Rider is a mashup of the Stig and Fat Bastard
      It's the Stig's American Cousin!

03-13-2020 08:33 AM #5203
      Manual offroad Cayenne S in Spain: Autoscout24.de: 2004 Porsche Cayenne S

270.000km, 340hp, 17.499€

5. 03-16-2020 08:11 PM #5204

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...093898115.html

:

Microcar values continue to astound me, this CL example is actually a "bargain" comparatively speaking.

I briefly searched trying to find current market value for these things and stumbled across a museum in Orlando offering a good variety of oddball micros at rather high asking price, but then I saw something truly spectacular that made my inner 10 year old smile wide and remember memories of...

...Frankenstein!

50 big G's and it's all yours!

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...dels/101117496

Vehicles
      2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      03-16-2020 08:38 PM #5205
      RADwood-ready 1996 Mazda MX6 with only 47,000 miles.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto...093147382.html

Vehicles
      2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      03-16-2020 08:46 PM #5206

Vehicles
      2018 F150
      03-16-2020 08:59 PM #5207
      https://jetbimmers.com/inventory/341...1-BMW-5-Series

Inventory Details
      Stock #:4079 VIN:WBADS33431GD50016
      Year:2001
      Make:BMW
      Model:5-Series
      Trim:525i
      Body Style:4d Wagon
      Trans:Manual
      Fuel:Gas
      Ext. Color:Red
      Int. Color:Beige
      Engine:2.5l I-6 EFI Dohc 2.5l
      Mileage: 123,689
      MPG:20.0 City / 29.0 Hwy
      New / Used:Used
      Drive Train:RWD
      Carfax No DamageNo Accidents Reported Carfax Service History16 Service History Records Carfax Personal UsePersonal Use

Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

Vehicles
      2019 GTI/9-5 Aero SportCombi/993/Volt
      03-25-2020 10:56 PM #5208
      https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...095573663.html

1996 Toyota Camry - $1800 (Pico-Robertson)

After 12 years, I am selling my trusty 1996 Toyota Camry.

The car has never been in an accident. The Title is clean and in my name.

Because of Coronavirus / COVID-19, I cannot meet up with you yet if you are interested in the car. That will have to wait until social distancing is no longer imperative for public safety. In the meantime, please send me an email to express your interest in the car, and we can figure out a path forward.

My grandma Shirley purchased the car new at Toyota of Cupertino in 1996. She drove the car until August 2008. I was 15 and had just gotten my learner’s permit. She decided to give me the car. I promised her I would take care of it for many years. The car arrived in September 2008 at my childhood home in Seattle, WA, and my parents began teaching me how to drive it.

I got my driver’s license on July 1, 2009, two days after my 16th birthday. I drove the Camry from that day until January 28, 2020, the day I purchased my new car. The Camry has been with me through high school and college in Seattle, moving to Connecticut for my first job, moving to Berkeley for graduate school, and then finally moving to Los Angeles, where I live now and hope to stay.

Quirks and Features:
      - The Dent. It was November 2009. I was 16 and a junior in high school. I had morning jazz band rehearsal at 7am. Too early. At that point, I had been driving to jazz band for several weeks so I felt like I had a routine. I would back straight out of the driveway, turn around in the cul de sac, and be off towards school. The previous evening, however, my Mom parked her car (Prius, obviously) in my normal backup path, and, in my sleepy slumber, I did not look behind me. So, unfortunately, I backed the Camry into my Mom’s Prius at about 3 mph. Thankfully there was no noticeable damage to the Prius. There was, however, noticeable damage to the Camry: The Dent.

- Blue Tape. You will notice that the Window Height Adjustment Button Panel (WHABP) on the driver’s side has blue tape around it. One day a couple years ago the WHABP got loose and eventually started falling off. This was odd, because all the windows and buttons still worked perfectly. I went to the hardware store and superglued it back on. The clerk at the hardware store recommended I put blue tape over the superglue to help it set correctly. I did that and it worked great. Once the glue had dried and the WHABP was secure, I thought I might as well just leave the tape on there since it’s more work to take it off. And, if anything, the blue tape helps preserve the retrofitted structural integrity of the WHABP.

