Bought an '81 1.6D almost 3 years ago, did a minimal/strip out build for commuting to school, but needed something newer with, erm, more of an interior for the work commute.
I regretted getting rid of the 81 about 2 weeks later... and so I picked up an 84 GTI rolling shell for a track car build, and a week later stopped my dad from sending his mk4 2.0 daily to the crusher on condition that I sell his stock wheels for him. I'll take a free donor car any day of the week.
Quick build details:
- fix floors, rollcage, paint, polycarbonate windows
- AEG 2.0 8v w/full wiring transfer
- choose between 020/02J trans (depends on how lazy I am)
- 4-2-1 catless header, Eurosport cat-back (leftover from my 1.6D build)
- suspension/aero work still not confirmed
Lots to come... chassis is stored for the winter, so most of the work will be on the engine and other part refurb.