VWVortex.com - License Plate LED | Trunk LEDs | Red / Blue Footwells | Brake LEDs | Reverse LEDs | Turn Signals | Key Covers ? Error Free / Plug & Play / Lifetime Warranty / Free Shipping
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: License Plate LED | Trunk LEDs | Red / Blue Footwells | Brake LEDs | Reverse LEDs | Turn Signals | Key Covers ? Error Free / Plug & Play / Lifetime Warranty / Free Shipping

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 GTI SE
      03-26-2016 08:41 PM #26
      Hi All,

I just wanted to throw out a quick review of my experience with deAutoKey. A+

They stand behind their products and are really quick to respond to questions and issues. I recommend them for your lighting needs! I know there are a lot of places to get LED's but deAuto stands behind their product and provides excellent customer service.

I had an issue with one of my lights and they rectified the issue without hassle. Thanks guys, have a bump

ATU

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 03-28-2016 02:35 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by allthingsugly View Post
      Hi All,

I just wanted to throw out a quick review of my experience with deAutoKey. A+

They stand behind their products and are really quick to respond to questions and issues. I recommend them for your lighting needs! I know there are a lot of places to get LED's but deAuto stands behind their product and provides excellent customer service.

I had an issue with one of my lights and they rectified the issue without hassle. Thanks guys, have a bump

ATU
      thank you - we really appreciate you taking the time to write the feedback! We honestly care about your experience when you shop with us and glad we could help.

Lifetime Warranty & Support | Free Shipping within the US | LEDs Tested to work and look good in your car | Customer Service is our #1 Priority - We care what you install in your car!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI S DSG 4 Door
      03-29-2016 12:31 PM #28
      I'm looking to order the complete interior lighting package, but I was unsure which footwell lights I would need?

US Spec GTI S 4-Door.

VIN: 3VW4T7AU5GM052618

Also, in some reviews I read that they need to be turned off while driving? How is that done? Do I just turn it to 0% in settings? I cannot even leave it on at 50%?
      Last edited by dcjwlee; 03-29-2016 at 01:06 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 03-29-2016 02:51 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by dcjwlee View Post
      I'm looking to order the complete interior lighting package, but I was unsure which footwell lights I would need?

US Spec GTI S 4-Door.

VIN: 3VW4T7AU5GM052618

Also, in some reviews I read that they need to be turned off while driving? How is that done? Do I just turn it to 0% in settings? I cannot even leave it on at 50%?
      No need to turn them off, if that is referencing our LEDs please link the post and we can correct it, thank you.

For the interior, you most likely have the LED dome lights so you can't switch them right now.

You can switch your footwells, glove box, trunk, license plates, brake, reverse, front turns, cornering LEDs, H15 DRLS - we have everything you need here:
      http://deautokey.com/category/leds-for-mk7-gti-golf

Lifetime Warranty & Support | Free Shipping within the US | LEDs Tested to work and look good in your car | Customer Service is our #1 Priority - We care what you install in your car!

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI S DSG 4 Door
      03-29-2016 03:38 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by deAutoKey.com View Post
      No need to turn them off, if that is referencing our LEDs please link the post and we can correct it, thank you.

For the interior, you most likely have the LED dome lights so you can't switch them right now.

You can switch your footwells, glove box, trunk, license plates, brake, reverse, front turns, cornering LEDs, H15 DRLS - we have everything you need here:
      http://deautokey.com/category/leds-for-mk7-gti-golf

It looks like that was an old post that pointed to your warranty and returns section. The specific quote about not turning them on while driving is no longer there, so I guess it was just outdated information I found on the forum.

Thank you for your help all throughout the day!

Just placed my order, Order #PZRZ-831412, would greatly appreciate if you could ship out tonight! Car arrives Saturday so would love to have this to work on for the weekend!

8. 03-29-2016 04:00 PM #31
      It looks like that was an old post that pointed to your warranty and returns section. The specific quote about not turning them on while driving is no longer there, so I guess it was just outdated information I found on the forum.

Thank you for your help all throughout the day!

Just placed my order, Order #PZRZ-831412, would greatly appreciate if you could ship out tonight! Car arrives Saturday so would love to have this to work on for the weekend!
      Thanks, if you can share the post or email it to us we can update with correct information.

I am also contacting the warehouse right now to see if the pickup happened so they can get these out to you today.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI S DSG 4 Door
      03-29-2016 04:18 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by deAutoKey.com View Post
      Thanks, if you can share the post or email it to us we can update with correct information.

I am also contacting the warehouse right now to see if the pickup happened so they can get these out to you today.

Great customer service.

Thanks for all the prompt responses and going above and beyond to get my order out the same day (placed past 3 pm)!

They also upgraded the shipping method to have it arrive before the weekend, since I let them know I would be taking delivery on Saturday.

Looks like it was a year-old Reddit thread that I found with the old info. E-mailed the link to you guys, if you have trouble finding the specific post, search for "while driving".

There are a few posts about it.

Thanks!

Will

10. 03-29-2016 09:01 PM #33
      Great customer service.

Thanks for all the prompt responses and going above and beyond to get my order out the same day (placed past 3 pm)!