- Audio System Upgrades. In February 2018, I hired JG Audio and Alarm in Berkeley, CA, to replace the four original 1990s speakers with four new, higher quality speakers. JG also replaced the Camry’s stock cassette deck with a new center audio console with Bluetooth and USB connection for charging and music. The Camry bumps (musically). The ride is smooth.

- The Camry will always keep you comfortable. The power windows all work, ready to let in fresh air. The AC and Heat work for hot days and less hot days. The Front and Rear Defrosters also work, ensuring that you always have optimal visibility.

- The Camry can carry you, your friends, and your gear. The trunk is huge. The rear seats go down easily, allowing you to expand the trunk space even more. The front seats are manual but they can move forward and backward quite a bit, giving lots of legroom or lots of storage in the back. Only winning combinations.

- Remember where you park. The Camry does not have an electronic key fob. It is just a key. Make sure you remember where you park. You do not have a key fob to make the car beep so you can follow the sound. Not that this has ever happened to me or anything.

- The Camry, of course, is not fast but it accelerates just fine to freeway speeds and very comfortably maintains it there. The Camry is also a champion when it comes to big hills. The steeper, the better.

Camry Repair History:
      Over the years, I have gotten significant repair work done on the Camry. See the attached photo for a summary of the completed procedures, the date of completion, and the location of performed work.

Given all this repair work and the Camry’s relatively low mileage for its age, it is in great shape. The Camry has not once broken down on me and left me stranded on the road.

Camry Memories:
      - December 2010: I have a good friend in Vancouver, BC. I called him up one Friday morning while walking into school and asked if I could visit for the weekend. He said yes. After school, I packed up the Camry, opened up Google Maps on my iPhone 4, and navigated from Seattle to Vancouver for an awesome weekend, the first of many Camry trips.

- May 2011: During the second semester of my senior year of high school, I joined my first and only sports team: Ultimate Frisbee. I was not a good player, but I was friends with the coaches and teammates. Overall it was a great hang. I became one of the usual drivers for carpooling to our games and tournaments. Some of my teammates eventually became “regulars” in my carpool. They affectionately named the Camry the “Samry.” My name is Sam, so this was great. One of the regular carpoolers was the woman I asked to Prom. I even asked her in the Camry. Note: we are not together, this is not a high school sweethearts fairytale, but we are friendly and it is a fun story. We were on our way home from a frisbee tournament. We won a few games and I threw a few passes that were caught. It was a great tournament. I decided to ask her to Prom and bought two roses. I hid the first rose in the glove compartment. I hid the second rose in the space between the front left door and the driver’s seat. This plan depended on my prospective Prom date sitting in the front passenger seat. Luckily she did. When we arrived back at our high school parking lot, I mentioned that I was looking for something in the glove compartment and asked if she could open it. I then picked up the second rose, walked around to the other side of the car, and presented her with the rose as she smiled at the first one. I asked her to Prom and she said yes. There were teammates around to witness. They said “Aww”’ and clapped. It was fun. Prom later that month was fun, too.

- July 2011: A friend and I hiked Bare Mountain in the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest in Washington State. The dirt road leading to the trailhead was, at the time, the most fun road I had ever driven on.

- April 2012: At the beginning of spring quarter during my freshman year of college, I brought the Camry to school to make transporting myself to music rehearsals easier. Uber and Lyft were not a thing yet. Paying for the parking spot was not great, but being able to make more music was worth it.

