VWVortex.com - What did you do to your Golf R today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 976 of 977 FirstFirst ... 476876926966972973974975976977 LastLast
    Results 24,376 to 24,400 of 24420

Thread: What did you do to your Golf R today?

1. Member
      09-13-2020 08:52 AM #24376
      Quote Originally Posted by zllekk View Post
      I can see them just fine. Black is awesome for me. Thats why theyre mine. Iwent from black 19 OZs to 18 neuspeeds. Thanks for chiming in though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      I have the same wheels. Love them man. They are super lite and paired with Michelin PS AS3+ they are awesome.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2019 TR Golf R 6MT
      09-13-2020 10:57 AM #24377
      Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
      I know how that wheel looks but as with most wheels in black you might as well have bought any old wheel because you cant actually define the shape of the wheel in that color unless you are up close to it in good daylight. The RSe11R is a a nice looking wheel though.
      I agree with the black wheels and design opinion of not being able to see the design. I wanted to switch from my Black Prets to something else, but every time I see something else on the car it just doesn't seem right with all the gloss black trim on the mk7.5 R.

Black wheels look much better in person than in pictures to me for some reason.

The Neuspeeds are lighter which I'm sure helps with the overall feel.

4. Junior Member
      09-13-2020 12:59 PM #24378
      Quote Originally Posted by jaysGTI View Post
      I agree with the black wheels and design opinion of not being able to see the design. I wanted to switch from my Black Prets to something else, but every time I see something else on the car it just doesn't seem right with all the gloss black trim on the mk7.5 R.

Black wheels look much better in person than in pictures to me for some reason.

The Neuspeeds are lighter which I'm sure helps with the overall feel.
      Not sure when, but VW switched the shade/finish of the pretoria's from the standard shiny silver to a more satin/darker silver, they are pretty nice - although I would argue that depends on the colour of your car. I love the black pretoria wheels (any anthracite to black in general for that matter), the only problem I found is that if you aren't keeping your tires clean and dressed the whole wheel looks bad (this only compounds if you live somewhere with harsh weather) - and if you get any curb rash or scratches it becomes a nightmare.

5. Member
      09-13-2020 06:24 PM #24379
      Quote Originally Posted by GGambit View Post
      I have the same wheels. Love them man. They are super lite and paired with Michelin PS AS3+ they are awesome.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
      I am shocked how well these perform. I also love the fitment without spacers although the fronts do have a little more poke now compared to the back. I drove from Vegas to Jackson Hole the day after I got them fitted. The twisties and the freeway drives are both way better than my O.Z's. Neuspeed for the win.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf R
      09-14-2020 02:27 AM #24380
      Quote Originally Posted by Crild View Post
      They are extremely expensive vs other brands at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      Huh. Other wheels in this price point are much heavier, and quite frankly ugly. You can’t beat Neuspeeds for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Rick

7. Junior Member
      09-16-2020 12:40 AM #24381
      Installed my suspension over the weekend:

Eibach pro-kit
      Tyrolsport deadset front subframe kit
      Eurosport Street camber
      O34 Rear shock mounts
      Bilstein B6 DCC
      New OEM bearings, Strut mounts, Hardware, Bumpstops

Install was smooth and easier than I anticipated. Overall, it took just under 6 hours to do everything. I purposefully purchased all the associated suspension bits to make the install a straight swap. First time doing work on the suspension of my R (aside from the rear Neuspeed bar I installed a couple of years ago with MOOG endlinks) but have installed many suspension setups on previous cars (STI, S2000, Miata, Tacoma)...Used a 2x2 ~23” long with a hole drilled near the top to pass the pinch bolt through the endlink mount and compress the shock out of the knuckle.

I am enthusiastically pleased to say the least! The car rides amazing! It is compliant, controlled, and comfortable. The new suspension is hardly firmer than stock...in ways it rides much more comfortably due to the lack of “floatiness” the stock OEM suspension exhibits. Each mode on the DCC is far more distinguishable and squat/dive/roll is near non-existent! The car just had so much more control. I cannot speak highly enough of this setup (have had many cars in my past with dedicated track coil overs that were just not as forgiving around town, but that’s no surprise).

Alignment was done and is near perfect! I gained some caster over my stock alignment I had back in December, gained another 1.2 of camber and best of all everything is even all around. Once I’m in the car all the numbers match up!

Crummy picture with a dirty car in a level empty school parking lot. I’ll take better pics when I get a chance.

