VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

MK3 low beams on while high beams on

15K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  EMagic 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have just installed these amazing headlights on my MK3 and I have noticed that when being in low beam mode and switching to high beam, my low beams shuts off, lefting only highs. So I want both beams working simulteneously while highs are enabled.

I do know that on H4 it is not recommended due to high wattage ant temperatures, but in my case, when headlights with separate reflectors this mod is safe to do.

I know so far that I just need to use some sort of jumper in my relay box (that's all?!). Could you help me for sure? I don't want to screw everything up. :)

#3 ·
Yep you pretty much answered your own question. One of those jumpers is to have low beams stay on with the high beams. The other jumper is to make your fog lights stay on when you switch to high beams. I couldn't say off the top of my head which is which. You can also make your own jumpers with a couple tiny pieces of wire and 4 spade terminals, plugging them in as you see in the picture you linked to.

#4 ·
Appreciated your input! I am pretty sure my fogs stays on while in highs already, so I need to figure out first part only. At the moment my fuse box looks like this. Marked red is where I need to put my jumper? Is it right spot? And also, do I need to plug the battery off before pluging in the jumper?

#5 ·
No, look at the picture again

It would need to be in the other 2 spots. You don't need to touch the battery, just make sure your lights and ignition is off. It won't be getting any power anyway if your ignition and lights are off. A little piece of wire and two spade connectors and you're good to go.

Like one of these

#9 ·
I'm not sure if this is considered thread jacking, or a productive question -

What amperage fuse would be used IF this was fused? Is it 100% fine just to jumper as long as the wire isn't under-gauged?

Thanks in advance, my good homies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.