Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 2009 PreMium 2.0T Quattro

Vehicles
      09 A3
      10-22-2018 03:39 PM #151
      well, the new MAF arrived. it took a week to get here.. shipping times and companies in EU are nothing like America. people really take for granted how efficient it is there. anyway it was a super easy fix

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      09 A3
      12-01-2018 11:35 AM #152
      took a trip to brighton, and then drove a few more hours west along the jurassic coast and the durdle door. mostly a quick road trip, as the car needs work. its in the shop now because i had gear oil leaking from the rear diff.. both axles. there's play in them as well, so i was told that its the bearings in the diff which caused the axle seals to go bad and leak.

audi wanted 3k pounds for a new diff, they said its a sealed unit and has to be replaced. took it to the mechanic and he said he's worked with a company before on replacing the bearings. so its all out and sent to a specialty shop to be taken apart. i love getting ****ed for christmas. anyway here are a couple pics!

Brighton beach

Cool college on way from brighton to durdle door

and last but not least.. durdle door

Vehicles
      Current: 2011 A3 2.0T | Previous: (KIA) MKVI Jetta 2.5, (SOLD) MKIV Jetta 1.8T
      12-01-2018 05:56 PM #153
      Stating the obvious: Great photos in this thread!
      APR CAI | APR Stage 2 | APR downpipe | Spulen throttle pipe & TOP with turbo muffler delete | Bilstein B14 PSS coilovers | Tyrolsport master bracket | Aston Martin DB9/"RS3" Calipers | RacingBrake front / adam's rear rotors | Golf-R Intercooler | 034 Engine and Transmission mounts | APR pendulum mount | S3 Grill | GFB DV+ | Genuine RS3 spoiler & S3 bumper valance(s)

Vehicles
      2010 A3 Quattro S-Line/Monza Silver
      12-03-2018 11:56 PM #154
      Sucks to hear that you are running into more issues with your car, but at least you are making the best of it with some amazing road trips.
      Sent from somewhere at bottom of the river between Vega and Altair.

https://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?7132668-AG-s-2010-A3-S-Line-Quattro

Vehicles
      09 A3
      12-10-2018 06:20 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by Moomtaz View Post
      Stating the obvious: Great photos in this thread!
      Thanks so much! i'll keep trying to upload pics of places that i travel

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGiraffe View Post
      Sucks to hear that you are running into more issues with your car, but at least you are making the best of it with some amazing road trips.
      yea, the diff rebuild wasnt too bad. it was a lot cheaper than a new unit, or nice ones from ebay. i need new tires now too lol

UPDATE** so an update on the brembo brakes, they have been delayed until january sometime. so ordering them in september and brembo basically cant get a set made and painted in a custom colour (even though they are running a marketing campaign that they can do all kinds #colorrevolution). there is literally nothing i can do, ive asked ECS if they can apply a discount, but we'll see. I could always cancel the order and go with a different manufacturer..

https://eu.freep.com/story/money/car...ors/556262002/

brembo and their customer service can kiss my ass
      Last edited by PreMier; 12-10-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Vehicles
      09 A3
      02-02-2019 10:25 AM #156
      Still havent heard back from brembo, I will wait until about 10 feb before i cancel the order and go with a different mfg. im thinking AP racing or Forge.

Also i was driving the other day and a pheasant ran out in front of me. i was the only car on the road and going 60-65mph. there was no way to avoid him and he hit the front of the car. i have an estimate on the repair, but they missed some damage to the bumper where it will need respray. the total is $1700 so far, and i have a 1k deductible

here is the new grill i'll be replacing the ecs one with

Vehicles
      09 A3
      02-28-2019 05:10 PM #157
      well.. a little over 2k and shes better than before. i had the whole front end resprayed since they were already painting part of it. still waiting on brakes from brembo.. ECS as well as Race Technologies have been super helpful, but brembo italy are a bunch of aholes. basically they said that i'll get the brakes when they decide, and they are taking their time. if they dont have a ship date in march, then i am going to switch and order a kit from Tarox.

Vehicles
      2006 A3 2.0T 6sp FWD, Dakar Beige
      03-01-2019 01:16 PM #158
      Looks great PreMier !
      Bronco

2006 A3 2.0T 6sp FWD, Dakar Beige
      ST Coilovers | Eurodyne Stage 1
      Magnaflow Sport Catback + downpipe | EuroLED tail lights | RS grille

Vehicles
      09 A3
      03-04-2019 01:51 PM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
      Looks great PreMier !
      thanks brother!