- July 2013: Overnight trip to Portland, OR. Summer after sophomore year of college, I was enrolled in two summer classes. One morning my friend called me and said that we should visit his friends in Portland that night, returning tomorrow afternoon. It was Tuesday. I had class in a few hours. Meanwhile, over the past several weeks, I had confirmed that the course material was entirely contained within the textbook. The trip was fantastic.

- June 2014: I drove the Camry to my first day of work at my first and last internship

- September 2015: I shipped the Camry from Seattle to Connecticut instead of driving it. The move felt very real after I picked up the Camry from the moving truck in a parking lot near the apartment I had just moved into.

- January 2016: Learning how to drive in the snow. It’s fun but also terrifying.

- March 2016: Weekend vacation with my Mom in Boston. She flew. I drove the Camry.

- September 2016: Weekend vacation with my Mom in Philadelphia. She flew. I drove the Camry.

- January 2017: One of many drives down to NYC for the weekend to visit friends and Smalls Jazz Club

- December 2017: Drove the Camry from Berkeley to Carmel, passing through Silicon Valley. Returning the Camry to its South Bay roots. And then continuing to the beach.

- June 2018: The Camry moved me from Berkeley back to Seattle

- August 2018: The Camry moved me from Seattle to Los Angeles

- September 2018: I drove the Camry to my first day at my first job after graduate school

- January 2019: First trip to Big Bear

- April 2019: First trip to Joshua Tree

- January 2020: Photo taken in front of El Tepeyac after one of my last few rides with the Camry

Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      03-26-2020 09:28 AM #5209
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      RADwood-ready 1996 Mazda MX6 with only 47,000 miles.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto...093147382.html

That one takes me back. My first "nicer" car. Bought it right at the end of senior year in HS, (2000) but mine was the 4cyl + 5mt in a pearlescent periwinkle. Used to just go out for drives in the evening around the lake with it. Sunroof open, windows down, Air's Moon Safari in the CD player.

Vehicles
      2002 VW Golf
      03-26-2020 09:42 AM #5210
      I do a few daily car classified searches, and I'm pretty surprised by how many new listings there have been over the past week. I guess people are stuck at home and are treating listing their cars as a project to cross off the to-do list? Because given the incredible financial certainty, I can't imagine many people are in the market for large frivolous purchases right now, and even if they are all the notary services are closed down.

12. 03-26-2020 09:56 AM #5211

Thanks for posting this, it had me laughing my ass off, I mean geez, it was like reading some strange highly personal autobiography, never before have I seen such intricate detail and commitment to maximum textual saturation.

The dent is even mentioned --- it must be immediately added to the Official Registry goddammit.

O, nevermind, it already has thanx to spockcat:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...#post114236025

Cheers for that spockcat!

The highlight of reading that epic listing, for me, was the blue tape story. LOL Jaysus F'ing Christ!

03-26-2020 03:10 PM #5212
      https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...091137329.html

Early 1950's Vintage Jaguar XK120 Pedal Car. Extremely Rare.

Pristine, and in perfect working condition. British racing green w/ white wall tires (approx 70" X 30", fiberglass/metal). Jaguar (Coventry) logos on hood, steering wheel, and hub caps.

Purchased in the UK (2010) by a long-established Jaguar collector (50+ years). $4500 USD [serious inquiries only].

^Freight shipping varies based upon destination & insurance. Potential freight services for the buyer to consider:

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...reight_Economy https://www.gonavis.com/location/fre...raleigh/nc1064

OR, arrangements can be made available for pick up in North Carolina. ^once sale is finalized and payment has cleared

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-1950s...K/274302585359

Vehicles
      987.2 | GTI
      03-26-2020 04:07 PM #5213
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      Samry Story

Vehicles
      1992 Miata, 2001 VW GTI, 2018 A6, SQ5
      03-26-2020 05:18 PM #5214
      Quote Originally Posted by stiggy-pug View Post

Thanks for posting this, it had me laughing my ass off, I mean geez, it was like reading some strange highly personal autobiography, never before have I seen such intricate detail and commitment to maximum textual saturation.