In case anyone is wondering I am running BFI F/R Spacers 8/10 respectively with Motorsport Hardware 78mm race studs riding on Indy 500 235/35 19 (got a great deal on them so I bit the bullet, but wish I had gone PS4S...next time)

Kind Regards,
      Ryan

Vehicles
      2018 Golf R, '96 993
      09-16-2020 09:59 AM #24382
      Finally put in my spare tire kit. Exciting, I know.
      2018 Golf R , '96 993
      past:2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro,
      '85 GTI, 17 yrs , 280k miles, '75 Nova (first car)

09-16-2020 10:33 AM #24383
      Quote Originally Posted by r12rex View Post

Eibach pro-kit
      Eurosport Street camber
      O34 Rear shock mounts
      Bilstein B6 DCC

Install was smooth and easier than I anticipated. Overall, it took just under 6 hours to do everything. I purposefully purchased all the associated suspension bits to make the install a straight swap. First time doing work on the suspension of my R (aside from the rear Neuspeed bar I installed a couple of years ago with MOOG endlinks) but have installed many suspension setups on previous cars (STI, S2000, Miata, Tacoma)...Used a 2x2 ~23” long with a hole drilled near the top to pass the pinch bolt through the endlink mount and compress the shock out of the knuckle.

I am enthusiastically pleased to say the least! The car rides amazing! It is compliant, controlled, and comfortable. The new suspension is hardly firmer than stock...in ways it rides much more comfortably due to the lack of “floatiness” the stock OEM suspension exhibits. Each mode on the DCC is far more distinguishable and squat/dive/roll is near non-existent! The car just had so much more control. I cannot speak highly enough of this setup (have had many cars in my past with dedicated track coil overs that were just not as forgiving around town, but that’s no surprise).

Alignment was done and is near perfect! I gained some caster over my stock alignment I had back in December, gained another 1.2 of camber and best of all everything is even all around. Once I’m in the car all the numbers match up!

Crummy picture with a dirty car in a level empty school parking lot. I’ll take better pics when I get a chance.

In case anyone is wondering I am running BFI F/R Spacers 8/10 respectively with Motorsport Hardware 78mm race studs riding on Indy 500 235/35 19 (got a great deal on them so I bit the bullet, but wish I had gone PS4S...next time)

Kind Regards,
      Ryan
      Ryan, thank you for the review, this is very close to what I plan on doing, Eibach, and the Bilstein B6's. I currently have the CSS knuckles/hubs so I'm not sure if I will add the EuroSport inserts or not (would give me -2.9 or -3.0). You're gonna love the camber addition, makes a big difference. Enjoy the ride!
      -Chad

'16 Lapiz Blue Golf R w/DCC, Nav, DAP: Euro R tails, HPA catted downpipe, EQT Stage 2 ECU/TCU, Uni TIP, Majesty Intercooler, RSE10 18x8.5 245/40/18 Michelin PS4s

10. Junior Member
      09-16-2020 08:36 PM #24384
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfRRRR View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by r12rex View Post

Eibach pro-kit
      Eurosport Street camber
      O34 Rear shock mounts
      Bilstein B6 DCC

Kind Regards,
      Ryan
      Ryan, thank you for the review, this is very close to what I plan on doing, Eibach, and the Bilstein B6's. I currently have the CSS knuckles/hubs so I'm not sure if I will add the EuroSport inserts or not (would give me -2.9 or -3.0). You're gonna love the camber addition, makes a big difference. Enjoy the ride!
      Thanks!! The added negative camber made a significant difference just going on my usual commute with fun on ramps! Definitely carrying more speed and the car is so stable...even on bumps mid-corner. You’ll love the setup when you get yours! It’s a pretty mild setup overall...perfect for backroad twisties and daily driving duties.

Kind Regards,
      Ryan

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MK 7 Golf R
      09-16-2020 09:12 PM #24385
      Brought home a garage mate

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R
      09-16-2020 09:29 PM #24386
      I didn’t know those Eurosport camber mounts added -1 degree of camber. For some reason I thought it was more like -0.5.

13. Member
      09-16-2020 09:35 PM #24387

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vehicles
      MKVII GTI Autobahn, B5.5 A4 1.8T, MKIII 2.Slow (Traded off), Mazda RX8,
      09-17-2020 10:01 PM #24388
      Bought it..

Decided to trade my S4 for this mint CPO with 3k on it. So far I am very happy with the decision. I have 034 rear sway & endlinks ordered, trying to decide on what tune to get. Had Eurodyne on my S4 and on my GTI before that, heard great things about IE, might go that route.

