VWVortex.com - Bently diagrams...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 20 of 20

    Thread: Bently diagrams...

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2012
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      1983/Volkswagen/GTI, 1984/Volkswagen/GLI
      07-20-2015 04:54 AM #1
      Where in the Bentley manual does it show the engine loom wiring diagram for the vr6? Looked through the whole book... I must be illiterate or something.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member VasDrafts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      07-20-2015 08:34 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by MKbuiltnotboVWt1 View Post
      Where in the Bentley manual does it show the engine loom wiring diagram for the vr6? Looked through the whole book... I must be illiterate or something.
      you're welcome








    4. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2005
      Location
      Washington, DC
      Posts
      567
      Vehicles
      '11 Highlander, '12 Mazda 3, '98 Cabrio
      07-20-2015 01:24 PM #3
      Whole lotta fail above. It doesn't, OP.

      -z

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Member VasDrafts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      07-20-2015 01:27 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Whole lotta fail above. It doesn't, OP.

      -z
      You have to be joking.
      Every wire in the car is shown in the bentley's wiring diagrams.
      One must know how to read them.
      The above pictures I hosted show how to read them.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2012
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      1983/Volkswagen/GTI, 1984/Volkswagen/GLI
      07-20-2015 01:32 PM #5
      Haha...Thanks... confirmed the Bentley doesn't have a diagram for the engine loom... but it does have more specific diagrams on specific sections of the looms fuses/wires...I'm looking for a general diagram of the engine loom as a whole(what every connection does/goes to).

      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2005
      Location
      Washington, DC
      Posts
      567
      Vehicles
      '11 Highlander, '12 Mazda 3, '98 Cabrio
      07-20-2015 01:43 PM #6
      I could be wrong, but I believe he's looking for something akin to this , but for the barrel connector at the motor. It doesn't exist in the Bentley and I'm not sure anyone has posted something online (though I've attempted to help OP by searching it).

      -z

    9. Member VasDrafts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      07-20-2015 01:53 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by MKbuiltnotboVWt1 View Post
      Haha...Thanks... confirmed the Bentley doesn't have a diagram for the engine loom... but it does have more specific diagrams on specific sections of the looms fuses/wires...I'm looking for a general diagram of the engine loom as a whole(what every connection does/goes to).

      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      I could be wrong, but I believe he's looking for something akin to this , but for the barrel connector at the motor. It doesn't exist in the Bentley and I'm not sure anyone has posted something online (though I've attempted to help OP by searching it).

      -z
      EDIT: What the OP is looking for is an answer. What I have given him is the tool, to find his own answers. I know, that's like.....work. But all the info you seek lies in those diagrams. You just need to learn to read them.



      It is all in there if you know how to read the diagrams.

      There is no simplified break down as there are from other publishers/sources...


      But all the info you have in that link, is available for the barrel connector the OP is talking about, right in the bentley. It doesn't hold your hand or give you a participation award... But it is all there.

      I've made several custom harnesses using nothing but the bentley manuals.
      Last edited by VasDrafts; 07-20-2015 at 01:55 PM.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2005
      Location
      Washington, DC
      Posts
      567
      Vehicles
      '11 Highlander, '12 Mazda 3, '98 Cabrio
      07-20-2015 01:58 PM #8
      If you just need pictures of what each plug is for, try this thread: http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5880

      Still looking for a wire guide but not having much luck.

      -z

    11. Member VasDrafts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      07-20-2015 02:09 PM #9
      You 2 are hopeless


      All the info on every wire, and every connector is in there. Maybe there isn't a frickin picture attached, but I'm pretty sure there aren't many "52-pin connectors" for you to have to figure out which is which.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2012
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      1983/Volkswagen/GTI, 1984/Volkswagen/GLI
      07-20-2015 02:25 PM #10
      I know where the small diagrams are. I'm not that desperate yet... post was to clarify that the diagram im thinking of is or is not in the bentley manual.

      Thanks to [email protected] for keeping the thread on track. I just need to find a key to that picture from the corrado forum.

      And to vastxpunk we are not hopeless for looking for the answers to our questions. Thanks for trying to help, but don't ruin it because we weren't satisfied with your response.

      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

    13. Member VasDrafts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      07-20-2015 02:37 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by MKbuiltnotboVWt1 View Post
      I know where the small diagrams are. I'm not that desperate yet... post was to clarify that the diagram im thinking of is or is not in the bentley manual.

      Thanks to [email protected] for keeping the thread on track. I just need to find a key to that picture from the corrado forum.

      And to vastxpunk we are not hopeless for looking for the answers to our questions. Thanks for trying to help, but don't ruin it because we weren't satisfied with your response.

      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
      You asked for a wiring diagram for a vr6 engine harness.

      Every godam wire, wire color, wire gauge, where it came from, where it goes, what connector, where the connector is 'type of question' is answered in the Bentley manual. Every one of them.

      Do you really think you two are the first people that needed this info? Everyone else just uses their brain and figures it out for themselves using the very complete diagrams located in the Bentley manual.


      How are these forums so dead that no one can confirm what I'm saying?

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2012
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      1983/Volkswagen/GTI, 1984/Volkswagen/GLI
      07-20-2015 02:47 PM #12
      You are right.! I'm just not looking for the information you've given. I understand where to find and read those diagrams I'm looking for the key to this...



      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

    15. Member VasDrafts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      07-20-2015 02:50 PM #13
      What information do you actually need that makes you need the key to that?


      I have ETKA, but I don't believe I've seen this diagram in it.

    16. 07-20-2015 03:10 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by MKbuiltnotboVWt1 View Post
      Where in the Bentley manual does it show the engine loom wiring diagram for the vr6? Looked through the whole book... I must be illiterate or something.
      In my Bentley, all the wiring diagrams are in the back. There is a table of contents at the start of the wiring diagram section. Look for a major component that connects to the wiring you are interested in and you should be able to find the diagrams. I'm with vastxpunk and I think he pointed you in the right direction. You need to know how to read the diagrams in order to find what you are looking for. Every single pin-out is there. Most of the components for the harness photo you posted are in the first 6 diagrams.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2012
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      1983/Volkswagen/GTI, 1984/Volkswagen/GLI
      07-20-2015 03:35 PM #15
      Understood. But if anyone had the key to that photo post it up.

      I understand the diagrams and can read them but im still not happy about doing it... I was desperate for an alternative, but you guys have shown me that I'm a lazy fool and next time I won't look for the kids version of the wiring harness diagram...

      Seriously thanks everyone at least the diagram I wanted wasn't in the bentley...now I know I'm not blind/illiterate

      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

    18. Member VasDrafts's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2004
      Location
      610 PA
      Posts
      4,619
      Vehicles
      2 Jettas
      07-20-2015 03:42 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by MKbuiltnotboVWt1 View Post
      Understood. But if anyone had the key to that photo post it up.

      I understand the diagrams and can read them but im still not happy about doing it... I was desperate for an alternative, but you guys have shown me that I'm a lazy fool and next time I won't look for the kids version of the wiring harness diagram...

      Seriously thanks everyone at least the diagram I wanted wasn't in the bentley...now I know I'm not blind/illiterate

      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
      Posting that diagram from the beginning at least would have got us on the same page of what you were looking for. Unfortunately, the long way is the best way as you can 100% verify the information is correct for your year/model car.

      I actually meant when I said "you're welcome", as I downloaded the .pdf, converted the pages to .jpg, and hosted them on my photobucket to share to you here. Thought that was pretty helpful. I didn't intend that to be a sarcastic comment. It took me a while to be comfortable reading the bentley wiring diagrams, but once you do, they are magical. Any and all wiring info you need can be found there.

      If you've seen the matrix... Think of it like that.. There's far too much info in those diagrams to make nice little pictures with a key/labels and such.

    19. Member 92_MK_2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2010
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      1,166
      Vehicles
      92 MK_2(SOLD) -- 2011 Ducati 848EVO (SOLD) -- 95 Jetta 3 City -- 1988 Scirocco 16v
      07-20-2015 04:09 PM #17

    20. Member TheBurninator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2009
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      13,018
      Vehicles
      Corrado, Mk1, Mk3, CC
      07-20-2015 04:19 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by MKbuiltnotboVWt1 View Post
      Understood. But if anyone had the key to that photo post it up.
      That is an ETKA parts diagram...
      Quote Originally Posted by ein View Post
      * IMPORTANT* The English language is completely inadequate for describing how spectacularly stupid this thread is.

    21. 07-20-2015 04:21 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by MKbuiltnotboVWt1 View Post
      at least the diagram I wanted wasn't in the bentley...now I know I'm not blind/illiterate
      They are in the Bentley though. What you posted isn't going to be in just a single diagram. That's practically every single harness in the engine bay. You need to focus on individual components because that's how they are broken down in the Bentley. Follow the track numbers to see how the diagrams are connected. The track numbers are the ECU pin outs. Pretty much everything terminates at the fuse box, identified by letter/number, which is pin out at the fuse box.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 8th, 2012
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      1983/Volkswagen/GTI, 1984/Volkswagen/GLI
      07-20-2015 05:01 PM #20
      Okay sorry to be so unclear. You guys have straightened me out. Know what I have to do now.

      Thanks

      Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vwvortex.com is generated by its users. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.