was fully built with a precision 6062 - later in 2016 car made 577awhp 503awtq
At the end of 2016 we had a mishap and ended up needing a new bottom end
After long debate and many thoughts I decided to part out the 1.8t and turbo kit and do a 3.2 VR6 swap (out of a 2004 R32)
Before putting the motor in I did every bit of maintenance: timing chains and guides, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, coil packs, metal crack pipe, new water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, front main seal, rear main seal, reseal oil pan, coolant temp sensor, you name it I changed it. Only things that remain untouched are the oil pump and head gasket, as it looked nice and dry and saw no reason to dismantle the head off the block.
I also stripped the block and applied por15 to it to clean it up and look now.

Body-
Full color change from Black to BMW Euro Spec Salmon Silver
I get tons of compliments on the color
Color matched door blades, rear bumper insert, front bumper insert and shaved euro license plate tub

Mods:
Engine-
Swoops Built Intake with built in velocity stack
Swoops Built Custom 3.2 Header which is vbanded into my custom 3" "turboback" to an oldschool GHL muffler
United Motorsport Tune with all deletes
Fluidamr crank pulley
Lightweight power steering pump
VF Engineering Motor mounts with FFE delrin inserts
Stainless Steal fuel lines off the fuel rail which connect to -AN hoses that go all the way back to the tank (these were installed with the 1.8t built)
Duetschwerks high flow intank fuel pump

Drivetrain/Suspesion-
OEM Clutch kit brand new when the swap was done
Diesel Geek Sigma 6 speed short shifter
HPA Blue Haldex Controller
Broadway Static?Fortune Auto Coilovers
H&R Rear sway bar
Madmax rear adjustable upper and lower control arms
Delrin front control arm inserts

Brakes-
Tarox B30 6 piston front big brake kit with curve slotted rotos
Rear slotted rotors
Front and Rear Stainless Steal Brake Lines

Wheels-
Kinesis K28s
Factory Kinesis finish which still has the Kinesis tags on the rear of the faces
18x8.5 with Yokohama S Drive 215/40/18
18x10 with Yokohama S Drive 245/35/18

Interior-
Recaro A8 Seats which are color matched to the OEM Factory Interior color
Custom Steering Wheel - smaller diameter, thicker with flat bottom and 9 and 3 oclock finger bumps
S3 Floor Mats
New body S3 shift Knob
OEM RSNE Audi Navigation double din - navigation works and talks to the cluster MFA
JL W3 10" subwoofer in custom enclosure
P3 Vent OBD gauge

I'm sure there is still a bunch of things I am forgetting to list so if you have any questions feel free to reach out and ask

Body currently has 103.5k miles
Motor has 93.5k miles
$31k OBO
Would love to trade for a TTRS
This car is really sweet it definitely does remind me of a MK4 GTI it's very similar in appearance!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.