The dent is even mentioned --- it must be immediately added to the Official Registry goddammit.

O, nevermind, it already has thanx to spockcat:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...#post114236025

Cheers for that spockcat!

The highlight of reading that epic listing, for me, was the blue tape story. LOL Jaysus F'ing Christ!
      And we have a new acronym to add to the dictionary WHABP (Window Height Adjustment Button Panel). You never know what you're going to learn reading Craigslist adds....

03-26-2020 05:30 PM #5215
      World’s biggest money pit? Good conversation piece for dreamers. Slip a Corvette rolling chassis and drivetrain underneath for a custom hot rod.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...083119279.html

Body shell from a 1962 MK2 has been cleaned of all paint and undercoating. Body is straight with with mostly surface rust and a few rust spots in the usual locations that will need atention. Solid foundation for a full Jaguar Mk2 restoration. Mounted on a stand w 6 inch wheels for easy movement. Stand goes with the car.
      Located 2 miles south of old Toen Alexandria.

Vehicles
      1993 Suzuki Cappuccino, 2011 Nissan Leaf
      03-27-2020 10:33 AM #5216
      1988 BMW 735i MANUAL

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto...094004915.html

I've only seen one other manual E32 in person, and that was when they were new in 1988.

Vehicles
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      03-27-2020 10:56 AM #5217
      Ummm, I know exactly where those picture were taken. Should I offer a trade?

Clean E32s are absolutely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PJA View Post

Vehicles
      1993 Suzuki Cappuccino, 2011 Nissan Leaf
      03-27-2020 11:22 AM #5218
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      Ummm, I know exactly where those picture were taken. Should I offer a trade?

Clean E32s are absolutely awesome.
      Do you live around here? It's not a bad price, really, and I like those cars quite a bit. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.

20. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-27-2020 11:27 AM #5219
      There's a pretty tired 735i manual for sale here in the Bay Area however the one in Nashville would definitely be the better car to buy if that's your thing.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto...097527894.html
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

21. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      03-27-2020 12:51 PM #5220
      1988 BMW 735i MANUAL

I've only seen one other manual E32 in person, and that was when they were new in 1988.
      Sent them an email.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

Vehicles
      flavors of Europe.
      03-27-2020 02:04 PM #5221
      Current: 01 GTI VR6, 08 BMW 328i Sedan (6MT), 06 A4 Avant 2.0T (6MT), 97 Range Rover 4.0SE

Gone: 98 BMW M3 Sedan (5MT), 05 BMW X5 3.0i, 10 BMW X5 xDrive30i

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      03-27-2020 02:15 PM #5222
      Quote Originally Posted by 15degreeGTI View Post
      So, now we know what the reserve price will be on BaT (unless they insist on a lower reserve due to current events).

2 months ago this might have been a $20k car. I'm not so sure about that anymore.

24. Member
      03-27-2020 06:02 PM #5223
      1988 BMW 735i MANUAL

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto...097527894.html

Vehicles
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      03-28-2020 09:38 PM #5224
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Sent them an email.
      Do you live around here? It's not a bad price, really, and I like those cars quite a bit. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted.
      Currently in the area if you need me to get some eyes on it.

Vehicles
      2013 VW Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      03-29-2020 12:50 AM #5225
      Quote Originally Posted by 15degreeGTI View Post
      2008 B7 S4 Avant Wagon 6 Speed Manual, MINT!

Some wear on the soft-touch on the armrest
      Scratches on the lock/unlock button on passenger side (shown in photo below)
      Pea-sized rock chip on passenger side of windshield, been repaired and never spread (shown in photo below)
      Small ding and scratch on rear bumper (shown in photo below)
      One crack in the carbon trim on passenger side (shown in photo below)
      Plastic belly pan is cracked, but brand new replacement included with sale

That's not mint.
      2013 Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      Instagram!
      My flickr

Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210 LastLast