Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Unitronic wideband ecu harness in TT

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Audi TT Quattro 1.8t
      01-02-2015 05:46 PM #1
      So I just installed my unitronic wideband ecu harness using a AWP ecu replacing my ATC narrowband ecu. Everything works perfectly, basically the only thing different you have to do from their instructions is remove pin #61 so your fans work correctly and use a razor modify the connector to 81 pin connector so they fit together...the more you know.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      01 TT225(daily) 01 TT225(project) 03 GTI 20AE (daily) 13 S5
      01-02-2015 06:06 PM #2
      Any more details on "only thing different you had to do?" I have the harness in two of my TTs (one isn't running), and I have fan issues. Long story: recently replaced one fan that wasn't working and actually confirmed today that the car will overheat at idle if the AC isn't on. Thanks in advance.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      01-02-2015 07:08 PM #3
      Once my car reaches about 220 degrees fahrenheit the fans kick on, I have a fmic which makes a HUGE difference over stock and prolongs it overheating

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      01-03-2015 09:16 AM #4
      I appreciate the response, but it didn't really answer much. I don't have a FMIC, and my fans didn't kick on yesterday with coolant at 111*C. I thought you were describing a known issue with the harness conversion and it's affect on the fan control module in TT's. What did you change or modify on the harness and why?

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      01-04-2015 10:36 AM #5
      I removed pin #61 so it would not interfere with the fan control module, if you don't remove it your fans will not work properly

8. Member
      Vehicles
      01-05-2015 11:44 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiMan365 View Post
      I removed pin #61 so it would not interfere with the fan control module, if you don't remove it your fans will not work properly
      Not work properly how? What symptoms? The only thing I find when searching is people who have had the fans run constantly, which isn't the issue I'm having.

9. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      01-05-2015 06:12 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by 20v master View Post
      Not work properly how? What symptoms? The only thing I find when searching is people who have had the fans run constantly, which isn't the issue I'm having.
      Your issue might be the low speed fan resistor blowing out which has nothing to do with the wideband harness conversion

10. Member
      Vehicles
      01-06-2015 09:27 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      Your issue might be the low speed fan resistor blowing out which has nothing to do with the wideband harness conversion
      Wouldn't the fan then not work?

11. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      01-06-2015 10:54 AM #9
      Low speed fans would not work

12. 02-13-2019 05:12 AM #10
      So I just installed my unitronic wideband ecu harness using a AWP ecu replacing my ATC narrowband ecu. Everything works perfectly, basically the only thing different you have to do from their instructions is remove pin #61 so your fans work correctly and use a razor modify the connector to 81 pin connector so they fit together...the more you know.
      hi there!!! pin #61!!! do have to do the same?i got audi tt 180hp quattro AJQ.so did Unitronic wideband ecu harness.....I have fan issues!!!! everthing is workin fine when the egine is running exept when the egine is hot and the fans are running at the time and I turn the injection off the fans stop running..and that moment I turn the injection on they start running again...so you think that's is happing with the pin 61.!!thank you.kostas

13. 06-08-2019 04:28 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by kostas007 View Post
      hi there!!! pin #61!!! do have to do the same?i got audi tt 180hp quattro AJQ.so did Unitronic wideband ecu harness.....I have fan issues!!!! everthing is workin fine when the egine is running exept when the egine is hot and the fans are running at the time and I turn the injection off the fans stop running..and that moment I turn the injection on they start running again...so you think that's is happing with the pin 61.!!thank you.kostas

Removing white terminal #61 will FIX all A/C & FAN related issues involving unitronics wideband conversion. They don’t include this in their diy, would be helpful for people who are unaware and have to go researching to fix their issues.

If you’re having fan & ac issues PRIOR to wideband conversion, removing pin #61 wouldn’t fix either issue.