VWVortex.com - My collection of watches on a budget
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 19 of 19

    Thread: My collection of watches on a budget

    1. Member DeathLens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2007
      Location
      Etobicoke, Ontario
      Posts
      5,676
      Vehicles
      B5 A4
      03-05-2015 09:41 PM #1
      It is somewhat of a family tradition I guess you could say, being interested in watches. My grand dad, dad, and within the past couple years brother all have collections of their own.

      I personally find satisfaction in finding incredible deals on higher priced watches. That being said, this is on a budget of course, I sure as hell am not rich, so all of these are under 600.00 retail.

      My style sometimes clashes between classic and modern...I have a thing for leather bands and rose gold. Below is the entire collection, started about 3 years ago. The more recent ones include the Bulova Catamound, Bulova Marine Star, and the two Citizen's.

      Oh, and all my watches have been purchased by my wonderful fiance, she spoils me absolutely rotten.






















    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. 03-07-2015 03:35 PM #2
      nice collection!..........enjoy!
      perhaps your fiance will make more money at some point and you can jump into the 1000 and above level

    4. Member DeathLens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2007
      Location
      Etobicoke, Ontario
      Posts
      5,676
      Vehicles
      B5 A4
      03-08-2015 01:09 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by mauslick View Post
      nice collection!..........enjoy!
      perhaps your fiance will make more money at some point and you can jump into the 1000 and above level
      For sure

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2008
      Location
      North NJ
      Posts
      1,454
      Vehicles
      Current: 2016 golf, 2004 passat
      03-18-2015 10:00 AM #4
      Nice collection OP! I love Bulova's for some reason and i have quite a few myself. I really like that blue and white one you have there. do you instagram? i follow a bunch of different watch profiles on there, but one in particular posts all watches under $500 (@practicalwatch) with the style or what to wear and etc. The pages are addicting to look at. I have about 12 watches total myself

    7. Member DeathLens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2007
      Location
      Etobicoke, Ontario
      Posts
      5,676
      Vehicles
      B5 A4
      03-18-2015 10:03 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by dunkadunkle View Post
      Nice collection OP! I love Bulova's for some reason and i have quite a few myself. I really like that blue and white one you have there. do you instagram? i follow a bunch of different watch profiles on there, but one in particular posts all watches under $500 (@practicalwatch) with the style or what to wear and etc. The pages are addicting to look at. I have about 12 watches total myself
      Thanks! Love Bulova's myself, they seem to just have an awesome collection for solid prices.

      My instagram: matt_pfafftuning

      My brother is huge into watches to (before me), his instagram is: teh_mad_hatter

      I am going to have to check out that @practicalwatch...though it may be dangerous.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2008
      Location
      North NJ
      Posts
      1,454
      Vehicles
      Current: 2016 golf, 2004 passat
      03-18-2015 10:37 AM #6
      ill give you a follow, you can follow back if you want (@greasysicilian)...up to you! i post pics of my watches and poker chip porn lol

      i also follow these funny pages @fakewatchbusta and @rolex_enforcer lol if you didnt know they bust ppl and put them on blast with theyre fake luxury watches. pretty entertaining.

    9. Member Sizzla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2005
      Location
      Hutto, TX
      Posts
      3,255
      Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      04-05-2015 06:32 PM #7
      Hope you're enjoying them all!

    10. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      26,606
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      04-06-2015 04:03 PM #8
      Nice I suppose. So many timex's, bulovas, and fossils, but no Seikos? Really? I like the green citizen, precisionist diver, timex compass, and G shock. Sell the others and buy a nice seiko. They have some fantastic watches for <$500. I picked up my first Seiko several months ago--a Prospex GMT diver---and I was blown away by the quality of it. Seiko makes a fantastic watch which easily fits in any low budget or even high budget collection.

    11. Member DeathLens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2007
      Location
      Etobicoke, Ontario
      Posts
      5,676
      Vehicles
      B5 A4
      04-06-2015 05:32 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Nice I suppose. So many timex's, bulovas, and fossils, but no Seikos? Really? I like the green citizen, precisionist diver, timex compass, and G shock. Sell the others and buy a nice seiko. They have some fantastic watches for <$500. I picked up my first Seiko several months ago--a Prospex GMT diver---and I was blown away by the quality of it. Seiko makes a fantastic watch which easily fits in any low budget or even high budget collection.
      I hear yah!

      Honestly I started with the Fossil's and Timex's due to the price point (that being more or less <200). It is just recently that I aquired the Marine Star, Precisionist, and the Citizen. And they all came randomly: the Marine Star I spotted at a local Winners for super cheap, only one just sitting there so I grabbed it haha. The Citizen was the same sort of deal, sitting in a clearance cabinet at Hudson's Bay for way cheap. The Precisionist I found online for a great price and just loved the look of it.