They also upgraded the shipping method to have it arrive before the weekend, since I let them know I would be taking delivery on Saturday.

Looks like it was a year-old Reddit thread that I found with the old info. E-mailed the link to you guys, if you have trouble finding the specific post, search for "while driving".

There are a few posts about it.

Thanks!

Will
      thanks for the feedback! They work hard to get items out quickly so glad to hear they were able to get your items out today.

11. 04-17-2016 02:56 PM #34
      great review/comparison on brake/turn/tail kit:
      http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-g...free-plug-play

No problem!

Here is a comparison of the LED vs halogen tail light bulb. You can see the LED is a "deeper" red with 100% even coverage within the housing. The halogen has a slight white hue to it as it is a plain white light bulb and you can see the "hot spots" and parts with less coverage. Another benefit is the "instant on" full brightness of the LED bulbs versus halogen when using the turn/brake signals as well..

12. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf SE
      05-14-2016 04:18 PM #35
      Maybe a silly question, but I noticed on the page for the interior LED kit that "if you already have LEDs in your dome lights then this kit will not work for you." How do I easily check to see if I have LEDs already? Which light is easiest to quickly check?

13. 05-14-2016 08:25 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Strilo View Post
      Maybe a silly question, but I noticed on the page for the interior LED kit that "if you already have LEDs in your dome lights then this kit will not work for you." How do I easily check to see if I have LEDs already? Which light is easiest to quickly check?
      Easiest way to check is the color, if it is a dull yellow it is the glass incandescent bulbs, but if you see more of a white color then it is the LEDs. If you show us a photo we can tell also as it is either a PCB board (led) or a glass bulb (incandescent).

You can check out this thread for updates on when we release the LEDs for LED dome lights.

Thank you

Vehicles
      2015 GTI; 2003 Saab 9-3 SS
      05-21-2016 12:11 AM #37
      Ordered Option 2 license plate LEDs.

Option 1 looked too bright IMO.

15. 05-21-2016 10:04 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Diggs24 View Post
      Ordered Option 2 license plate LEDs.

Option 1 looked too bright IMO.
      Thanks for the order, everything ships Monday with a tracking #.

16. 05-28-2016 02:35 AM #39
      Are you guys going to have a Memorial Day sale?

17. 05-28-2016 12:05 PM #40
      Thanks! Just placed my order.

18. 05-29-2016 03:04 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by HISI808 View Post
      Thanks! Just placed my order.
      thanks, everything ships Tuesday with a tracking #.

19. 06-05-2016 11:20 PM #42
      New website opening soon! Keep updated and sign up for our mailing list for deals!

Click photo to sign up! or follow this link:
      http://eepurl.com/pr-z9

20. 06-06-2016 01:25 PM #43
      trunk LED strip + trunk housing combination DIY!

Trunk Housing:
      http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-v...-plug-and-play

Trunk Strip:
      http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-g...free-plug-play

DIY:
      Quote Originally Posted by LokiWolf View Post
      So I finally combined the DeAutoKey replacement factory trunk housing with the newer strip. Take a look at the Pics...

Has anyone tried with with their OEM housing?

21. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 GTI Driver's Edition // 2019 Tiguan SEL R-Line Black 4Motion
      06-16-2016 04:19 PM #44
      Any discount/codes out at the moment?

22. 06-16-2016 11:29 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by chend88 View Post
      Any discount/codes out at the moment?
      Sorry not at this time - please sign up for our newsletter for discounts and we will be launching a new site soon and we will be offering a discount there also:

New website opening soon! Keep updated and sign up for our mailing list for deals!

Click photo to sign up! or follow this link:

23. Junior Member Mr. Pinkers D.'s Avatar
      06-26-2016 09:18 PM #46
      Will you guys be doing a 4th of July promo?

24. 06-28-2016 11:25 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pinkers D. View Post
      Will you guys be doing a 4th of July promo?
      Thanks for the question - for any discounts please sign up for our mailing list - we never spam and only email with discounts:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Vehicles
      '16 MKVII GTI S - PureWhite
      07-24-2016 03:01 PM #48
      Installed the license plate and trunk housing replacement LEDs, along with the glove box and red footwell LEDs... Just wanted to say they everything looks great.

I did get a bit frustrated with the license plate LED housings as initially the units were not functioning. I consulted the interwebs and found another forum where you guys went into some detail about making sure the metal pins did not bend during connection. Sure enough that was my issue.

26. 07-24-2016 08:32 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by DDRoc44 View Post
      Installed the license plate and trunk housing replacement LEDs, along with the glove box and red footwell LEDs... Just wanted to say they everything looks great.

I did get a bit frustrated with the license plate LED housings as initially the units were not functioning. I consulted the interwebs and found another forum where you guys went into some detail about making sure the metal pins did not bend during connection. Sure enough that was my issue.
      Thanks for taking the time to post this feedback, we appreciate it! We normally slip a piece of paper in there mentioning to align the pins prior to install, we will look into making sure they make it in all orders.

27. 07-27-2016 08:32 PM #50
      If you really want to light up your trunk you can try our universal LED trunk strip 48 bright white LEDs with all adapters required for a simply plug and play install:
      http://deautokey.com/product/univers...all-car-models

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast