VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164 LastLast
    Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4082

Thread: Craigslist find thread

1. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

2. 06-08-2019 09:36 AM #4027
      What could possibly go wrong? (other than scoring on all cylinders)

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...equestSource=b

--
      2016 Discount Brand S3 | 1987 Peugeot PB-18 | 1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-08-2019 02:03 PM #4028
      Cool car, but i'm always skeptical of imports that have out of state titles. Why would it have texas title in california? Obviously Cali has some questionable laws, but it just seems shady to me. Am i the only one?
      signatures are annoying, right?

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/9-5 Aero SportCombi/993
      06-08-2019 02:37 PM #4029
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Cool car, but i'm always skeptical of imports that have out of state titles. Why would it have texas title in california? Obviously Cali has some questionable laws, but it just seems shady to me. Am i the only one?
      It's really pretty simple. A direct import can never be CA legal unless it's older than 1968 without BAR approval and testing. Even with a known quantity like an R32 GT-R, which has previously gone through CARB/EPA testing under Motorex, the modification and lab process costs $10k. Something like that Mazda would likely cost much more. Much easier to just plate out of state from a tiny fraction of that cost.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-08-2019 05:14 PM #4030
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      It's really pretty simple. A direct import can never be CA legal unless it's older than 1968 without BAR approval and testing. Even with a known quantity like an R32 GT-R, which has previously gone through CARB/EPA testing under Motorex, the modification and lab process costs $10k. Something like that Mazda would likely cost much more. Much easier to just plate out of state from a tiny fraction of that cost.

I had no idea what the CA laws are. Just from experience in the south, there's tons of Florida registered imports because Florida DMV is a joke. Many of them are illegal anywhere else.

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/9-5 Aero SportCombi/993
      06-09-2019 12:23 AM #4031
      I had no idea what the CA laws are. Just from experience in the south, there's tons of Florida registered imports because Florida DMV is a joke. Many of them are illegal anywhere else.
      That one's legal under the 25 year rule, but that means nothing in CA. This is why imports here get titled out of state.

Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

7. 06-09-2019 12:19 PM #4032
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3 | 1987 Peugeot PB-18 | 1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

Vehicles
      Random Junk
      06-09-2019 01:06 PM #4033
      Saw this at a local car show in T.O. Looked very clean!
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      Cheapest way to 9s is to buy someone else's 8 second car, then drive it yourself.
      Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      Elevation down two clicks, windage left two clicks. Send it.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '17 Volt, '86 BMW 325E
      06-09-2019 02:46 PM #4034
      That one's legal under the 25 year rule, but that means nothing in CA. This is why imports here get titled out of state.

Correct. My in-laws are moving to Nevada next spring and I have every intent to potentially utilize that to some import advantage

Vehicles
      S60, Z/28
      06-09-2019 04:23 PM #4035
      Quote Originally Posted by kickapoo View Post
      Correct. My in-laws are moving to Nevada next spring and I have every intent to potentially utilize that to some import advantage

At some point, TCL SoCal should just chip in together, and buy a small place in Rosarito. Any car registered there would have no issue. It’s even better than the Montana LLC nonsense, plus it’d be completely legal.
      One Swedish sedan
      One ‘murrican coupe

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-10-2019 10:26 AM #4037

Yeah I get that now. My only experience is with Florida cars and people trying to sell them up and down the east coast as legal when they are not.

12. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      06-10-2019 10:31 AM #4038
      So cool.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-10-2019 11:29 AM #4039
      always wondered if these have any kind of Frunk? since the whole practicality of a hatchback is completely taken up by the engine

14. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      06-10-2019 11:32 AM #4040
      always wondered if these have any kind of Frunk? since the whole practicality of a hatchback is completely taken up by the engine
      I always figured there was a little red/white checkerboard picnic cloth with a plate of French wine and cheeses to choose from.

Vehicles
      torque and no torque
      06-10-2019 12:42 PM #4041
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      I always figured there was a little red/white checkerboard picnic cloth with a plate of French wine and cheeses to choose from.
      Tow strap to pull you out of the ditch you just slid into backwards

Vehicles
      07 Camfollower
      06-12-2019 07:26 AM #4042
      kind of a twofer on clown shoes.. that Renault must have had a long run as it definitely doesn't look like anything from 1993

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/...910054360.html

https://glensfalls.craigslist.org/ct...907152062.html

17. Member
      Vehicles
      '09 335d
      06-12-2019 09:54 AM #4043
      My buddies car, you should see what else is in his garage lol.

Vehicles
      1974 MGB; 2017 Golf Sportwagen S 4-Motion DSG; 2017 Audi A4 Premium+, Sport+ MT
      06-16-2019 11:14 AM #4044
      I'm just posting this because the ad is good....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...913075522.html

The 1995 E300 is “The Holy Grail” of Mercedes Diesels. Why? This is a “one-year only” model that combines the last year of the w124 chassis along with the bulletproof newer-generation OM606 6-cylinder 24-valve cast iron diesel engine.

Everyone says these cars can go a million miles… blah… blah... blah. Really? Is that true?

Well, this one is only 587,000 miles short of that illustrious goal. Yes, she has almost 413,000 miles on her. And yes, this has been the most astoundingly durable & reliable car I have EVER owned!

I’ve owned this car for 16 years and I have a ton of maintenance logs, using only synthetic fluids plus OEM & dealer parts. No Chinese crap on my car. (Although there is some bird crap on it.) How else could I have put this much mileage on her? As they say, proper maintenance is the key. Too bad I didn’t maintain the paint in the same manner as I kept up the mechanical systems…. oh well. At about 328,000 miles, the original cylinder head was fully rebuilt by Metric Motors in Canoga Park CA. They are the #1 best Mercedes engine rebuilder in the U.S. Mercedes Benz’s “Classic Center” in Irvine uses engines rebuilt by Metric for their restorations!

She has a BRAND NEW set of Michelin Premier A/S tires on her; they have less than 100 miles on them. They still have those tiny little molded rubber nibs on them! Those are $650 worth of tires. The fact that I put the most expensive and highest quality tires on her tells you how much I respect this car, and I fully intended to take her to the ½ million mile mark myself. So, at this price you’re effectively buying a set of brand new top-of-the-line Michelin tires for the normal price of $650, and adding another $650 to buy a set of Mercedes wheels... with an entire running car attached to them!

The paint is factory original ‘Pearl Black’ with a gray interior. The paint is completely oxidized on the upper surfaces. As in... seriously roasted & toasted by the hellacious Southern California sun. It sort of looks like that horrible “flat” paint that people pay big money for. All for no extra charge!

There is of course an advantage to driving a car that looks like a used-up taxicab from Morocco – people get out of your way. At stop signs and intersections, people wave for you to go first; they assume you don’t have insurance, and probably no driver’s license either. Little will they know that you’re actually an eccentric multi-millionaire on your way to your lakeside mansion.

The body is absolutely straight & rust free and as solid as the day it left the factory. People who live in areas of the country where there’s snow, ice, and salt on the road would think they’re in the Twilight Zone – because finding a rust-free example is about as common as a Unicorn fart. (Although not as colorful.) There are two door dings on the passenger side, and one “uh-oh” minor boo-boo near the left tail light. The dashboard has NO cracks. The seats are upholstered with the indestructible “Mercedes Tex” - which looks amazingly good; no rips, tears, cracks, stains, or anything. Amazing stuff. Sure looks nicer than leather, which at this age would be looking like shredded beef. That MB Tex material would probably survive even after North Korea fires off a nuke in the vicinity of this car.

Windows, heater, air conditioning, sunroof, mirrors, power door locks all work. The radio antenna does not. The air conditioning blows ice chunks at your face, and the heater can turn the cabin into a Hannibal Lechter approved human crock-pot. (Fat-man Kim’s nuke will simply provide a nicely seared crispy crust.) The engine starts and runs smoothly, and believe it or not, does not burn ANY oil. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. The transmission works fine, with smooth yet firm shifts into each gear.

The bad? A rubber fuel hose is seeping at the rear, and there is a clunk in the right front suspension. Also, the transmission is leaking at the front seal. This is a typical problem with the Mercedes 4-speed automatic transmissions when they get older. It has been leaking like this for several years. All I do is top it up with some fluid every now & then. You think that’s bad? Just wait and see how many fluids YOU will be leaking after you rack up that much mileage! This car will still be alive & running by then - so buy some adult diapers and both you and the car can share them.

Clean title with current registration paid and on PNO status.

Come steal my baby before I change my mind. $650 for the Michelins, plus $650 for the car. Just in case a calculator isn’t within reach, that’s $1,300. No, I will not separate them. Even if you supply the concrete blocks.

No trades, no sad stories, and no “help” needed to sell it. Cash talks, BS walks.

Email only – NO TEXT MESSAGES
      how come a transvestite donkey witch is next to you and why is it wearing a dress?

Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more goddamn time!

19. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      KAR 120C
      06-16-2019 11:30 AM #4045
      I want that E300 and then have the cash to go full Superturbodiesel on it...

https://youtu.be/bBziPxrBtmA
      Last edited by Numbersix; 06-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-17-2019 05:54 PM #4046
      Never thought i'd see one of these in the states: 1992 Mitsuoka Le-Syde And it's local

The classiest 240

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d...896766751.html

21. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      06-17-2019 06:16 PM #4047
      1992 Mitsuoka Le-Syde...The classiest 240
      Some dorifto kid is going to buy it and ruin it.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '83 Caddy 16V, '87 Cabby 2L, '09 Jetta 2.0T, '66 Suburban 4WD, '57 Austin Healey V8, '04 Dodge Ram
      06-19-2019 12:08 AM #4048
      Never thought i'd see one of these in the states: 1992 Mitsuoka Le-Syde And it's local

The classiest 240

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d...896766751.html

You couldn't pay me to own that thing. I don't have a garage dark enough to hide it in. It could keep up with a current Formula 1 car and I still wouldn't want it. I'd have to look at it when i got in and out.
      Classified forum rules require that you post a price. If you don't know what to ask, they suggest that you search past FS threads.

So, when your item sells, please don't edit out your price and description when you mark it "SOLD". Rather, edit to show selling price.

Vehicles
      04 Volvo XC90
      06-19-2019 08:12 AM #4049

Vehicles
      04 Volvo XC90
      06-19-2019 09:07 AM #4050

Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164 LastLast