VWVortex.com - My '70 German Look Ghia
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: My '70 German Look Ghia

1. 09-23-2018 11:07 PM #151
      Went out and did some Auto-X at Neosho Mo -- Great group of guys from Ozark Z's and they put on a great event!!!

Was airing up my tires and just glanced at the dates on my tires.... They're freaking 8 years old. Damn!!! Spent the whole day short shifting and trying to stay off boost.... The second it would come on boost the back end would just crawl out from under me.... Loads of fun, like being on a slick track, My old butt wasn't up for the challenge LOL

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 11-15-2018 04:09 PM #152
      My first winter in Missouri.... Learning experience has started. Winterized the Barn, the Shop, the cars..... Last weekend was the last car show, track day and get together for the year, so I guess it's time to put the Ghia to bed for the winter (especially since it is suppose to be 17 degrees here in the next couple of days). And start the Mods I've got planned for her... The shop is done and ready for the big move.

4. 11-15-2018 04:10 PM #153
      A couple of days after that I woke up to this

It's been in the teens and 20's F since so the snow hasn't melted yet
      Last edited by Fiatdude; 11-15-2018 at 04:14 PM.

5. 11-16-2018 12:31 AM #155
      Just (re)found this over view of the Fiat build -- Forgot it existed

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewto...789&hilit=fiat

6. 12-15-2018 01:00 AM #156
      Damn -- -- It seems like just last week it was running

Vehicles
      '17 GTI Sport, '19 Jetta
      12-16-2018 10:51 PM #157
      Welcome to Missouri! Or maybe Misery, not too sure some days lol. I haven't been on the air cooled side of the vortex since I moved out of my dad's place and sadly no longer have an air cooled VW in my life but this Ghia is awesome. Looks like you're southwest of Springfield if I'm not mistaken but if you're willing to Journey up I-44 a few times a year, we've got a couple pretty sweet V-Dub shows in St. Louis at Schlafly Bottle Works, There's also Buses Nowhere Near the Arch which is an annual VW only camping trip up at Mark Twain Lake. The two Schlafly shows are in Spring and Fall usually March and April I believe and I want to say August for the camp trip.
      No matter how awesome any car I drive is, NOTHING will match the joy I got from my calypso B3 Passat

Check out the bi-polar beetle build thread

8. 12-17-2018 01:30 AM #158
      Thanks for the compliment!!! I believe there's a show in February that I'm trying to get this all back together for -- I don't think I'll make it but LOL...

If you get me some info on those shows I'll see if I can make one of them.....

Vehicles
      Mk6 Golf R
      01-15-2019 03:56 PM #159
      Fiatdude,

What are the specs on that engine? I've got a 914, thought of the same setup.

10. 01-15-2019 10:22 PM #160
      Just your standard 2332 running 94 pistons -- mystery cam and very good heads

11. 06-12-2019 11:06 PM #161
      Welllllll, Six months later and 3 house rehab projects later....

Upon tear down found that there was almost .090" of slop between the barrels and the case... No wonder I had a terrible oil leak, those barrels were just flopping around on the case.... And the main journals on the crank were worn. Sent it out for a little grinding, so it is .010" under now.

New parts have arrived, case has been machined, long barrels machined, new cam, new pistons and some total seal rings..... Now I'm looking for all that ambition (OK any ambition) to get started working on this old thing.....

New Parts

I'm trying to see some new swing arms setting here.... Might have to break out some more ambition. LOL

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567