VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

End of an Era - Cayman Sold

663K views 8K replies 405 participants last post by  mAdD INDIAN 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it was a fun 7 years, but the Cayman has been sold. It has gone to a very good home and will be enjoyed by its new owner.

It's funny to think it was the one constant through so much change. 4 different living accommodations - Apartment, Loft, Condo and House. And 4 different jobs.

Anyway, anyone who's had a car they loved for a long time can probably relate, it's a weird feeling to have it gone.

In its place... something has been ordered and will be arriving in 75 days.

Reactions: ItsHabanero
#8,059 ·
Exactly. 250 km a week was my old commute. 25 km each way to/from Richmond Hill. Equalled 50 km per day or 250 km per work week.

Unrelated, but I also don't need as big a car anymore now that both kids are just in booster seats not huge child seats. And no more strollers or any crazy kid stuff.

Ironically.... these would be the PERFECT years to have the kids in the back seat of oh, I don't know... a 991.1 maybe?

Oh well, next car will be smaller, either an S3 or Mk8.5 R or massively depreciated Taycan. :)

#8,069 · (Edited)
Drone flying is getting more and more fun. Brief flight over the tallest building in Canada.

And a close up on the underside of the former tallest structure in the world for 35 years.

Reactions: Preppy
#8,083 ·
I got this ad on FB and thought of this thread. Why doesn’t Hawk jump on this incredible deal? 😂

View attachment 367895
+tx

Had another ad for a dealership’s used listings and the featured one was a 2013 Hawk-spec (black, few options) 911 PDK, but it may have been an S instead of a base…
$95k 😱
12k a year allowance. Hahahahah

What a joke.

#8,116 ·
The Michelin Or Nothing fanbois are enough for me to get Conti's instead. Have Conti Extreme Contact Sports on my Cayman and have been very happy with them, tons of grip, great in the wet, wear well. That said, BRZ came with Pilot Sport 4s, son's BRZ and wife's M240i both have Michelin XIce Snows and they are great tires.

Honestly Hawk, unless you are going full send often and using all of the grip of your stock tires I'd consider a UHP like the Pilot Sport AS4 or Extreme Contact DWS Plus. Will still have lots of grip, but better wear, and will be better in the shoulder seasons.

#7,800 ·
Took the car in for my 60,000km service. It's included under the Audi Care package I bought.

They texted me this fun little walk around video. I've never had that before. But now I can share it with you all....

I've asked them to do an alignment. I'm not going to do tires or pads/rotors yet.

Check out the pricing for pad & rotors from the Audi dealer parts & labour quote:

Rear Pads & Rotors Installed: $3,500
Front Pads & Rotors Installed: $4,500

$8,000 for pads & rotos installed all around?!?!

That's astronomical. My Porsche was only like $2K for front pads and rotors. These are not carbon ceramics, just steel. Going to call my independent guy. :D

#7,801 ·
Check out the pricing for pad & rotors from the Audi dealer parts & labour quote:

Rear Pads & Rotors Installed: $3,500
Front Pads & Rotors Installed: $4,500

$8,000 for pads & rotos installed all around?!?!

That's astronomical. My Porsche was only like $2K for front pads and rotors. These are not carbon ceramics, just steel. Going to call my independent guy. :D
This was exactly the reason I upgraded to carbon ceramics. Finance the extra cost and not have to worry about a brake job on a stupidly powerful and heavy car for 100k miles.

Now stopping after driving on the highway in sub freezing temps and road spray conditions is a whole other matter lol.

#7,805 ·
Yeah the labour isn't even that much (relatively) it's the cost of those damn rotors! (You'd think I was putting a MacBook Air at each corner of the car.) Don't have to do either just yet, but likely rears in the next 15,000km.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

• Wow
Reactions: steelgatorb8
#2 ·

Ok, but seriously... hope you enjoy whatever the new ride is. I'm sure we'll be seeing pictures of it microseconds after you take delivery. :laugh: