VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Witw 2016 event info

38K views 72 replies 26 participants last post by  WiTW 
#1 · (Edited)

:heart: BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE FINE FOLKS AT:heart:​

Wookies In The Woods is an annual gathering of R32 and Golf R enthusiasts.

Brought to you by the fine folks at UnitedMotorsport

www.wookiesinthewoods.com

LODGING INFO:

THE PLACE IS BOOKED. THEY PROBABLY HAVE CAMPING SPOTS AVAILABLE FOR SUPER REASONABLE PRICING :heart:

Fontana Village Resort
300 Woods Road
Fontana Dam, North Carolina 28733
Phone (800)-849-2258
Email: reservations@fontanavillage.com

SCHEDULE AND FAQ TO BE UPDATED SHORTLY

SEE YOU IN APRIL

HAVE A QUESTION? LOOKING TO GET INVOLVED? SPONSOR? WOOKIESINTHEWOODS@GMAIL.COM

thanks John!​

See less See more
#12 ·
Any news yet on RBQ? Price and Purchase? Any shirts this year.... Maybe a cool design not a cartoon! LOL just kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Hello, fellow enthusiasts!
I am interested in doing some hikes while staying at Fontana for WITW16. I wanted to post up and see if anyone else would be interested in joining me for some trails.
(I will be on foot, not biking, and I might climb a few things).
If you are interesting in joining me, please send me a friends request, and message me.
Closer to the event date, I will post my planned trips from the following trail options. I do want to plan a longer hike, that will include a section of the Appalachian Trail.
Let's enjoy not only the roads, but nature too!

(Map credit: http://www.fontanavillage.com/Hiking Trail Map 1-16-1.jpg)

(Map credit: http://www.fontanavillage.com/Hiking Trail Map 1-16-2.jpg ).

Thanks,
Bre

#19 ·
Hiking

I do a lot of hiking in Maine all summer and ski all winter. Your idea sounds good but I'm not driving down for 15 hours to go hiking when I'm arriving Thurs night and leaving Sunday. That leaves only 2 days to drive the dragon and hang out with old and new friends. Hope you don't have to do this alone. If so, look out for the hungry bears coming out of hiberation. haha!

#20 ·
I do a lot of hiking in Maine all summer and ski all winter. Your idea sounds good but I'm not driving down for 15 hours to go hiking when I'm arriving Thurs night and leaving Sunday. That leaves only 2 days to drive the dragon and hang out with old and new friends. Hope you don't have to do this alone. If so, look out for the hungry bears coming out of hiberation. haha!

#26 ·
VW + Past Dragon Drives + April WITW = VW Driver Nirvana :laugh: :beer: :beer: :beer:

#29 ·
#34 ·
The APR guys a couple of years ago had the coolest stickers. Just a red or black line that sort of traced the route of the Dragon with a couple of loops thrown in for fun.

It would go on either the window or the front of your hood.

I wish they'd printed enough to sell but they only had them on their cars.

#41 ·
I'm surprised that this video hasn't been posted yet;
That is a pretty nice video, though it really doesn't o over the intricacies of driving the road.

IMHO something like 60-70% of the fun comes from hanging around the fire pits at night, which you can't do if you're at your own secluded house.
That number seems skewed because this is my fourth year going and have never attended the fires and still had a blast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.