VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

End of an Era - Cayman Sold

663K views 8K replies 405 participants last post by  mAdD INDIAN 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it was a fun 7 years, but the Cayman has been sold. It has gone to a very good home and will be enjoyed by its new owner.

It's funny to think it was the one constant through so much change. 4 different living accommodations - Apartment, Loft, Condo and House. And 4 different jobs.

Anyway, anyone who's had a car they loved for a long time can probably relate, it's a weird feeling to have it gone.

In its place... something has been ordered and will be arriving in 75 days.

Reactions: ItsHabanero
#4,142 · (Edited)
Those renovation costs will just help in the bidding wars for the house. He'll be well compensated. Any short fall will have been easily justifiable from the enjoyment of using the renovations.

Property taxes in Toronto are much less than the surrounding areas. My previous home in Richmond Hill is noticeably more for less home. Toronto has held at or below inflation tax rate for many years now. The cost of maintaining services has gone up much higher. The only thing that saved Toronto was the land transfer taxes to balance the budget.

My next home will be a bungalow on half to one acre (or more). A healthy sized garage. Vicinity to a good golf course, bike trails and vicinity to big city services. I don't need a large structure, just the garage and some privacy.

#4,541 ·
And have them chase you back to your car or call you in a few days saying OK deal.

Hawk, not like you have anything to lose. You have the bargaining power. You dont need a car. Walk in say youre interested in the car. Say you would buy it if they can sell it you for $115k. If they say no, say thanks and leave your contact info if they decide to change their minds an go home.

See what happens. If you get the call, great you got a good deal. If not, well you werent going to buy one anyways ;)

#4,594 ·
so you basically have all the MSRP and extra options wiped from the spec sheet and you pay for the car with a steering wheel.

not terrible, if that's the car you want.
tell them to chop the floor mats out too. sheesh.

I'll still say buying a Taycan is suicide for the guy (YOU) who is so commitment phobic in this first gen offering.
You are bored.
We are bored for you.
It's arguably as risky as buying a RS5 for cash, watching it depreciate like a stone when you take the keys off the desk.... because the Taycan is the way of the future... just perhaps not these ones.

from $80k to $148k..... that escalatedquickly.gif

#4,602 ·
Yeah that one that really sours me are places that charge $500 admin costs. It's like you're charging me to write up the paperwork on the car??? Like can you imagine if restaurants charged you extra to calculate your bill and print your receipt. Am I missing something really hard about admin on a new car?

Also, if I want to trade-in my car for more at another dealership (like Downtown Honda) they'll let me 'flow through the sale' but will charge $1,000 for that luxury. Argh.

Anyway, I think this is probably a good deal, but on something that's just getting into way too expensive to start with.

I dunno anymore, my head is spinning. Got go grab a nice Mr. Sub for lunch.

#5,141 ·
#5,161 ·
Man. I just googled Nardo RS5. I can't believe you picked black over that!!!

You know it's better to pick cars with options that are popular, because when it comes to future resale, it will sell quicker and get you more for trade in. Looks like the black optics package is a must-have for most buyers and I bet most buyers aren't buying RS5s in black either.

But hey not my car, you do you - hawk.

#5,330 ·
mirror housing is $800 (seems insane, bet could be found for less i bet)

rear black optics is $690

#5,401 ·
Oh man, seeing this, I'm SOOOOOO glad I changed to Black Optics Pack. Yikes. Avoided a big mistake at the last minute. I knew something was up when not a SINGLE car at dealership across Canada didn't have the Black Optics pack. All 25 had it. And this is obviously why. (Decent enough wheels though)