2015 MK7 GTI Autobahn DSG
      INSTAGRAM: abe30248

15. Member
      09-17-2020 11:04 PM #24389
      Quote Originally Posted by U_know_me View Post
      Bought it..

Decided to trade my S4 for this mint CPO with 3k on it. So far I am very happy with the decision. I have 034 rear sway & endlinks ordered, trying to decide on what tune to get. Had Eurodyne on my S4 and on my GTI before that, heard great things about IE, might go that route.

United motorsports if going stage 2+

Vehicles
      2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
      09-17-2020 11:10 PM #24390
      Requiring a trip to a dealer or tuning shop is the way of the past. UM? Great tuners, but you are tied to the shop and no way to recoup any costs. Pointless for a stock turbo car. They won't extract any more power than the rest like APR, Uni, etc...

Cobb
      Eurodyne (if you prefer full control)
      soon you will also have ECUtek and HPTuners

IE is just like the rest of the canned tunes.

Vehicles
      '18 Golf R DSG
      09-17-2020 11:12 PM #24391
      Gave it a bath.

'18 Golf R // Oryx White // DSG

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R
      09-17-2020 11:27 PM #24392
      Bought it..

Right on! I really like the red. Idk how much power you're used to but I have a 7.5 with APR+ & an intake & I'm beyond pleased with what the R does with that setup. Any route you go enjoy the R I'm absolutely thrilled with mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R
      09-17-2020 11:51 PM #24393
      Bought it..

Awesome! I’ve been considering the same rear sway. Not sure if I’m going to do that or some camber in the front first. Congratulations on the purchase.

Vehicles
      16 VW Golf R MT /// 12 VW Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      09-19-2020 06:01 AM #24394
      Bought it..

SuperPro would have been a better choice, especially for the endlinks. If I were to do it again, I'd still go with the SuperPro rear swaybar but with the Moog endlinks instead.
      Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
      I lubed it up really well. I got it in eventually but it was nothing like how they show in the video. Usually the case, but I'm friggin sore still!

Vehicles
      04 R32, 16 Golf R
      09-19-2020 08:18 AM #24395
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      SuperPro would have been a better choice, especially for the endlinks. If I were to do it again, I'd still go with the SuperPro rear swaybar but with the Moog endlinks instead.
      I have the SuperPro RSB. Initially I ran it with the SuperPro end links, but they literally fell apart. I think that they were too long for a lowered car. I replaced them with the Moog end links, and have been very pleased with them! Can’t beat them for the price!

22. Member
      Vehicles
      7R '16 6M
      09-19-2020 10:40 AM #24396
      Quote Originally Posted by BMPR324me View Post
      I have the SuperPro RSB. Initially I ran it with the SuperPro end links, but they literally fell apart. I think that they were too long for a lowered car. I replaced them with the Moog end links, and have been very pleased with them! Can’t beat them for the price!
      SuperPro seems like good quality stuff but for me replacing a hollow bar with a solid heavier one is sacrilege - why not use Eibach or APR which are hollow?

09-19-2020 10:52 AM #24397
      Quote Originally Posted by visualistics View Post
      Gave it a bath.

Wheels? Specs? VMR 701?
      -Chad

'16 Lapiz Blue Golf R w/DCC, Nav, DAP: Euro R tails, HPA catted downpipe, EQT Stage 2 ECU/TCU, Uni TIP, Majesty Intercooler, RSE10 18x8.5 245/40/18 Michelin PS4s

Vehicles
      '18 Golf R DSG
      09-19-2020 11:15 AM #24398
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfRRRR View Post

Wheels? Specs? VMR 701?
      Yup, VMR 701, 19x8.5 with custom center caps. Can't remember the offset...
      '18 Golf R // Oryx White // DSG

Vehicles
      04 R32, 16 Golf R
      09-19-2020 11:38 AM #24399
      Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
      SuperPro seems like good quality stuff but for me replacing a hollow bar with a solid heavier one is sacrilege - why not use Eibach or APR which are hollow?
      This is certainly a fair point. I think a strong case could be made for a hollow bar.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 Passat gone 2008 R32 gone -2016 Golf R
      09-19-2020 12:43 PM #24400
      Hadn’t pulled out the spare to check the pressure in about 2 years. It was down to 28 psi. Back up to 60 psi now.

Page 976 of 977 FirstFirst ... 476876926966972973974975976977 LastLast