      A Seiko is next for sure. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a couple I am keen on. Also on the hunt for another Bulova, I love a lot of what they have to offer from the Precisionist and higher Marine Star Calendar line.

    12. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      26,606
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      04-06-2015 06:01 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathLens View Post
      A Seiko is next for sure. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a couple I am keen on. Also on the hunt for another Bulova, I love a lot of what they have to offer from the Precisionist and higher Marine Star Calendar line.
      Here are some new Bulovas to check out:
      http://www.ablogtowatch.com/new-bulo...sport-watches/

      The UHF quartz would be the one I'd be especially on the look-out for.

    13. 04-07-2015 10:36 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathLens View Post
      I hear yah!

      Honestly I started with the Fossil's and Timex's due to the price point (that being more or less <200). It is just recently that I aquired the Marine Star, Precisionist, and the Citizen. And they all came randomly: the Marine Star I spotted at a local Winners for super cheap, only one just sitting there so I grabbed it haha. The Citizen was the same sort of deal, sitting in a clearance cabinet at Hudson's Bay for way cheap. The Precisionist I found online for a great price and just loved the look of it.

      A Seiko is next for sure. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a couple I am keen on. Also on the hunt for another Bulova, I love a lot of what they have to offer from the Precisionist and higher Marine Star Calendar line.

      Hi! Some Bulovas and Rados see at http://www.authenticwatchstore.com/rado-watches.html. I recently bought a Rado and happy with purchase. Good luck!
      Last edited by AndyBK; 04-14-2015 at 08:20 AM.

    14. Member DeathLens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2007
      Location
      Etobicoke, Ontario
      Posts
      5,676
      Vehicles
      B5 A4
      06-02-2015 09:28 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Nice I suppose. So many timex's, bulovas, and fossils, but no Seikos? Really?



    15. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      26,606
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      06-02-2015 10:07 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathLens View Post


      Yessssssss!

    16. Member DeathLens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2007
      Location
      Etobicoke, Ontario
      Posts
      5,676
      Vehicles
      B5 A4
      06-02-2015 10:12 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Yessssssss!
      I have found there are a ton of Seiko's are reaaalllllly like, but in the 400-600 price range...so I am not quite there yet. But I am loving this one so far

    17. Member DeathLens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2007
      Location
      Etobicoke, Ontario
      Posts
      5,676
      Vehicles
      B5 A4
      10-07-2015 04:01 PM #15
      Some updates here!

      I am on a personal journey to collect Marine Star's from Bulova, the addition of these two makes three now And both of these came in at under 200.00. The Seiko ended up being a gift from my fiance for our 4 year anniversary, and came in under 300.00! Its all about finding the right place at the right time.






    18. Member G60 Carat's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 14th, 2004
      Location
      Regina, SK
      Posts
      6,546
      Vehicles
      1982 BMW 320i, 1986 Jetta Carat 1.8/ABA Turbo
      11-22-2017 11:20 AM #16
      Did the OP ever get that Seiko?
      "Criminally insane, with a few brief lucid intervals."
      | Rust | Zip-Ties | JB Weld | Bad Idle | Scrapes Ground | Rubs when Turning | Busted Ass Door handles |

    19. 11-17-2018 01:25 AM #17
      I really love to wear eco-friendly watches and Mistura watch brand really attach me to the environment. Here is the collection...

      [IMG]https://mistura.com/collections/our-wooden-watches/products/volkano-sant****na-wooden-watch?variant=19191928774[/IMG]

    20. 07-15-2019 09:31 AM #18
      Do you want to know how to read tarot cards with playing cards? Do you want to get accurate insights about the various aspects of your life like love, career finance, etc.? Tarot Life app is your answer to all such queries! Armed with features like Tarot, Astrology, Numerology, Tarot Life is a great app that helps you to dive deep in the mystic & divine world and take effective decisions.
      You will get to know about yourself in a better way and can form a strategy for the future. There are several benefits of Tarot reading like you gain clarity, the much-needed peace & harmony, your intuition & spiritual power improves a lot, get valuable insights about your relationships, and you can shoo away your woes!!!
      Tarot Life is an awesome app to help you make your life blissful and better. It is very user-friendly and meticulously designed so that even a layman can understand various nuances of Tarot easily!

    21. 11-28-2019 01:51 AM #19
      Do you want to play best free mobile games? Try Snake Beats, it is simply superb!

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •