VWVortex.com - What did you do to your eGolf today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What did you do to your eGolf today?

1. 03-27-2019 07:39 PM #176
      Bought it.

Traded in my 2004 MKIV Jetta wagon, 1.8t manual, with 230,000 miles and more OEM / OEM+ mods than I could count. Sad to see her go, but after 15 years it was time for something new ... and fully electric.

e-Golf is a 2019 SE, silver white, with the driver assistance package (which ALL new 2019's seem to have now). Screaming good deal, I just couldn't walk away from it.

Weird to be back on the 'tex, though. I was very active for a long time, and then about eight years ago I stopped posting.

Next up: finding and installing an autodimming / Homelink mirror. Can't believe it's got a heated windshield with rain-sensing wipers, and they put a flip mirror in there.

--Chris

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 03-28-2019 04:52 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by Nihilator View Post
      Bought it.

Traded in my 2004 MKIV Jetta wagon, 1.8t manual, with 230,000 miles and more OEM / OEM+ mods than I could count. Sad to see her go, but after 15 years it was time for something new ... and fully electric.

e-Golf is a 2019 SE, silver white, with the driver assistance package (which ALL new 2019's seem to have now). Screaming good deal, I just couldn't walk away from it.

Weird to be back on the 'tex, though. I was very active for a long time, and then about eight years ago I stopped posting.

Next up: finding and installing an autodimming / Homelink mirror. Can't believe it's got a heated windshield with rain-sensing wipers, and they put a flip mirror in there.

--Chris
      Welcome Chris. I also have the 2019 SE with BSM and adaptive cruise. Do we really have the heated windshield and rain-sensing wipers? I thought those only came with the SEL. I didn't see an "auto" setting for the wipers. If we do have rain-sensing wipers, that will determine what model mirror you need. Check out deutche auto parts. I think they have all the different models available depending on what else is up by the mirror.

Vehicles
      Mk2 Jetta, Mk5 GTI, Mk7 e-Golf
      03-28-2019 09:59 PM #178
      Welcome aboard. 2016 SEL here. I'm running 17" Pretoria Reps in black. I've modified 50+ things in the computer using OBDeleven. Highly recommend that if you want to tweak the way the car works and activate features that are disabled in the US market. Recently I added the Dynamic turn signals to the mirrors. I ultimately want to lower it 1-1.5" but there really isn't any springs made specifically for our cars. Oh well.

I also have the heated windshield and let me tell you, it melts snow and ice super fast. It's pretty impressive to watch honestly.

There are a few of us that actually are enthusiasts on this thread so if you have any questions just ask. I've been lurking since 2002.😁

5. 03-28-2019 10:57 PM #179
      Quote Originally Posted by fauxQ View Post
      Welcome Chris. I also have the 2019 SE with BSM and adaptive cruise. Do we really have the heated windshield and rain-sensing wipers? I thought those only came with the SEL. I didn't see an "auto" setting for the wipers. If we do have rain-sensing wipers, that will determine what model mirror you need. Check out deutche auto parts. I think they have all the different models available depending on what else is up by the mirror.
      We do have rain-sensing wipers; they're standard on both SE and SEL trims. Put your wipers on INT(erval) and it activates them.

You should have the heated windshield, too. It's a lower-power alternative to the heated-air defrost that most cars have. The windshield should have fine wavy vertical lines; these are the metal elements that heat the windshield.

--Chris

6. 03-28-2019 11:06 PM #180
      Quote Originally Posted by A2JettaGLI18 View Post
      I've modified 50+ things in the computer using OBDeleven. Highly recommend that if you want to tweak the way the car works and activate features that are disabled in the US market. Recently I added the Dynamic turn signals to the mirrors.
      I'll check that out, thanks. I'm comfortable with OBD-port tools. One of my two big mods was swapping out the analog-and-idiot-lights instrument cluster in my 2004 for a cluster with an MFA and custom programming, and that used a custom OBD tool for the programming and adaptation. This is me:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ed-suggestions

The other big mod was swapping out the manual climate control system for Climatronic. Fortunately, the e-Golf already comes with it, so I won't have to do THAT again.

--Chris

7. 03-31-2019 11:38 AM #181
      We do have rain-sensing wipers; they're standard on both SE and SEL trims. Put your wipers on INT(erval) and it activates them.

You should have the heated windshield, too. It's a lower-power alternative to the heated-air defrost that most cars have. The windshield should have fine wavy vertical lines; these are the metal elements that heat the windshield.

--Chris
      Yup, you are correct. I'm chagrinned. When you figure out the right part for the auto-dimming mirror, please share.

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 E-Golf SE (2016 E-Golf SOLD)
      03-31-2019 12:57 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by fauxQ View Post
      Yup, you are correct. I'm chagrinned. When you figure out the right part for the auto-dimming mirror, please share.
      Here you go. This is the correct part # for vehicles equipped with rain sensor.

000-072-548-E

There's a good youtube video from DAP on the installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRzV4vKY1r4

9. 03-31-2019 04:15 PM #183
      Quote Originally Posted by 16e-golf-se View Post

000-072-548-E

Great! Thank you.

10. 04-01-2019 04:45 PM #184
      Just installed a set of Golf R wheels on my e-Golf. Look awesome but need to experiment a bit more to determine impact on range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u53Z4_8_3zs

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 E-Golf SE (2016 E-Golf SOLD)
      04-04-2019 12:33 PM #185
      Quote Originally Posted by c3three View Post
      Just installed a set of Golf R wheels on my e-Golf. Look awesome but need to experiment a bit more to determine impact on range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u53Z4_8_3zs
      Nice video. You should expect 17% drop in range based on this person's install of Cadiz wheels on the E-Golf.

http://www.fastivus.com/project-evolution

12. 04-24-2019 11:39 AM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by 16e-golf-se View Post

000-072-548-E

I installed my autodimming / Homelink mirror yesterday. According to Max at DAP, the "F" version is the one I needed. The "E" version comes with the plastic tunnel that goes from the headliner to the mirror, which would only be necessary if your car didn't already come with rain-sensing wipers.

Crazy that a car with rain-sensing wipers and an electrically heated windshield didn't come with an autodimming mirror. But mine has it now!

The video from DAP doesn't do the clips that hold the A-pillar trim to the car any justice. Those buggers are tough. I ended up just smashing them with a pair of needlenose pliers to get them out. The trim stays in place well enough without the clips, and since I may want to add a dashcam up there (necessitating removing the A-pillar trim to run another power wire up there), I think I'm going to leave it as it is for now.

--Chris

Vehicles
      2002 S8, 2016 e-Golf
      05-09-2019 10:41 PM #187
      Installed and coded power folding mirrors with puddle lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2015 E-Golf
      05-10-2019 04:35 PM #188
      Photos?!

Vehicles
      2002 S8, 2016 e-Golf
      05-10-2019 05:54 PM #189
      Quote Originally Posted by Avanted View Post
      Photos?!
      Photos don’t really do it justice, but sure.

Last edited by sparkstack; 05-10-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Vehicles
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      05-10-2019 06:05 PM #190
      Quote Originally Posted by sparkstack View Post
      Photos don’t really do it justice, but sure.

do you have a parts list or write up for this? would love to at least get mirror down in reverse. we park our tight against the wall in the garage so i'm always putting the mirror down.

Vehicles
      2002 S8, 2016 e-Golf
      05-10-2019 09:16 PM #191
      Quote Originally Posted by DasCC View Post
      do you have a parts list or write up for this? would love to at least get mirror down in reverse. we park our tight against the wall in the garage so i'm always putting the mirror down.
      Writeups are available all over the internet. I pulled this installation guide from uspmotorsports which also has the basic coding in it so that the mirrors will work with all the functions on the switch. I had to do more coding to make the mirrors fold with locking the car.

The mirrors themselves i got from Ebay. There are many available, i picked these.. I wasn't that happy about some aspects, so i dismantled the OEM ones and switched out the turn signal along with the front section of plastic trim. It seemed the fitment of the plastics sent were not as good. Also, the passenger puddle light is not working, need to figure out why, may be a loose connection.

Here is the additional coding. It puts the menu items in the infotainment and also enables fold with locking.

09 BCM Adaption

Channel
      (23) Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappen
      Set From Not Active to Active. Enables using the remote to fold / unfold mirrors.

Channel
      (24) Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappen Modus
      Options are: By convenience operation via remote control key OR by lock command via remote control key.

Channel
      (26) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Funk Speigel anklappen
      Options are not active or active. Enables the menu in the infotainment for folding on lock

18. 06-24-2019 01:30 PM #192
      I installed my autodimming / Homelink mirror yesterday. According to Max at DAP, the "F" version is the one I needed. The "E" version comes with the plastic tunnel that goes from the headliner to the mirror, which would only be necessary if your car didn't already come with rain-sensing wipers.

Crazy that a car with rain-sensing wipers and an electrically heated windshield didn't come with an autodimming mirror. But mine has it now!

The video from DAP doesn't do the clips that hold the A-pillar trim to the car any justice. Those buggers are tough. I ended up just smashing them with a pair of needlenose pliers to get them out. The trim stays in place well enough without the clips, and since I may want to add a dashcam up there (necessitating removing the A-pillar trim to run another power wire up there), I think I'm going to leave it as it is for now.

--Chris
      Hi, I'm want to install the homelink mirror on my 2019 SE/w Driver Assist, and I'm looking for confirmation on what I need to buy. Can you tell me if the "E" version came with everything you needed, and there were just a couple extra trim pieces? And it sounds like you think the "F" version should also work.

19. n00b
      Vehicles
      2019 e-Golf SEL 2017 GSW 4Motion
      07-29-2019 07:01 AM #193
      Got me a 2019 SEL eGolf

Currently awesomely stock. I might have to go crazy and put some spark decals on it. 😜

I’m resisting the urge to accumulate charging accounts. Stopped at three. Two are free at work.

Also working with a local integrator to install a two outlet station at my condo. Lots of $$ out there for charging stations.

20. 08-08-2019 07:51 PM #194

--Chris
      Hi Chris,

I have a 2019 e-Golf SE with DAP. Is the 000-072-548-F the correct homelink mirror part number for it? Is it a plug-n-play installation? Grateful to any info. you can provide.

Thanks,

Tom

21. 08-19-2019 11:59 AM #195
      My 17 miles commute is stop and go, seems I didn't get hit with any range driving in this morning. My initial 800 miles with Astana wheels got 4.9mi/kw extended, commute this morning on new wheels showed 5.1mi/kw. I did drive a little gingerly this morning due to first time changing wheels and wasn't sure it was going to fall off during commute. I charge at work every morning so range anxiety is non existent. Side note, I hear rubbing sound when turning to park at slow speed, not sure where it's coming from hopefully it'll go away.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fUpdPiSUXTJvmpPi7
      Last edited by nhidog; 08-19-2019 at 12:02 PM.

22. n00b
      Vehicles
      2019 e-Golf SEL 2017 GSW 4Motion
      08-19-2019 01:41 PM #196
      Quote Originally Posted by nhidog View Post
      Side note, I hear rubbing sound when turning to park at slow speed, not sure where it's coming from hopefully it'll go away.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fUpdPiSUXTJvmpPi7
      I hear the same thing while turning at slow speed. I think it is the tires rubbing against the pavement ... something I don't hear over the engine noise of my '17 GSW S 4mo

23. 09-04-2019 10:11 AM #197
      Quote Originally Posted by VinceQc View Post
      Got her a just a week ago. Installed sport springs, 19in wheels and tinted windows.

That looks sweet! Hw did it affected your range? Just ordered a 2019 eGolf and the picture was taken at my local tuning shop

Vehicles
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      09-09-2019 01:43 PM #198
      Finally posting about my new to me eGolf. It's a 2016 SE (super base model) but that's fine with me as it's my commuter. That doesn't mean I want to keep it boring though. The first "mod" is a set of GTI wheels that I bought off of a friend of mine. Sure the range will take a hit but it's looks and drives so much better. Next after this will likely be some springs to limit the crazy wheel gap. Loving the eGolf a lot so far since it replaced our beloved Fiat 500e.

New wheels by Wayne Larson, on Flickr

25. 09-11-2019 10:02 PM #199
      Nice wheels. I would love to swap mine but the expense starts to push me back to reality.

But I don’t much care for the stock eGolf wheels.

Vehicles
      '06 Jetta_TDI_DSG (4 work), '06 Jetta_TDI_5spd (4 wife), '90 Corrado_G60 5spd (x2, 4 fun)
      09-14-2019 10:25 PM #200
      Having received delivery of my 2019 the weekend hurricane Dorian was knocking on South Florida's door, I finally got a chance this weekend to put 95 miles on the e-Golf in one day. (my daily commute is 1.5 miles to the office, nothing to see there)

All I can say is THANK YOU!! to the folks who posted that the crazy incentive deals were out there! This car and the PV array I installed back in 2013 are a total game changer. It won't replace my wife's JSW_TDI for the annual road trip to Maine, but for around town commuting (like going to watch my nephew run cross country at the other end of the county this morning) this e-Golf does everything I need a car to do, without visiting a gas pump. Now I just need to get my second PV array out of the garage (5.6kW) and get it installed in my backyard to go 100% sunshine powered with the house, and one car.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678