VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Helen 2016

43K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  ShrekSquatch 
#1 ·
It might be a weird question , but did anyone thought bout going to Helen in 2016?:popcorn:

#45 ·
Our group is OFFICIAL as of last night. Booked the Heidi Motel. Such a great group of people who run that place.

There are some king rooms available at the Heidi for under $100 a night, like $89 a night - that's a great deal for such a nice place and a great location. Rooms are super clean, my room had a dual shower head one in each direction lol in 2015. I booked the same room.

Port City NC crew is coming; Greeneville SC crew; a handful from Chicago; a few from Jacksonville FL; post up and find a cruise into Helen.

May 17-22 2017.

and PLEASE speak up and knock down anyone who acts like an idiot, let's not ruin a cool thing we got going.

#FunKnowsNoBounds2017

#46 ·
If anyone is cruising down from Raleigh Durham to Helen - I'll be too - Leaving EARLY Wednesday morning probably 3am arriving in Helen 9-10amish. Will be taking the norther route through Asheville / Natanhale Forest. descending into Helen from the north.

Really looking forward to this drive - it's the perfect cruise distance. I'm used to cruising down in a 15 hour drive from Wisconsin.

#53 ·
It was a great weekend with 200 cars I would say. Who crashed the orange Beetle convertible on Saturday afternoon? Looks like the SUV pulled out in front of them when they were going 60. OUCH! There was an ambulance on the way. I pray they were OK.

#54 ·
Hmmmm, may have to check this out next year! Did SoWo twice, but wasn't impressed with the extreme punkage. Love the variety, and I'm all about different strokes and all that, but ain't got time for fighting and drunken brawls....

Will actually be hitting Helen for lunch on Sunday after our little group of 8-12 does a modified six gap run....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.