Vehicles
      09 A3
      03-12-2019 08:35 AM #160
      well.. rotated the tires today and noticed a slight sagging on the rear driver side. after getting the wheel off, i noticed the shock leaking. this is the 2nd shock thats blown from road driving, and the 3rd ive had to replace in 2.5 years. its super frustrating since the koni kit was 2 grand when i purchased it. i dont want to pay for another shock from them, as the last one that was new, they said was installed wrong. i dont know how a certified audi/porsche mechanic installs something as simple as a shock wrong but whatever.

the mechanic recommends the Bilstein B14 system. it doesnt have adjustable dampening like the pss10's (and current koni), but honestly after initial setup, ive never used it. if i went with the pss10, then i might as well pay a bit more and get ohlins

if anyone has other feedback or recommendations im open to it.

B14
      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein...47-127708~bil/

PSS10
      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein...48-135245~bil/

Ohlin
      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ohlins-p...i/vwsmi10~ohl/

current koni shock

Vehicles
      09 A3
      03-28-2019 03:04 PM #161
      well, i got an email.. brembo is shipping my brakes. by the time they get here it'll have been 7 months. if i could do it over, i would go with a different supplier. its just that our options are a bit limited (or at least for me because of my wheel size/shape). if it took that long after paying money, and the support was that poor, i cant imagine what its going to be like if i need future help from them. thats just my opinion though.. i am probably the only person in the states that will have the bm4 calliper in fluorescent yellow though haha

also i went with b14's from bilstein. the quality on them is superb, so i hope they ride well. if i didnt have to dump 1k on bird damage recently i wouldve gone b16, hope i dont regret that later. they'll be installed on the 8th.

i also got my window tint replaced this morning. maxpro is the film i used. they shipped me a whole roll for warranty work at no cost, and its been 4yrs since the tint was installed.

i also got a different plate mount from ecs, it screws into the tow hook. the static plate wasnt that good of quality.

im also happy spring is here, and love cherry blossoms

Vehicles
      09 A3
      04-17-2019 04:49 PM #162
      Christmas came

14. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White Audi A3, 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2009 Toyota Camry
      04-17-2019 09:29 PM #163
      I am so jealous of the lip balm. Look at all the packaging for that lip balm. That is amazing! What a great buy. Awesome lip balm and it comes in great packaging to keep it safe.

*They also threw in a brake kit as a thank you for getting the lip balm. That makes the lip balm even more awesome.

15. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2013 Ibis White Audi A3, 2015 Toyota Tundra, 2009 Toyota Camry
      04-17-2019 09:32 PM #164
      Enjoy the brake kit. It looks good. The colors are going to look pretty sick on the car.

Vehicles
      09 A3
      04-25-2019 03:12 PM #165
      haha thanks man, the pic was to show size to a friend and all i had was the chapstick. the rears are getting paint matched now, and then i should have everything installed in the next week or two.

Vehicles
      04-25-2019 11:02 PM #166
      congrats on the BBK man. You are going to love the difference in braking power. One of the nice things about that kit is the size. Those calipers are big but not to big that you will have trouble fitting a lot of different wheels over them. Don't get me wrong I love my 17z's they look great and stop amazing, but getting wheels to fit over them… not so much

https://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?7132668-AG-s-2010-A3-S-Line-Quattro

Vehicles
      09 A3
      05-05-2019 04:28 AM #167
      congrats on the BBK man. You are going to love the difference in braking power. One of the nice things about that kit is the size. Those calipers are big but not to big that you will have trouble fitting a lot of different wheels over them. Don't get me wrong I love my 17z's they look great and stop amazing, but getting wheels to fit over them… not so much
      that was actually the driving reason for these and other ones i was looking at. these fit under my current wheel setup, where the 17z were much too large.

the rears were paint matched, but there are dark spots showing through.. its very frustrating but the company i had do it is stand up. they offered to fix them or full refund. ive been in a rental car for over a month now, so i told them i cant return them. i also didnt feel right with a full refund, so i said 50% would do because they did put work into them. i dont think you'll be able to tell the back ones are a bit darker when theyre not right next to one another.

Vehicles
      09 A3
      05-13-2019 06:05 PM #168
      well.. i fvked up.. i measured wrong and i only have like 1mm of clearance between the caliper and the barrel of the wheel. had to move the wheel weights so they didnt hot the calliper while driving i guess i need to look at other 18" wheel models or maybe even 19". FML i am burning way too much money

Forge diverter valve installed. this thing makes a lot of noise, its kinda cool

and before/after of the brakes.

Front

Rear

Last edited by PreMier; 05-13-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Vehicles
      09 A3
      05-18-2019 01:08 PM #169
      cars been missing awd for quite a while (ever since i had the rear diff rebuilt i believe). i did notice it, but thought it was maybe the new tires, coupled with the cold/wet weather, and they just werent hooking up. but now that its dry and warmer its definitely not engaging. it was confirmed with this:

going to replace the haldex pump, filter and oil to see if it fixes the issue.

Vehicles
      09 A3
      05-18-2019 01:25 PM #170
      no matter what i do to this car, itll never evolve into a 911

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Audi A3 Quattro S-Line CCTA DSG
      05-18-2019 01:37 PM #171
      Do you get a lot of looks "hey, you're steering wheel is on the wrong side bloke?"
      HPA K04/Intake Manifold/tune, PTP turbo blanket, APR Downpipe, Carbonio Intake, GFB's DV+, Red Top coils, 034 Swaybar and rear subframe mounts, Audi R8 knock off wheels, Aspherical mirrors, StopTech slotted rotors and steal brake lines, US Mill Works license plate bracket, Clearmounts phone holder.

Vehicles
      05-19-2019 02:25 PM #172
      Sucks to hear about the wheels man. You could just run a 2mm spacer up front. You will clear the caliper and shouldn't have any issues with wheel rub since the spacers are so small. its not ideal, but it will buy you some time to find a different/better wheel setup.

Vehicles
      09 A3
      05-21-2019 04:32 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by dale333 View Post
      Do you get a lot of looks "hey, you're steering wheel is on the wrong side bloke?"
      hahaha, ive had a few comments before.. but i think its quite common here. mainland europe all drives on the right side, and there is a large population of americans where i live in the UK. so i dont think its like an american seeing a left hand drive

Sucks to hear about the wheels man. You could just run a 2mm spacer up front. You will clear the caliper and shouldn't have any issues with wheel rub since the spacers are so small. its not ideal, but it will buy you some time to find a different/better wheel setup.
      thats a good suggestion, but my issue is with the size of the barrel, i have good clearance with the spokes. its like the wheel is shaped like an ice cream cone (less dramatic), and gets smaller as it gets closer to the spokes. i dont know if all wheels are like that, or just these VMR

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Audi A3 Quattro S-Line CCTA DSG
      05-21-2019 06:36 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by PreMier View Post
      hahaha, ive had a few comments before.. but i think its quite common here. mainland europe all drives on the right side, and there is a large population of americans where i live in the UK. so i dont think its like an american seeing a left hand drive
      When I was stationed in Germany 93-95, I drove over to the UK in an 84 Opel Kadett, pulled out of a petrol station making a left and tried to go to the far right side, quickly realized I was going to far and pulled quicker to the left. Just at that time, a police officer coming at me flicked on his lights, but as he got closer to me and saw which side the steering wheel was on, he turned off his lights and just kept going. Probably thought, damn Americans.
      HPA K04/Intake Manifold/tune, PTP turbo blanket, APR Downpipe, Carbonio Intake, GFB's DV+, Red Top coils, 034 Swaybar and rear subframe mounts, Audi R8 knock off wheels, Aspherical mirrors, StopTech slotted rotors and steal brake lines, US Mill Works license plate bracket, Clearmounts phone holder.

Vehicles
      09 A3
      05-22-2019 03:54 PM #175
      Quote Originally Posted by dale333 View Post
      When I was stationed in Germany 93-95, I drove over to the UK in an 84 Opel Kadett, pulled out of a petrol station making a left and tried to go to the far right side, quickly realized I was going to far and pulled quicker to the left. Just at that time, a police officer coming at me flicked on his lights, but as he got closer to me and saw which side the steering wheel was on, he turned off his lights and just kept going. Probably thought, damn Americans.
      he probably thought that you were drunk haha. it happens to me too when i go back to the states, i always gravitate to the left side of the road.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast